X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    As you know,Spartans and Macedonians,were of the same tribe,the Dorian.Maybe thats where my interest derives.
    Welcome Wanderer. I am positive you will end up getting all caught up in ancient history. Almost every Greek has a fundamental racist nature when it comes to Greece's neighbouring countries (and further). Perhaps you will be one of the refreshing exceptions we come across sometimes.

Feel free to explain the Dorian connection you speak of above in the history section.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Hm...I think I already asked to be excused,if I showed any disrespect.
      welcome wanderer. Peace be with you.
      have a great day/evening.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Wanderer
        My origins are from Sparta,Laconia.As you know,Spartans and Macedonians,were of the same tribe,the Dorian.Maybe thats where my interest derives.
        Welcome Wanderer, the Dorian connection is far from concrete, but I would be happy to discuss this with you should you choose to open a thread specific to that topic.
        I should inform you,that I have no problem calling you Macedonians
        I thought i'd quote that, hope I don't have to make reference to it in future.
        In any occasion,if you,still, don’t want a Greek,in a Macedonian forum,I am ready to take my sack and leave
        We have other Greeks here, so long as you respect our people and identity, we have no problem, but if you try to push the Greek view that is in every way opposed to the existence of the Macedonian people, it will be a shame.

We have another Spartan here, he has been with our forum virtually since it began, he understands that this is a Macedonian forum and there are emotional posts and factual one's too that expose some theories about our neighbours that they might not find too amusing. I can assure you 100% that no Macedonian goes without being disrespected in a Greek, Bulgar, Serb or Albanian forum. 100%. Here at least, while you may not like reading some of what you see as it is in reference to your people, you will not be attacked as an individual just because you are Greek. So feel free to speak your mind, but show the same respect you yourself deserve. And understand that it is the Greek side that initiated the so-called 'name dispute' and consequently much of the issues between the two states, it is the Greek side that demands from somebody else, while the Macedonian side asks for nothing more than to live as they have lived, as Macedonians, in identity, culture and language. Before the 19th century, there were no 'ethnic' Hellenes, Macedonians, Serbs, etc asserting themselves in the nationalistic sense while under Ottoman rule, we never had the assistance of Great Powers or earned the right to establish our own church, we underwent severe meddling and propaganda from our neighbours, yet we still had our Macedonian identity. We have earned our right on the table of nations as Macedonians, alongside Hellenes, Serbs, Bulgars and Albanians. Respect us, and you will come to appreciate Macedonian manner.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Wanderer
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Welcome Wanderer, the Dorian connection is far from concrete, but I would be happy to discuss this with you should you choose to open a thread specific to that topic.

I thought i'd quote that, hope I don't have to make reference to it in future.

We have other Greeks here, so long as you respect our people and identity, we have no problem, but if you try to push the Greek view that is in every way opposed to the existence of the Macedonian people, it will be a shame.

We have another Spartan here, he has been with our forum virtually since it began, he understands that this is a Macedonian forum and there are emotional posts and factual one's too that expose some theories about our neighbours that they might not find too amusing. I can assure you 100% that no Macedonian goes without being disrespected in a Greek, Bulgar, Serb or Albanian forum. 100%. Here at least, while you may not like reading some of what you see as it is in reference to your people, you will not be attacked as an individual just because you are Greek. So feel free to speak your mind, but show the same respect you yourself deserve. And understand that it is the Greek side that initiated the so-called 'name dispute' and consequently much of the issues between the two states, it is the Greek side that demands from somebody else, while the Macedonian side asks for nothing more than to live as they have lived, as Macedonians, in identity, culture and language. Before the 19th century, there were no 'ethnic' Hellenes, Macedonians, Serbs, etc asserting themselves in the nationalistic sense while under Ottoman rule, we never had the assistance of Great Powers or earned the right to establish our own church, we underwent severe meddling and propaganda from our neighbours, yet we still had our Macedonian identity. We have earned our right on the table of nations as Macedonians, alongside Hellenes, Serbs, Bulgars and Albanians. Respect us, and you will come to appreciate Macedonian manner.
          I fully understand this and I thank you for your advices and notes.

Fellow Macedonians,I think I am a bit messed up ,about some things.
          I have a simple question.
          Do you have territorial claims against Greece?

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

I fully understand this and I thank you for your advices and notes.

Fellow Macedonians,I think I am a bit messed up ,about some things.
            I think thats imposible in this day and age Wanderer. if you get anyone saying yes, i think its just wishful thinking.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

What is the point?
              Make no mistake, a claim on Greek territory is not unreasonable as many Macedonians were forced out of Greece. Some Macedonians have valid land title claims and these should always be pursued. However, not many Macedonians seriously entertain the thought of claiming the entire Macedonian territory of Greece. It should be noted that the Republic of Macedonia has amended its constitution to ensure no territorial claims on Greece. I note Greece has not returned the sentiment in its own constitution.

I think all Macedonians simply want to move freely between the regions of Macedonia and to explore what is left of the unique Macedonian culture in Greece.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Wanderer
                • Nov 2009

And Greeks do have,valid title lands in Minor Asia.What does that means?But if you try and see it from our point of view,you will see that there is an excusable fear.Because,someone with not huge knowlegde in history,he could tell with his mind,that since they want to be named Macedonia,then they could easily claim our Macedonia land.
                But,as you said,since Macedonia has no territorial claims,then all its good.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I dont think ROM is in a shape to have territorial claims as Greece is ten times more powerfull than Macedonia.What we want is recognition & being free to travel as RTG pointed out & respect is what we want.Perhaps recognition of the minorities of Macedonian descent & given their human rights.A sorry would not go astray.You know ROM is not as bad as you think we are a very reasonable people but don't ask us to compromise on our identity,we won't.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

And Greeks do have,valid title lands in Minor Asia.What does that means?But if you try and see it from our point of view,you will see that there is an excusable fear.Because,someone with not huge knowlegde in history,he could tell with his mind,that since they want to be named Macedonia,then they could easily claim our Macedonia land.
                    But,as you said,since Macedonia has no territorial claims,then all its good.
                    Wanderer, the claims for land in Asia Minor MUST be pursued. The Jews are claiming their lost fortunes back from Europe. I see no difference.

Wanderer, do you seriously believe a HUGE knowledge of history would ensure anything in relation to claims on territorial land? I note Greece is still trying to suggest the peripheries of Greece with Macedonian references are Greek based on some obscure and tenuous connections to 2000 year old historical events even though continuity has failed in the region.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Brygian Seed
                      • Dec 2009

Brygian roots of Ancient Macedonians

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Welcome Wanderer. I am positive you will end up getting all caught up in ancient history. Almost every Greek has a fundamental racist nature when it comes to Greece's neighbouring countries (and further). Perhaps you will be one of the refreshing exceptions we come across sometimes.

Feel free to explain the Dorian connection you speak of above in the history section.
                      Hi Wanderer,

As far as I can discern, the Ancient Macedonians were largely made up of Brygian tribes, who later became know as Phyrigians when they relocated to Asia Minor. Many ancient historians mention this including Herodotus.

Comment

• Turkish_revenge_team
                        • Jan 2010

i'm not Greek. i'm Turkish, but i'm new here, so i just wanted to say hello from Turkey...

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

welcome to mto

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

TRT, welcome to the MTO, hopefully you will engage in some dialogue with us here and present an objective Turkish view on common historical matters. We have a few other Turkish members here also, but they haven't posted regularly as of late.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Anarchist
                              • Feb 2010

Hello , im a new Greek member , im originally born in thessaloniki. I've been reading your forums and love reading through the topics. I reside in australia now and study in university , out of interest i do enjoy history but don't enjoy politics.

I have many friends who are Macedonian who come from skopje , bitola & orhid. I still have family who live in bitola, who are Greeks but now live as Macedonian citizens and have never left because of the land they own.

I know many forums on the internet which are highly biased and one sided opinions on issues and this is the first forum i've seen with an open view towards discussion. I've been tracking my family tree down and have discovered that my grandfather still speaks Macedonian and also my Great grandparents.

Makes me wonder alot sometimes since my whole family tree has resided in the Aegean part of Macedonia.

Anyways im here just to learn and read , and take in culture as i love learning. A saying my grandfather has told me that i always remember everyday " A man must learn something new each day , if he doesn't hes better off to lie on the floor and die".

Thanks hope to hear from you guys .

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Welcome to our forum Anarchist. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X