• Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

18th century Macedonians mentioned in book from 1822

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Nice find TM, the Greeks will ignore this evidence, they will act as if they have not seen it........ trust me we will not get one comment from a Greek on this one.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

They can ignore, hate it, spit on it, or deny it all they want. But the fact is this; it also makes mention of the Rascians. Here's what wikipedia says about the Rascians (I don't like to use wikipedia but in this case it has a source to it)

Raci (Раци, Rác, Rácok, Ratzen, Ratzians, Rasciani, Rascians) was a name used to designate Serbs, or sometimes, in a wider perspective, all South Slavs,[1] in the Middle Ages and the early modern times.
      Now that we see that the Rascians were a Slavic speaking peoples we see that the author above notes 4. Serbians, Rascians, Macedonians, and Bulgarians.

Someone already tried to decipher that these were "greeks". But that person recinded his statement because this text makes no mention of a supposed "greek" Macedonian people anywhere else in this book. But it does make mention of 4 Slavic speaking peoples

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

It is undisputable.... they will try, but they will loose.

Comment

• DrVosi
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          They can ignore, hate it, spit on it, or deny it all they want. But the fact is this; it also makes mention of the Rascians. Here's what wikipedia says about the Rascians (I don't like to use wikipedia but in this case it has a source to it)

Now that we see that the Rascians were a Slavic speaking peoples we see that the author above notes 4. Serbians, Rascians, Macedonians, and Bulgarians.

Someone already tried to decipher that these were "greeks". But that person recinded his statement because this text makes no mention of a supposed "greek" Macedonian people anywhere else in this book. But it does make mention of 4 Slavic speaking peoples
          Well what is your explanation to this then??

I like your style, you put in Macedonia click search and see what pops up. My advice is to read the whole article or Book in question.

Dont feel ashamed for using Wikipedia, i just learned that Serbs and all the South Slavs were called by this name. Hey you want to help me out here, it seems like mon, wed, fri you are proud Slavs and then tues , thurs and sat your antique Macedonians. Sunday is an off day im sure, everybody needs a day off to rest.

----
          Dr AV*
          Last edited by DrVosi; 04-17-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

You Greeks should take it little easy, you are not as Greek as you have been made to believe. There is an amplitude of work by Professors backing this up.

Macedonian is used in the context of Macedonian, not Greek, because Greek could everyone be, Greek was an Eastern Roman adhering to the Orthodox church.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DrVosi View Post
              Well what is your explanation to this then??

I like your style, you put in Macedonia click search and see what pops up. My advice is to read the whole article or Book in question.

Dont feel ashamed for using Wikipedia, i just learned that Serbs and all the South Slavs were called by this name. Hey you want to help me out here, it seems like mon, wed, fri you are proud Slavs and then tues , thurs and sat your antique Macedonians. Sunday is an off day im sure, everybody needs a day off to rest.

----
              Dr AV*
              Too bad it's not from the same book I posted from smart guy. I suggest you do your research a little bit better before you fall flat on your face again like you did before. That's twice. http://books.google.com/books?id=orY...YPES#PPA177,M1

I like how you lump us all in one batch. Unfortunately for you we Macedonians are individuals and think and have opinions of our own. Unlike your 1984 society where you drones are programmed to think exactly the same. Tell me once again how it is you ArvanitoSlavoVlachs are related to the dead ancient peoples called Hellenes? What a dis-honor you do to their name.

Comment

• DrVosi
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                Too bad it's not from the same book I posted from smart guy. I suggest you do your research a little bit better before you fall flat on your face again like you did before. That's twice. http://books.google.com/books?id=orY...YPES#PPA177,M1

I like how you lump us all in one batch. Unfortunately for you we Macedonians are individuals and think and have opinions of our own. Unlike your 1984 society where you drones are programmed to think exactly the same. Tell me once again how it is you ArvanitoSlavoVlachs are related to the dead ancient peoples called Hellenes? What a dis-honor you do to their name.
                Excuse me?? Its not from the same book?? You mean its not from the same Volume right, that is what you meant to say right??
                Newsflash sport , the link i gave you is from Volume 3 , the one you have is from Volume 6. Same title, same publisher , same date.
                Ill help you out a bit more. Whats happening is this dictionary is describing places. In Volume 3 it starts with places with the letter G , in Volume 6 it starts with the letter T. Now even my little 5 year old can figure out that Volume 1 will start with places with the letter A.
                Are you following me champ??
                Now a good student would start from Volume 1 and then go to 6 not the other way around. He would also then figure out who those Macedonians are that are mentioned in Volume 6.
                The only thing thats falling are the boxes that you loaded on the skid while your driving that forklift. I suggest driving at a lower speed and getting a new pair of work boots.

And now that i read most of that dictionary , i will post some pages of interest which you failed to include. But that will have to wait until tommorow.
                Last edited by DrVosi; 04-24-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Very good. The above is the original of what you posted. Merchants. And "greek" meant merchant. As you can see the "czinzarians" or the Vlachs also passed for "greeks" and they practiced the same trade. Cute. Maybe you should let your 5 year old read this as well and see if he understands it since it's from the same "volume" you posted http://books.google.com/books?id=B7Y...YPES#PPA354,M1

Again the merchants are called "greeks" along with the Jews. But I wonder what ethnicity are these "greeks"?

So you comparing your text with mine is as bogus as your ethnicity. The author had it right from the text I posted. Servians, Rascians, Macedonians, and Bulgarians. All Slavic speaking peoples.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Divorcee
                    Hey you want to help me out here, it seems like mon, wed, fri you are proud Slavs and then tues , thurs and sat your antique Macedonians. Sunday is an off day im sure, everybody needs a day off to rest.
                    You might want to ease up there champ, don't conjure falsities here, the Macedonians are Macedonians and the ancient, Roman and Slavonic periods are all a part of our history. Maybe you should take a few extra days off, as it seems one is not nearly enough to replenish that peanut of yours.

How exactly do you consider the above text to be in favour of your pointless crusade? To anybody other than an idiot the terms Macedonian and Greek are not interchangeable, while the reference to Modern Greek means the above text is not as simplistic as your perception of it. Take a look at the Cinzars for example, they practice the Greek (Orthodox Christian) religion which would result in several of them also learning the Greek tongue (in varying degrees) through church and schooling, hence the reason they can 'pass' as Greeks, not because they are Greeks. Are you trying to say that the Macedonian name was generic for all 'Greeks', and if so, can you show me where in this peanut theory of yours is there room for Athenians and Spartans being reffered to as Macedonians in the early 1800's? Or are you trying to say that the Macedonians were the only 'Greeks' in Hungary, who numbered approx. 2,500,000 people in total?

Who are these 'Greeks'?

Well, well, united (with Rome) and not united 'Greeks', 2 and half mill, all ethnic Greeks? Or, are these the 'Modern Greeks' indicated in the initial text that the Orthodox Macedonians are supposed to be, along with the several thousand Orthodox Serbs and Bulgarians in Hungary?

Interesting text, it indicates that Macedonians, Serbs, Bulgars and Rascians migrated north into Hapsburg territory after the latter's battle with the Turks which re-commenced in the late 1730's. This coincides with other migrations of Macedonians and related Slavic peoples, which took place in the same era.

With the assumption of control in the Balkans by the Ottomans, the Archbishopric of Ohrid in Macedonia had its widespread power and influence marginalised, while the Patriarchate of Constantinople found itself in a rejuvenated position resulting from its new found friendship with the recently arrived Muslim overlords. With the

http://wsu.edu/~dee/OTTOMAN/17TH.HTM
                    In the eighteenth century, the Ottomans fought a series of wars with European powers. Between 1714 and 1718, they fought with the small country of Venice; between 1736 and 1739, they fought with Austria and Russia in order to stop the expansion of these powers into Muslim territories.
                    After the peace treaty with the European Powers the Turks inflicted a severely harsh reprisal on the Macedonians, which prompted some of the first signs of emigration into Austria and Russia. Several Christians of the Ottoman Empire made requests for emigration to Russia, and in the year 1751 these requests were granted to Macedonians, Serbs, Vlachs and Bulgarians. The following year in 1752 infantry regiments were established within the Russian army which were divided according to nationality, described in a Russian royal edict as the "Orthodox Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian and Vlach peoples”.

In the year 1757 Montenegrin Metropolitan Vasilije Petrovic wrote a letter to the Russian Count Shuvalov expressing the feelings of the “Albanians, Macedonians, Bosnians, Serbs and Bulgarians”, who viewed Russia as the great Orthodox Slavic power and their saviour from the Turks. The Macedonians in the Russian regiments were still active in the mid 1760's as a number of them were sent back into Balkan lands to fight for the cause of freedom from the Turks.

As a result the possibility to form the two additional regiments in new Serbia was created: Macedonian and Bulgarian field hussar from the unmarried and lonely people, which did not wish to manage in the settling.
                    Meanwhile, the increase of Austrian power in the region also made it a safe haven for Christian fugitives from the Ottoman Empire, particularly during the years 1765-66, as the struggle of the Macedonians, Serbs, Bosnians and others against the Turks became relentless. The strength and attraction of the powerful empires belonging to Austria and Russia were to assist in sustaining the hope of the Christians in the Ottoman Empire during the 18th and 19th centuries.

All these fugitives, Uskoks....Albanians, Macedonians, Serbians and Wallachians, were hospitably received in Austria, and settled as beforein...the Banat, for the defence of the frontier.

Are you still following me champ? Can you show me where your 2.5 million "ethnic Greeks" in Austria-Hungary disappeared to?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                    X