The Parliament building in Athens is full of original Macedonian names!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

And a question, from a curiosity of course, how did those names appeared on that wall?

What is the point?

Does it have something to do with this:

It is interesting to note that in April 1885, the Greek Foreign Ministry instructed the consuls in
    Macedonia to collect ethnological data supporting Greek claims as far north as
    Ohrid-Krussovo-Prilep-Stobi-north of Stumnitsa, Meleniko, Nevrokop. AYE, Kontostavlos to
    consulates, No. 394, 9/21 Apr. 1885.
    28 Proposals for armed retaliation against the Bulgarians, made by Greeks of the “front line” towns
    of Nevrokop and Meleniko, the Greek Government refused even to discuss. AYE/” Macedonian
    Consulates”/Foreign Minister to Logothetis (Thessaloniki), No. 259, 26 Feb./10 March 1883.

Thank You,
    M
    Last edited by Bratot; 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

And a small contribution to this subject, on the right half

KLISURA , OSTROVITSA, POGRADEC, RUPEL
      Last edited by Bratot; 11-26-2008, 06:25 PM.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        Petsovo means the village of Peco. Peco is short nickname coming from Petar.

Where are you from?
        - From the village of Petso. (Petsovo)

Probably the biggest familly in the village.
        You think its that simple, or is it a secret ancient greek name

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          Confusion in absurdum, but I thank them from the bottom of my heart for all the little gems they have left behind, this and the Macedonian-Greek dictionary by Tsioulkas and many more...... those little things will be their downfall because we will find them and present them to the world so they will know how utterly fake the Greek nation is.

Look what I have found thus far, is it much? fairly, but remember I have just begun, this is the tip of the iceberg. Just wait and see what we will have discovered in another two years time......

All this accumulates, time is on our side.
          I havn't heard of that. Tell me more.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Pelister, head over to http://makedonika.wordpress.com search for "dictionary" in the search window.......
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Thanks Daskalot.

Why are the names of Macedonian villages written on these walls ? I mean what is the purpose of having them there or why were they put there 'in stone' ?
              Last edited by Pelister; 12-03-2008, 11:56 PM. Reason: Add more text

Comment

• TerraNova
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                Thanks Daskalot.

Why are the names of Macedonian villages written on these walls ? I mean what is the purpose of having them there or why were they put there 'in stone' ?
                On the walls of the monument of the "unknown Soldier" are written dozens of places were the Greek army fought.

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

correct where the Greek army fought when the names were not yet altered, all these names are from the first world war if I remember correctly, can you confirm this TerraNova that the names on the monument of the unknown soldier are from the places where the Greek army fought and lost men during the first world war.
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    correct where the Greek army fought when the names were not yet altered, all these names are from the first world war if I remember correctly, can you confirm this TerraNova that the names on the monument of the unknown soldier are from the places where the Greek army fought and lost men during the first world war.
                    That is preciesly the point.

The names of these villages had not been changed yet.

There was no equivalent in Greek or any other language, so it an incredible slip up, and at the same time a fantastic record from a Greek point of view of what the landscape looked like.

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                      Yes i have many questions. You didnt answer my first question.

Whats a Banitsa ? We got guys like Philosophies trying to break down Greek words , breaking down Slavic words should be no problem.

My second question is whats a Pets? in Petsovo?

That will be all for now, spolaiti.
                      Banitca is slavic word for pie,which is IZGUŽVANA,i dont know english word,it is from word GIBANITCA,that is called in SLOVENIA,where there is no Bulgars,Gibana,means Izmotana Presvijena,like in a cyrcle....translate the word for our greek bros?
                      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Sory Slovenec i skipted your answer,so i also know three persons with nick name PETSE-PECE,the nick is from surname,there is also a Macedonian in Poreč-Croatia,he has an restouran named KOD PECETA....
                        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                        - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• TerraNova
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008

I stepped on the following photo...and i remembered this thread ...

It's in the Government Building in Skopje...an inscription in ancient Greek ...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

It is ancient inscription which was probably created during early Roman times where Greek was still used by many as a language of trade, education and literature.

It is ANCIENT. Similar inscriptions are also found in Thrace and Illyria with Greek letters and language, likewise with inscriptions in Latin.

The stone inscriptions in Athens are from the last couple of centuries, they are not ancient, and they have several names which are clearly Slavic. Slavic did not have the same influence on an official level as did Greek, so why would there be people with Slavic names if that is not their linguistic origin? Simply because these people, like most others who fought as Christians defending their lands against the Ottomans, were never 'Greek' to begin with, and the fact that your idiot government decided to put these things up and only after implement their assimilation tactics to a more intense level indicates how utterly moronic and stupid your "confused" leaders are.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

terranova is having problesm understanding context. were we to use her logic, the people of the whole mdeitteranean basin, england and the whole middle east where latin inscriptions exist in their thousands would all really be italians.

get a grip on what conext mean terranova. i recently want to a catholic church in melbourne australia, and by your logic australia must also really be italian because there were many latin inscriptions in the church.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                                i recently want to a catholic church in melbourne australia, and by your logic australia must also really be italian because there were many latin inscriptions in the church.
                                If there was a pizza shop nearby, then this is definite proof Osiris.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X