X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
    First what is the practical necessity to list ethnic groups by name?
    I’m surprised they haven’t pushed for changes to the anthem. Perhaps they’re saving it for a time when they run out of reasons to whinge about false problems.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

I see the protests have begun.
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

I see the Albanians (like our Greek friends) do not seem to know the difference between citizenship and ethnicity. In what other country is your ethnicity listed on your passport?

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
          I see the Albanians (like our Greek friends) do not seem to know the difference between citizenship and ethnicity. In what other country is your ethnicity listed on your passport?
          They know the difference. They just both hate the term 'Macedonian' and will stop at no illogical argument to get rid of 'Macedonian' and what it represents.

Comment

• sydney
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
            They know the difference. They just both hate the term 'Macedonian' and will stop at no illogical argument to get rid of 'Macedonian' and what it represents.
            In a nutshell. When you believe you pre-date all others in the Balkans (including Greeks) and are getting a modern leg-up from international powers, why would you stop demanding?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
              I see the protests have begun.
              A whimper it seems.

DPNE “joins” protests, get booed by masses

DPNE’s leader Hristijan Mickoski after doing Zaev’s bidding in Parliament for months, decided to show up to protest with the masses in front of Parliament. However, the gathered Macedonians are not buying what this fake patriot is selling. He was loudly booed, so much so he decided not to hold a speech.
              Seems about right I guess.

Interesting to read Radio Free Europe describe it as "several thousand protesters" and Washington Times as "several hundred".

Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Actually, I just saw Radio Free Europe updated what they saw. I would say hundreds of people.

Hundreds of people gathered outside the Macedonian parliament to protest against changing the name of the country to the Republic of North Macedonia. It came as lawmakers were forced to delay the final debate the name change.

The passion is palpable lol.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

Kosovo-Serbia Standoff
                  US warning Pristina: Revoke taxes, or face sanctions?

An 8-point document of the US National Security Council and the State Department wants Pristina to immediately suspend the taxes imposed on goods from Serbia.

SOURCE: TANJUG MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2019

URL:

Otherwise, Pristina will face US sanctions in the shape of Washington withdrawing its support to the Kosovo Security Force (KSF), Kosovo-based Albanian language press is reporting on Monday.

According to Klan Kosova, the document has been sent to the Pristina government.

Earlier, the daily Koha reported, cited by Radio Kontakt Plus, that they learned from the US embassy in Pristina this move had been requested repeatedly from the Kosovo leadership.

"We strongly encourage the renewal of focus on Kosovo's key goals - a European perspective and normalization of relations with Serbia," the embassy said.

However, the Pristina government claims not to have received any message from the US regarding the revoking of trade barriers.

"We did not receive any request from the United States," Avni Arifi, chief of the cabinet of the provisional Kosovo institutions' prime minister, has told Gazeta Express.

Koha Online reported earlier today that Washington has, via its embassy, urged Pristina to abolish the taxes increased by 100 percent and thus pave the way for the continuation of the dialogue with Belgrade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albania is encouraging the final agreement between Belgrade and Pristina, as it will allow the unification of Albania with Kosovo, said Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama.

Rama spoke about the final agreement in the Slobodna Zona TV show, as Zeri online reported, that Tirana encourages the completion of this process, which is supported by the United States and the European Union, which will enable the unification of Albania and Kosovo.

URL:
                  Албанија охрабрује постизање финалног споразума Београда и Приштине, јер ће он омогућити уједињење Албаније са Косовом, изјавио је албански премијер Еди Рама.
                  Last edited by Carlin; 01-15-2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Carlin
                    • Dec 2011

Zekiri possible candidate for president?

SDSM vice president Muhamed Zekiri is the government's candidate for President, Albanian-language media reported.

Zekiri was a journalist before becoming a party member. He will turn 40 in March and will fulfill the legal minimum.

SDSM and DUI want a consensus candidate. So far, the name of Professor Denko Maleski was mentioned. There is still no official position either by the party or by Zekiri.

URL:
                    Потпретседателот на СДСМ, Мухамед Зекири е кандидатот на власта за претседател, пишуваат албанските медиуми. Зекири беше новинар пред да стане партиски член. Тој во март ќе наполни 40 години со што го исполнува законскиот минимум. СДСМ и ДУИ сакаат конзензуален кандидат. Досега се спомнуваше и

Comment

• sydney
                      • Sep 2008

You can bet your left nut the next president will be Albanian.

Comment

• Carlin
                        • Dec 2011

China flexing its (economic) muscles. Wouldn't be anything unusual at this point.

Why Is China Buying Up Europe’s Ports?
                        State-owned port operators are the aggressive leading edge of Beijing’s massive Belt and Road project.

- "A pair of deep-pocketed Chinese behemoths, Cosco Shipping Ports and China Merchants Port Holdings, have gone on a buying binge of late, snapping up cargo terminals in the Indian Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, and the Atlantic rim. Just last month, Cosco finalized the takeover of the terminal in Zeebrugge, Belgium’s second-biggest port, marking the Chinese firm’s first bridgehead in northwestern Europe.

That deal followed a raft of other acquisitions in Spain, Italy, and Greece in just the last couple of years. Chinese state firms, which once kept close to their home market, now control about one-tenth of all European port capacity.

The port deals are one of the clearest manifestations of Beijing’s ambitious plans to physically link China to Europe by sea, road, rail, and pipeline."

- "That rising influence is spooking many in Europe. With Chinese investment skyrocketing, European leaders are growing increasingly leery that Chinese President Xi Jinping is turning China’s economic heft into political pull. Since Cosco dropped $1 billion into buying and upgrading the once-sleepy Greek port of Piraeus, for example, Beijing has been able to count on Greek assistance to scupper European Union condemnations of China’s behavior on issues including human rights and the South China Sea."

- "And when it comes to ports, Cosco isn’t even the biggest state-owned Chinese firm: China Merchants Port Holdings moves even more cargo and has also been busy overseas, snapping up terminals in Sri Lanka, Djibouti, and Brazil, in addition to earlier acquisitions in Europe."

- "The port deals, and other infrastructure projects associated with the Belt and Road in Central and Eastern Europe, threaten to politically hive off vulnerable members of an already tottering European Union, said van der Putten of the Netherlands Institute."

Wait until China starts flexing its military/navy muscles:
                        video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

#PLAN_VideoSummarising the 2018 PLAN naval review and military exercises conducted in the first half of the year.credits to: 我和南海有个约会 via Weibo

US sounds alarm about China’s military and economic inroads in Indo-Pacific - Read more at:
                        India News: Sounding this warning in its latest report on “China’s global expansion by military and non-military means”, the US Pentagon says Beijing also “comple

The Chinese military’s five biggest leaps forward in modern weapon systems:
                        Beijing’s most significant developments apply science to military problems, while US study says drive to preserve Communist Party rule is behind transformation.
                        Last edited by Carlin; 01-17-2019, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                          China flexing its (economic) muscles. Wouldn't be anything unusual at this point.

Why Is China Buying Up Europe’s Ports?
                          State-owned port operators are the aggressive leading edge of Beijing’s massive Belt and Road project.

That deal followed a raft of other acquisitions in Spain, Italy, and Greece in just the last couple of years. Chinese state firms, which once kept close to their home market, now control about one-tenth of all European port capacity.

The port deals are one of the clearest manifestations of Beijing’s ambitious plans to physically link China to Europe by sea, road, rail, and pipeline."
                          Maybe this goes some way to explain the selling of your arse to the chinese...

Gross public debt as a % of GDP:

Spain: 97%
                          Italy: 131%
                          And the European champion, soon to be world record holder -
                          The indomitable greeks: 181%

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Maybe this goes some way to explain the selling of your arse to the chinese...
                            We (Australia) aren't too far behind...
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              We (Australia) aren't too far behind...
                              Did they sell that port in Darwin to the Chinese...there was a bit of an outcry when it was first proposed but can't remember if it went ahead...?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

They leased it for 99 years and that was when Obama issued a total WTF to Australia. (From memory)
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X