Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Not really sure what to make of that article. Have they discovered something new which led them to believe that it is Alexander's tomb?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Here is a list of sources which relate to this topic that I found on some website a while ago:
      "It was Ptolemy Philadelphus who [c. 280 BC] brought down from Memphis [to Alexandria] the corpse of Alexander." Pausanias, 2nd century AD

"Ptolemy Philopator built [in 215 BC] in the middle of the city of Alexandria a memorial building, which is now called the Sema, and he laid there all his forefathers together with his mother, and also Alexander the Macedonian."
      Zenobius, 2nd century AD

"About this time [30 BC] Octavian had the sarcophagus and body of Alexander the Great brought forth from its inner sanctum, and, after gazing on it, showed his respect by placing upon it a golden crown and strewing it with flowers; and being then asked whether he wished to see the tomb of the Ptolemies as well, he replied, 'My wish was to see a king, not corpses.'"
      Suetonius, 2nd century AD

"Octavian next viewed the body of Alexander, and even touched it in such a fashion that, so it is said, a piece of the nose was broken off. Yet he went not to see the corpses of the Ptolemies, despite the keen desire of the Alexandrians to show them to him, retorting, 'I wished to see a king not dead people.'"
      Dio Cassius, 3rd century AD

"[In Alexandria] Ptolemy prepared a sacred precinct worthy of the glory of Alexander in size and construction; entombing him in this and honouring him with sacrifices such as are paid to demigods and with magnificent games."
      Diodorus, eyewitness c. 50 BC

"The Soma also, as it is called, is a part of the royal district. This was the walled enclosure, which contained the burial-places of the kings and that of Alexander."
      Strabo, eyewitness c. 25 BC

"Caligula frequently [c. AD 40] wore the dress of a triumphing general, even before his campaign, and sometimes the breast-plate of Alexander the Great, which he had taken from his sarcophagus."
      Suetonius, 2nd century AD

[AD 200]: "Severus inquired into everything, including things that were very carefully hidden; for he was the kind of person to leave nothing, either human or divine, uninvestigated. Accordingly, he took away from practically all the sanctuaries all the books that he could find containing any secret lore, and he sealed up the tomb of Alexander; this was in order that no one in future should either view his body or read what was mentioned in the aforesaid books."
      Dio Cassius, 3rd century AD

"As soon as Caracalla entered the city [in AD 215] with his whole army he went up to the temple, where he made a large number of sacrifices and laid quantities of incense on the altars. Then he went to the tomb of Alexander where he took off and laid upon the grave the purple cloak he was wearing and the rings of precious stones and his belts and anything else of value he was carrying."
      Herodian, 3rd century AD

"After he had inspected the body of Alexander of Macedon, Caracalla ordered that he himself should be called 'Great' and 'Alexander', for he was led on by the lies of his flatterers to the point where, adopting the ferocious brow and neck tilted towards the left shoulder that he had noted in Alexander's countenance, he persuaded himself that his features were truly very similar."
      Anonymous, 4th century AD

"After a voyage lasting three days we arrived at Alexandria. I entered by the Sun Gate, as it is called, and was instantly struck by the splendid beauty of the city, which filled my eyes with delight. From the Sun Gate to the Moon Gate – these are the guardian divinities of the entrances – led a straight double row of columns, about the middle of which lies the open part of the town, and in it so many streets that walking in them you would fancy yourself abroad while still at home. Going a few stades further [1 stade = 165m], I came to the place called after Alexander, where I saw a second town; the splendour of this was cut into squares, for there was a row of columns intersected by another as long at right angles."
      Achilles Tatius, circa 3rd century AD

"Who could be the friend of such as these? When they behave like this for money's sake, would they keep their hands off temple offerings or tombs? If they were travelling with some companion who had a gold piece, would they not kill him and rob him of it, if they had the chance. And this evil, King, is universal, whether you mention Paltus or Alexandria where the corpse of Alexander is displayed, whether Balaneae or our own city of Antioch. They may differ in size, but the same ailment afflicts them all."
      Libanius, c. AD 390

"For, tell me, where is the tomb of Alexander? Show it me and tell me the day on which he died... his tomb even his own people know not."
      John Chrysostom, c. AD 400
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

The ancient sources (Curtius 10.5.4, Diodorus 18.3.5, Justin 12.15.7) say that it was Alexander who ordered the transfer of his body to Ammon in Egypt. The Metz Epitome 111 states that Alexander asked Ptolemy to carry his body to Egypt. Lucian in his Dialogues of the Dead 13 says that Alexander extracted a promise from Ptolemy that he would take his body to Egypt. The sources say that Perdiccas decided to send the body to Macedon instead (probably because Olympias demanded it), but he was thwarted by Ptolemy. The sources say that Ptolemy was especially loyal to Alexander, because Alexander was his half-brother and Alexander had saved his life in India. The message of the sources is therefore that Ptolemy took Alexander's body to Egypt to keep his promise to his dead king and brother. To my knowledge there is nothing in any ancient source to contradict any of this and nothing that says that Ptolemy did it to bolster his rule in Egypt.

From Andrew Chugg author of where is alexander's tomb:The exact situation is that I think there is a significant possibility (but not a probability) that the putative skeleton of St Mark in Venice is Alexander. It would be easy to check by looking for signs of Alexander's famous wounds on the bones, but the Church is not currently minded to allow such checking. I fear that it is very unlikely (though not completely impossible) that the corpse is in Macedonia. It is easy to check - Alexander's corpse should have healed bone damage in the chest area (Mallian arrow) and on one lower leg bone (arrow near Maracanda).
        Last edited by George S.; 01-12-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• BigMak
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

WHAT is THIS? the Lost Tomb of Alexander the Great

On July 19, 1994, entered as legal documentation in Cocoa Beach, Florida was a signed affidavit attesting the claim that Burrows Cave, in Southern IL, was indeed actually the Lost Tomb of Alexander the Great.

ANy further info on these guys, who are they and what do they do? My questions are , if this cave is fraudulent (more than Likely), these so called archaeologists have obtained many ancient Macedonian "looted" artifacts, and if indeed these artifacts where obtained in a illegal manner, where and how did they become in the possession of these criminals.

Does the Macedonian Government research such claims and if so do they ever request a return of such antiquities.

Here i have found a website that cliams the above bs

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

full of bs website they got everything bar the tomb.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
              Banned
              • Oct 2011

Yeah right! Didn't you know Alexander conquered the Indians - ahhh...the drop-kicks on the sight forgot that means the 'Indian' Indians and not the 'How Pale-Face' Indians, 'only in America'. LOL.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Hi George,

Thanks for sending the link to that article, which I had not seen. I had seen the earlier articles in Engramma 67 to which it refers. The recent research on the block which they mention was prompted by my suggestion that the block might be connected with the transfer of the corpse of St Mark (possibly actually Alexander) to Venice in AD828. I made that suggestion in my book, The Lost Tomb of Alexander the Great in 2004. The only evidence they have for it being a Roman monument is the stone testing. This showed that the block is Late Cretaceous limestone with rudist fossils, so they said it came from the Roman quarry at Aurisina near Trieste. There is indeed a stratum of such rock in the Aurisina quarry near Trieste, but the same rock type was laid down all around the Mediterranean in an ancient ocean, so very similar strata occur at Abu Roash next to the Nile near the Delta. The idea that a Roman general would have exactly copied a Macedonian monument (because its style is Macedonian rather than Roman) is very dubious indeed. The spear is too long for a Roman weapon - it appears to be a Macedonian cavalry sarissa!

Best regards,

AndrewChugg
                he Lost Tomb of Alexander the Great
                Last edited by George S.; 01-31-2012, 08:16 PM. Reason: ed
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                  • Jan 2009

ШОКАНТНО откритие на Симеон Смугаревич: Го пронајдов гробот на Александар Македонски
                  Обајвено на February 28, 2013

Симеон Смугаревич е врвен македонски археолог кој неколку децении се обидува да го пронајде гробот на Александар Македонски. Смугаревич за Онион.мк изјави дека речиси успеал во намерата да го достигне она што се трудел изминативе децении, пронаоѓање на гробот на Александар Македонски.

- По долгото работење како археолог, конечно ми се исполни желбата, но и животната мисија. Со информациите кои ги поседувам во моментов, многу лесно може да се кои сме, што сме и од каде доаѓаме. Дали сме дојдени од позади карпатите или не. Тоа ќе го оставам да го истражат институциите.

Фактите се на наша страна, останува да видиме како ќе го прифати ова нашиот јужен сосед...

What's all this about....?? anyone got further news on this....
                  The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Croats discovered the tomb of Alexander the Great in Sveti Nikole (Makedonija)
                    And claims Alexander was Macedonian not greek

ЕКСКЛУЗИВНО: Хрватите го открија гробот на Александар Македонски во Свети Николе!

Немаше да биде за изненадување ако Паско Кузман или Ниче Македон соопштија каде се наоѓа гробот на Александар Македонски, но ова може да биде вистинско изненадување и возбудување за сите оние што трагаат по неговиот гроб и во кои тече македонска-античка крв.

Google translator :-
                    Exclusive: Croats discovered the tomb of Alexander the Great in Sveti Nikole !

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Would not be surprising if Pasko Kuzman or Nietzsche said Macedon where the tomb of Alexander the Great , but this can be a real surprise and excitement for all those searching for his grave and that flow - ancient Macedonian blood .

Aleksandar Mak

Tomb of Alexander the Great located in Bilazora ( Vilazora ) , an archaeological site near the Sveti Nikole - This is the claim of Domagoj Nikolic , an independent researcher , who presents the show "Na rubu znanosti", which airs on the third program of the Croatian televija .

Archaeological locals Bilazora :

bila-zora

You passing on the show, which theme is titled " The Search for Alexander the Great "

But with little warning to all those who are direct descendants of Alexander the Great that may disappoint or raise pressure since the beginning of the show journalist Kresimir Mishak , Alexander describes as megalomaniac , an alcoholic and a homosexual . But not to worry if you can not identify as descendants of a man with such features as through emission excitement follows : Ancient Macedonians are something quite different from the Greeks when Alexander spoke to the Greeks , there was a translator !

The location of the grave of Alexander speak of 20 to 27 minutes of video.

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Alexander was not a Greek but Macedonian of Slavic blood

http://www.hrt.hr/index.php?id=enz&tx_ttnews[cat]=605&cHash=b18081143c

Look what the MALAKA'S have done...I guess there is no freedom of speech not even outside of greece

Атина го протера хрватскиот амбасадор заради словенските тези за Александар Македонски
                      Athens expelled the ambassador for Croatian Slavic thesis on Alexander

The world's leading news agencies liferuvaa Breaking News expulsion of Croatian ambassador in Athens . It remains unclear whether this is an effect laksativnoto City on the ambassador or diplomatic expulsion from the country .

Unofficially learned that the Macedonian political leadership assumed that the reason for expulsion is presented findings Croatian researcher Antiquity , Domagoj Nikolic , in which Alexander the Great 's Macedonian of Slavic blood .

Color Chronicle will closely follow the development of events surrounding the expulsion , and then you refer to the following sources for information about the case :

Alexander was not a Greek but Macedonian of Slavic blood

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

they don't want the real truth do they? that will upset their applecart.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

Дали ултразвукот е доказ дека гробот на Александар е во светиниколскo?!
                          Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Ultra sound testing confirm that there is something there

Domagoj Nikolic independent Croatian archaeologist ,
                          claimed that Alexander the Great was born and buried near Sveti Nikole , specifically in the area Vilazora which is exactly the archaeological site of that period ( Bylazora Pella )
                          Информација без цензура!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Ultra sound testing confirm that there is something there
                            If there is something there they should dig it up. However, as there are no records of Alexander's body being taken back to Macedonia after its supposed resting in Egypt, there are obvious doubts about such an excavation.

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

Anyone know more about this? It seems to be a misleading title. No actual evidence/remains have been unearthed as of yet, and none is shared in the article.

Egypt breakthrough: 'Precise location' of Alexander the Great’s tomb revealed by expert

URL:
                              EGYPT experts have long searched for the final resting place of Alexander the Great, but a leading archaeologist says he may be one step close to unravelling the mystery.

Mr Naunton even went on to give a “precise location” to where he thought the original burial was.

“His body was then eventually, after two years taken out of the city, marched off to Egypt and makes it to Memphis which is a fortified settlement.

We think, probably, Alexander was buried in Memphis, to begin with, and the precise location could have been in Saqqara, according to circumstantial evidence.

Then, there is also this.

URL:
                              ARCHAEOLOGISTS and historians have long wondered where the final burial place of Ancient Greek king Alexander the Great lies - but when one researcher claimed to have found his tomb, a diplomatic row erupted.

Archaeologist Liana Souvaltzi claims she discovered the real tomb of Alexander 20 years ago in Egypt, but has been blocked by the Greek and Egyptian governments ever since. She specialises in the history of Alexander the Great, and supported the hypothesis that his wish for his body to be buried in the well-known temple of the supreme Egyptian god Amun Ra, in the Oasis of Siwa, had been honoured. The location was of huge significance in the ancient world, and is where Alexander was 'confirmed' as the son of Zeus – the legendary god of Greek mythology.
                              Last edited by Carlin; 04-19-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                                • Apr 2014

I swear there was some article about his tomb being in Egypt a few years back
                                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                                X