Moving To Bitola For 1-2 years to open a Cafe/disco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Crying Lion*
    • Jan 2010

Moving To Bitola For 1-2 years to open a Cafe/disco?

Hello,

Im thinking of moving to bitola 1-2 years and open maybe a coffe shop or disco or something similar?

Is it a wise idea? How is the political climate in Macedonia at the moment?
    Is it dangerous in bitola? Havent been in Macedonia for 7long years.

im 32 years old and single also i have worked in many countries in europe england , norway , germany , france.

Anyone know a good site where you can find property in Bitola?

majka i tatko mi e od bitola i jas sym roden vo Brighton.

I know my spelling sucks in english + macedonian , thats beacuse i have never felt at home anywhere

Well would be thankfull for any response!

thank you
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The Crying Lion* View Post
    Hello,

Im thinking of moving to bitola 1-2 years and open maybe a coffe shop or disco or something similar?

Is it a wise idea? How is the political climate in Macedonia at the moment?
    Is it dangerous in bitola? Havent been in Macedonia for 7long years.

im 32 years old and single also i have worked in many countries in europe england , norway , germany , france.

majka i tatko mi e od bitola i jas sym roden vo Brighton.

I know my spelling sucks in english + macedonian , thats beacuse i have never felt at home anywhere

Well would be thankfull for any response!

thank you
    You will open up a goldmine in Macedonia. This is all Macedonians in the Republic do. Good luck with your future in Bitola with the other 300 or so cafes and discos.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Orovnichanec
      • Sep 2008

I think you should open something that isn't already there. Everyone thinks of doing coffee shops or discotekas/clubs.
      "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The Crying Lion* View Post

PAZAR 3
        Buy, sell, advertise Cars, Apartments, Car parts, Cell phones, Forklifts, Clothes, Toys, Fridges, Washing machines, Dogs, Sport equipment and much more on Pazar3.mk! Ads for new and used products and a possibility for cargo delivery to your homes!

It's the largest trading site in Macedonia. This place has everything, from cars, personal items to real estate that covers the entire ROM.
        There are thousands of properties in this site.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Orovnichanec View Post
          I think you should open something that isn't already there.
          Can you sell and market 'fuck'...like giving a 'fuck' about something...?

Comment

• PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA
            • Mar 2013

Good luck
            do your research first.i remember i had a conversation with a macedonian immigrant 3 years ago who supposodly had one of the best clubs in bitola.it was always full but he still went down hill.he says he lost a lot of money and his life savings and now lives in sydney and also fights with his wife for 1 dollar.i do not know how he stuffed up as his stories were inconsistent but from another person it is true he owned a club.
            from my experience your club/bar will either be full or be empty it is very very rare to see average amount of people.i know a lot of people tend to sit on a beer and have a table full of people just sitting around.be carefull with people putting up IOUs there is a lot of that going on and you will not get paid back.there are a lot of clubs in bitola so competition is strong.
            why dont you open a bar for australian/macedonians we are a bunch of pissheads and you can make good money from us.

Comment

• The Crying Lion*
              • Jan 2010

Thanks everyone for the answers , god bless you all !

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                • Jan 2009

What I find lacking in Bitola is good clothing stores "Mens & Womens"... the store owners there get cheap crap the ones they can't sell else so they send it into Bitola...And their isn't a variety of clothing..
                I know Many from Bitola would go to other cities and even..yes...you guess it greece for clothing...
                So maybe clothing could be the answer...their already too many coffee shop in Bitola..tho I here many Australian Macedonians been treated unfairly in business there..
                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The Crying Lion*
                  • Jan 2010

The Lion will ROAR what has happened to Australian Macedonians ??
                  Is Bitola a safe city i hear there is many begger gypsys is there alot of violent crime and armed robberies like we have in the rest of western europe ??

thanks

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

you would need to open one where people cogregate most.When they go out at night for korso.You would definitely need to fly out there & see whats available.The thing you thought is unsuitable might well prove you wrong.You need to see with your own eyes.Also there are plenty of real estate agents there to advise you.Also why don't you go for a walkaround & ask a few busineses of how they are doing.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• BigMak
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

its who you know in Macedonia especially on a small business scale. But be smart dont let your relatives rape you and bleed you dry. Bitola is a great place for Cafe/disco.

Most aussies when they are there go to rascekor night club.

In the summer time it would be great to cater more for the aussie tourists rather than the lazy locals, who only go for a purve and buy one visky between the 4 of them.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Crying Lion,

The best advice I can give you is invest your money wisely and go to Macedonia for holidays. In other words, keep your money as far away as possible from Macedonia. You'll most likely be bankrupted before you even finish paying off local officials and never actually open up your cafe.

If you're really keen, go there first and speak to the local officials about what licensing etc you'll require. You'll soon get the picture.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          PAZAR 3
                          http://www.pazar3.mk/en

It's the largest trading site in Macedonia. This place has everything, from cars, personal items to real estate that covers the entire ROM.
                          There are thousands of properties in this site.
                          How many of those items actually exist?
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by vangelovski View Post
                            how many of those items actually exist?
                            rofl......
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• The Crying Lion*
                              • Jan 2010

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X