X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
    So how do you define this exactly? Through your forefathers right? So how many generations of offsprings does that take?

Actually you are in a nationalistic trap and I'm just exposing this. Please keep doing that, because you are making it very easy.
    Spitfire
    The only thing you are exposing is your lack of understanding and a repetitive question which exposes your demeanour to "lack of sanity", given you keep expecting a different answer to the same question, which has already been answered and you still don't get it!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Spitfire

You don't have an answer because these things are partly decided upon that. Of course from a nationalistic point of view, speciality is what is important. Therefore by substracting this and that we end up with a delusional purity. Along with the importance of feeling important and unique and so on.
      And so you end up in a very common nationalistic trap very easily explained.
      Thank you very, very much for this, it truly captures the essence of Greek thinking on the subject, it also exposes the very methodology...or lack of it.....to explain how you came to be Greek, this is obviously passed down from generation to generation, because the masses are all now dillusional and in denial!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Spitfire

According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.
        So that's half a generation away, which of course does not exclude other types of acquiring nationality.
        Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....that's it, one of your parents is Greek! No wonder you people are a confused bunch! And therein lies the difference between real Macedonians and pretenders, the pretenders are wannabe Macedonians, so when they make outrageous claims about which type of Macedonian they are, it's hysterical....they are't any type of Macedonian!!!.......fu$#in delusional refugees!

Comment

• Nikolaj
          • Aug 2014

According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.

Not according to the first constitution of Greece, it had nothing to do with ethnicity only religious belief.

Comment

• Redsun
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
            Do you happen to know that the people in aegean macedonia are macedonian greeks? That's how they define themselves.

If you want to exclude or segregate their macedonian identity from their greek identity, then it is rude and misleading.
            She was raised in macedonian culture, that of her very own land.
            Would you take that away from her?

Care to ask me again? I'm not fond of going back pages.

Spitfire - If you want to exclude or segregate their macedonian identity from their greek identity, then it is rude and misleading.

No I do not want to exclude or segregate any single identity on the face of this planet, what you have suggested Spitfire is madness.

Spitfire - She was raised in macedonian culture, that of her very own land. Would you take that away from her?

What on earth? No, I would never want to remove someone from the land that they live on.

Can you explain to me why you asked these questions, what were you thinking?

You are the only one that has mentioned "segregation" and "excluding people" based on their identity. You are suggestive.

Only you think she is Macedonian, she doesn't.

This is what she said.

"this is a debate that has fortunately stopped in the EU, since this name has not been recognized"

"however, as a member of NATO’s Committee for many years, as a Member of Parliament, I emphasize that I am from Macedonia and I think that this has become clear, at least in our nearby countries. The problems that exist in countries outside the alliance, should be resolved outside the alliance, since they are critical. They are not only political and historical, they are also economic. They are obligated to stand alongside their conventional allies and realise that if it was the other way around, they would like to see us next to them. One cannot deny our right to veto, pending resolution of this issue, so when I say that I am from Macedonia, I won’t have to specify from which Macedonia I am from”.

She never states that she is Macedonian,

You said in post# 174 According to the law you have greek nationality if one of your parents is greek.

She says "I am from Macedonia" and "so when I say that I am from Macedonia"

She is a Greek. A Greek that lives in Macedonia.

She also said "this is a debate that has fortunately stopped in the EU, since this name has not been recognized"

It is fortunate that the name has not been recognized. She is pleased, its obviose she supports Greece's stance on the "name issue"

Then she says "so when I say that I am from Macedonia, I won’t have to specify from which Macedonia I am from".

"Which Macedonia I am from"

Comment

• Redsun
              • Jul 2013

When you ask someone "what nationality are you?" They would reply with the name of their country.

Spitfire - Do you happen to know that the people in aegean macedonia are macedonian greeks? That's how they define themselves.

Greeks define themselves differently?

I have never met a Greek that identifies as a Macedonian Greek, an Athenian Greek or even a Spartan Greek. I have never heard a Greek introduce or identify themselves as anything more then a "Greek."

Spitfire when your visiting other countries, what questions do people ask you once have replied "I am an Athenian Greek." You must get some strange looks.
              Last edited by Redsun; 12-08-2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                When you ask someone "what nationality are you?" They would reply with the name of their country.

Spitfire - Do you happen to know that the people in aegean macedonia are macedonian greeks? That's how they define themselves.

Greeks define themselves differently?

I have never met a Greek that identifies as a Macedonian Greek, an Athenian Greek or even a Spartan Greek. I have never heard a Greek introduce or identify themselves as anything more then a "Greek."

Spitfire when your visiting other countries, what questions do people ask you once have replied "I am an Athenian Greek." You must get some strange looks.
                They define themselves as greeks in nationality from macedonia as a greek would define himself of his origin from an area, Thrace Epirus, Crete etc. What's your question?

Comment

• spitfire
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                  Spitfire, I could identify myself as Lebanese, French, whatever it is, and it still wouldn't make me that, the same principle applies to these 'Greek Macedonians'.

It is not what they are though. I personally am an ethnic Macedonian, I don't need to identify myself as one, it is what I am and I cannot change that.
                  What on earth are you talking about? You say the same. What is it that makes you say the same as her?
                  What makes you different than her so she can't claim the same?

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Spitfire

They define themselves as greeks in nationality from macedonia as a greek would define himself of his origin from an area, Thrace Epirus, Crete etc. What's your question?
                    That looks like one of those "floating" definitions that changes with the location you're in, that way wherever you are it's Greek!

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Spitfire

What on earth are you talking about? You say the same. What is it that makes you say the same as her?
                      It's simple, nothing makes us the same, it's impossible, she's not Macedonian!

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Spitfire

What makes you different than her so she can't claim the same?
                        It's simple, she's not Macedonian! By your standards she's Greek....good, keep it that way, stop trying to dilute the Macedonian identity with half castes!

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Spitfire
                          That looks like one of those "floating" definitions that changes with the location you're in, that way wherever you are it's Greek!
                          She can say the same about you. That doesn't mean a thing nor does it answer the fundamental question of what makes a macedonian identity.

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Spitfire
                          It's simple, nothing makes us the same, it's impossible, she's not Macedonian!
                          Again she can say the same thing.

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

Spitfire post# 187 They define themselves as greeks in nationality from macedonia as a greek would define himself of his origin from an area, Thrace Epirus, Crete etc. What's your question?

From what you have stated this would mean she is a Greek that lives in Aegean Macedonia.

Spitfire post# 188 - What makes you different than her so she can't claim the same?

Claim what..? Be more specific.
                            Last edited by Redsun; 12-08-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                              Spitfire post# 187 They define themselves as greeks in nationality from macedonia as a greek would define himself of his origin from an area, Thrace Epirus, Crete etc. What's your question?

From what you have stated this would mean she is a Greek that lives in Aegean Macedonia.

Spitfire post# 188 - What makes you different than her so she can't claim the same?

Claim what..? Be more specific.
                              She doesn't only live in macedonia (greek part) she also is an agent of the culture of that area, therefore she is macedonian.
                              So she can claim the same as much as you can claim to be macedonian.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                                • Aug 2014

Spitfire can I ask you, what makes an Italian identity?

Comment

Working...
                                X