• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momce
    Banned
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Mistracona View Post
    momce writes: "I think you get most of your knowledge from "greek" sourcesi.e highly propaganda laden..."

If you check quickly back at my sources, momce, you will see that they are from Eugene Borza, an historian who is highly regarded and often quoted on this site, other international historians like Mary Beard who is professor of Classics at Cambridge University, England, from Loring Danforth, a very pro-Republic of Macedonia supporter, From diplomats and government officials of the Republic of Macedonia, from the Macedonia Academy of Arts and Sciences and from the leading, highly-respected and well-accomplished Macedonian academician Georgi Stradalov.

I have used no "greek" sources at all and certainly none from the unreformed and reactionary Greek Orthodox Church.

Would you please quote some of your sources.

Thanks,
    No you are using these historians to back up the common greek claim that we are not Macedonians. Well you havent proven anyone is "greek" or what that is(since most of classical greek culture was destroyed anyways in the Christian era). So what is left of the socalled greek culture other then linguistic fragments?(most of socalled greek folklore is foreign for example)

Comment

• momce
      Banned
      • Oct 2012

I never said you use greek authors. I meant you are using the common analysis of history through the lens of classical scholarship filtered through 19th century phillhellenism to "define" us, because everything you write falls into those categories which you seem unwilling to apply to modern greece...byzantinism...

Comment

• Mistracona
        Banned
        • Oct 2012

@ momce

Would you please quote some sources for your statements, or are you just expressing your opinions? If all you are doing is expressing your personal opinions, that's your privilege.

All you have done is make accusations against my posts without any evidence and that, too, is your privilege.

That leprechauns have placed a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow is also a personal opinion, however, not everyone is convinced.

Comment

• momce
          Banned
          • Oct 2012

@ momce

Would you please quote some sources for your statements, or are you just expressing your opinions? If all you are doing is expressing your personal opinions, that's your privilege.

All you have done is make accusations against my posts without any evidence and that, too, is your privilege.

That leprechauns have placed a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow is also a personal opinion, however, not everyone is convinced.
          again what is the point of your posts? you asked if we have any relation to the ancient Macedonia, yes we do...you asked if our language is similar etc--i will add most people in history have been illiterate so giving them an alphabet is usually a political act...etc...you are engaging in politics

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

The Slavic-speaking people of the Balkans received their alphabet and their religion from the Greek-speaking Roman Empire in the east (the so-called "Byzantine").
            Wow, if you could speak the lingua franca of the time, you must have been Greek. Surely you see the stupidity of this statement. Maybe not.

But, just for the record, it wasn't the ethnic Greeks who created the alphabet. They couldn't speak the language. It was the dominant ethnic group of Solun and surrounding regions at the time. They came from Macedonia. Hope it doesn't hurt you to read this fact. I'm kidding, I hope it eats you alive.

Among some who are less accomplished, who have no other history to fall back on, who are ashamed of their own lineage, who have mortifying insecurities created by their own megalomaniac fantasies, the truth becomes a searing humiliation. Their only response is to turn and attack their cultural benefactors, to be obsessed by them, to have them loom as giants before them, to fill their angry souls with them, to create monsters from a child's imagination.
            My goodness. The modern Macedonians are nothing more than the indigenous inhabitants of the region and you blame them for not developing the myths that the modern Greek nation relies on so heavily. In fact, I find the above statement from you particularly distasteful and thoroughly Greek in its approach. You are quite a nasty person Mistracona.

The Hungarians have folklore that talks of migrations of 1000 years ago. Personally, I am positive they mixed with the local inhabitants of the region. You must positively hate them for not being 3000 years old.

Macedonians are just the indigenous people of Macedonia. Thought I would write that for you again. How does it feel?

There are enlightened, mature and morally powerful individuals like Georgi Stradalov, like Kiro Gligorov - who fought for his country as a young man and who dedicated his life to serving it - and many others who have a view from the summit of humanity, who welcome and embrace the truth and use it as a stepping-stone. They are the centurions of "Romanitas," the archons of "Romiosini."
            Stradalov is positively unknown to me and most Macedonians. Most likely because his views are totally irrelevant and simply wrong. Gligorov spent most of his life on the lap of influential Serbians. I believe his son loved the Serbs so much that he was a founder of the Democratic Party in Serbia. I wouldn't exalt them too much ... unless I was a Greek.

And some are the typical first-generation immigrants with one foot in one country and one in the other and a sense of belonging in neither. The lost dogs of human migration.

All the best,
            I have met some wonderful first-generation Greeks in my country. Then I have met those incredibly insecure Greek wannabes who used to film Macedonian events so they could send footage to some piss weak little Greek agency that supposedly kept tabs on the actions of the Macedonians that escaped the Greek revisionist regime. They still speak Macedonian but they bury their dead with Greek tombstones. Most can't even read them. Such utter peasantry. I'm sure you like them and rate them highly.

If I'm a lost dog, then I am the smartest pitbull you will ever come across. And you are a yapping chihuahua that still can't admit that the indigenous Macedonians are the rightful people and culture of Macedonia. Yapping so hard that you can't even admit the millions of ancestors of former Turkish nationals (of various former ethnicities) have no rightful claim on Macedonia other than being grateful guests.

Underneath your suspenseful style of writing, you are nothing more than a hater. Thank you for providing me some fuel. It was fun.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• momce
              Banned
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Wow, if you could speak the lingua franca of the time, you must have been Greek. Surely you see the stupidity of this statement. Maybe not.

But, just for the record, it wasn't the ethnic Greeks who created the alphabet. They couldn't speak the language. It was the dominant ethnic group of Solun and surrounding regions at the time. They came from Macedonia. Hope it doesn't hurt you to read this fact. I'm kidding, I hope it eats you alive.

My goodness. The modern Macedonians are nothing more than the indigenous inhabitants of the region and you blame them for not developing the myths that the modern Greek nation relies on so heavily. In fact, I find the above statement from you particularly distasteful and thoroughly Greek in its approach. You are quite a nasty person Mistracona.

The Hungarians have folklore that talks of migrations of 1000 years ago. Personally, I am positive they mixed with the local inhabitants of the region. You must positively hate them for not being 3000 years old.

Macedonians are just the indigenous people of Macedonia. Thought I would write that for you again. How does it feel?

Stradalov is positively unknown to me and most Macedonians. Most likely because his views are totally irrelevant and simply wrong. Gligorov spent most of his life on the lap of influential Serbians. I believe his son loved the Serbs so much that he was a founder of the Democratic Party in Serbia. I wouldn't exalt them too much ... unless I was a Greek.

I have met some wonderful first-generation Greeks in my country. Then I have met those incredibly insecure Greek wannabes who used to film Macedonian events so they could send footage to some piss weak little Greek agency that supposedly kept tabs on the actions of the Macedonians that escaped the Greek revisionist regime. They still speak Macedonian but they bury their dead with Greek tombstones. Most can't even read them. Such utter peasantry. I'm sure you like them and rate them highly.

If I'm a lost dog, then I am the smartest pitbull you will ever come across. And you are a yapping chihuahua that still can't admit that the indigenous Macedonians are the rightful people and culture of Macedonia. Yapping so hard that you can't even admit the millions of ancestors of former Turkish nationals (of various former ethnicities) have no rightful claim on Macedonia other than being grateful guests.

Underneath your suspenseful style of writing, you are nothing more than a hater. Thank you for providing me some fuel. It was fun.
              exactly have to reel them off with the hook sometimes

Comment

• momce
                Banned
                • Oct 2012

these guys live in an upside down world..maybe too much greek style in the church...they cant admit greece is a fake country and culture and try to destroy the natural popular expression as being foreign

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Mistracona was consigned to to the same smelly scrap heap of haters that Greece seems to breed at an alarming rate thanks to it's utter contempt for its geographical neighbours. Mistracona has a friend here:

Henry the Hoover's cocaine overdose - YouTube
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Chiche
                    • Jul 2012

Thank you Risto, for putting a smile on my face this morning.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Just to clarify things imho,

I don't think anyone here claims are direct (Pure) descendent from the Ancient Macedonians, just like any other nationality on this planet, there would be some changes in bloodlines and Language due to invasions and settlements, which would have caused mixed marriages (which still happens today).

In saying this......over the years there have been DNA studies in our region that shows Macedonians, (even though have mixtures in there DNA just like every other European nation) are the closest out of anyone to the Ancient Macedonians, while Modern Greeks had a Sub Saharan origin . I don't know how accurate the next point to this DNA test is, but i believe this test was requested by Greece themselves inorder to (Just like Mistracona) try and prove we are not in anyway related to the Ancient Macedonians and then just like Mistracona, repeatedly throw in our face after this DNA evidence"what possible connection do the Macedonian people have with the ancient kingdom" blah blah blah. Well this test back fired on Greece that began eating them alive.

Why would i not bring this DNA test (which is posted in this forum) after Mistracona was loosing his marbles and forming cancer from stress after repeatedly insisting we show "one shred of evidence"? I have no doubt Mistracona, just like all Greek response after they found what they did not want to hear, would have said this test was bullshit and financed by Soros....or something ridiculous along those lines. You can not discuss anything with pathetic tards like Mistracona. It was only weeks ago a countryman of Mistracona (forget his name)......asked for evidence regarding Ancient Macedonian being a separate language, which then i showed numerous sources (mostly ancient) which his reply was (something along the lines of) "Ancient writers could have made mistakes". lol.

To be honest......i have sympathy for Greeks like Mistracona. The same type you would have for any mentally disabled person, you just cant, shouldn't take them serious and get angry with them, its inhumane and frowned upon.

It might be a crude comment, but what else would you label their mentality when someone like Mistracona claims their connection to the ancient Greeks is, Modern Greeks say "skata" and possibly the Ancient Greeks used the same word when they showed disapproval. Never mind the 2000+ Turkish words in their vocabulary, but those handful of Greek words (that their Albanian/Vlach/Turkish/Slav forefathers learnt) somehow gives the Mistracona's of this world the right to steal ancient Greek history then claim we are the "criminals" who we are in Fact indigenous to the Macedonian Land be it from Ancient times (our argument) or their argument which is we inhabited the land during, 6th century (which i disagree but even if there is proof from 6th century, its a hell of a lot of time to be a inhabitant....it beats 20th century settlers).
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                        Just to clarify things imho,

I don't think anyone here claims are direct (Pure) descendent from the Ancient Macedonians, just like any other nationality on this planet, there would be some changes in bloodlines and Language due to invasions and settlements, which would have caused mixed marriages (which still happens today).

In saying this......over the years there have been DNA studies in our region that shows Macedonians, (even though have mixtures in there DNA just like every other European nation) are the closest out of anyone to the Ancient Macedonians, while Modern Greeks had a Sub Saharan origin . I don't know how accurate the next point to this DNA test is, but i believe this test was requested by Greece themselves inorder to (Just like Mistracona) try and prove we are not in anyway related to the Ancient Macedonians and then just like Mistracona, repeatedly throw in our face after this DNA evidence"what possible connection do the Macedonian people have with the ancient kingdom" blah blah blah. Well this test back fired on Greece that began eating them alive.

Why would i not bring this DNA test (which is posted in this forum) after Mistracona was loosing his marbles and forming cancer from stress after repeatedly insisting we show "one shred of evidence"? I have no doubt Mistracona, just like all Greek response after they found what they did not want to hear, would have said this test was bullshit and financed by Soros....or something ridiculous along those lines. You can not discuss anything with pathetic tards like Mistracona. It was only weeks ago a countryman of Mistracona (forget his name)......asked for evidence regarding Ancient Macedonian being a separate language, which then i showed numerous sources (mostly ancient) which his reply was (something along the lines of) "Ancient writers could have made mistakes". lol.

To be honest......i have sympathy for Greeks like Mistracona. The same type you would have for any mentally disabled person, you just cant, shouldn't take them serious and get angry with them, its inhumane and frowned upon.

It might be a crude comment, but what else would you label their mentality when someone like Mistracona claims their connection to the ancient Greeks is, Modern Greeks say "skata" and possibly the Ancient Greeks used the same word when they showed disapproval. Never mind the 2000+ Turkish words in their vocabulary, but those handful of Greek words (that their Albanian/Vlach/Turkish/Slav forefathers learnt) somehow gives the Mistracona's of this world the right to steal ancient Greek history then claim we are the "criminals" who we are in Fact indigenous to the Macedonian Land be it from Ancient times (our argument) or their argument which is we inhabited the land during, 6th century (which i disagree but even if there is proof from 6th century, its a hell of a lot of time to be a inhabitant....it beats 20th century settlers).
                        Bill77
                        That clarifies it for me very nicely thanks Bill!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• momce
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2012

yes for people like mistracona we are immigrants and the greekos are the original macedonians hahahaha thats how warped it is

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

17. "It should be remembered, to begin with, that there is no Macedonian race, as a distinct type. Macedonians may belong to any of the races of Eastern Europe or Western Asia, as, indeed, they do. A Macedonian Bulgar is just the same as a Bulgar of Bulgaria proper, the old principality, that in October, 1908, at Tirnova, was proclaimed independent of Turkey. He looks the same, talks the same, and very largely, thinks the same way. In short, he is of the same stock. There is no difference, whatsoever, between the two branches of the race, except that the Macedonian Bulgars, as a result of their position under the Turkish government, have less culture and education than their northern brethren."
                            [Arthur Douglas Howden Smith, "Fighting the Turk in the Balkans: An American's Adventures with the Macedonian Revolutionists", 1908, p. 4-5
                            ]
                            Really interesting that you would use Smith. I wish Mistraboner wasn't banned but I am sure he already has a new alias on the MTO. And I know he and his like are reading this. So read on about Smith and his book further than the 2 pages you provided - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ighlight=smith
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X