X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cultea
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

...which reminded me this old funny story (by a Russian academic). Enjoy!

Last edited by cultea; 09-29-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Delodephius View Post
      You speak as if there is no such thing as examination, research, scientific method, historical theory, etc. etc. As if people just choose which side to believe indiscriminately and then follow the opinion of that side blindly. The way you jump for joy when Russians agree with what you believe because it reassures you that you have chosen the right side since you don't know shit about the subject in the first place. It just fits your agenda. We don't do that. Russians don't agree with you. Just a small bunch that is not taken seriously by most of Russian scholars. They too have problems with popularity and fame seeking dogs that will say and claim anything just to get the people on their side. And ordinary everyday people believe their every word since they are easily persuaded with high index vocabulary or fancy speech, and attractive "evidence".
      Exactly! Dimko I am very puzzled you would just take someones word for something and run with it. You believe aliens had an impact on human history and culture because the history channel says so. At what point is reason left on the door mat? Since you enjoy Russian academia here's something that I think is right up your alley:

Didn't the history of humankind strike you as illogical? - YouTube
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
        • Sep 2008

hahaha...
        batka TM...i dont belive in aliens because teh history channel says so...i believe it because I have exactly the same point of views. the different is ONLY that my pov´s are at minimum 15-20 years older.

trust my words batka, the humankind was made as slaves race.

@TM, do u belive perhaps in evolution ? hahaha
        1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
        2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
          hahaha...
          batka TM...i dont belive in aliens because teh history channel says so...i believe it because I have exactly the same point of views. the different is ONLY that my pov´s are at minimum 15-20 years older.

trust my words batka, the humankind was made as slaves race.

@TM, do u belive perhaps in evolution ? hahaha
          Yes I do. So do millions of scientists. But what does that have to do with the Rossetta Stone? What does that have to do with Macedonian scholarship not being able to avoid being the star of a tragic comedy? At what point do we abandon reason Dimko? Why hasn't Victor Friedman or any other linguist stepped forward to back these claims? Or is it always a conspiracy against Macedonia?

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
            Yes I do. So do millions of scientists. But what does that have to do with the Rossetta Stone? What does that have to do with Macedonian scholarship not being able to avoid being the star of a tragic comedy? At what point do we abandon reason Dimko? Why hasn't Victor Friedman or any other linguist stepped forward to back these claims? Or is it always a conspiracy against Macedonia?
            you are right, this has nothing to do with the rosetta stone, so back to the topic.

please note: till this "western" system is in reign, the macedonian truth wont be accepted
            EVEN if we discover the tomb of acko in RoM with 100% evidence that we the macedonians are the descendants and with all the trimmings...the western world wouldnt accept it...so, u can still adore the western academics and I belive my academics from my bloodline.

se chitame....
            2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Delodephius
              • Sep 2008

Actually if you found the tomb of Alexander in Macedonia and was sure it's 100% his then most scientists, Western or otherwise, would accept it.
              अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
              उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
              This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
              But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Actually if you found the tomb of Alexander in Macedonia and was sure it's 100% his then most scientists, Western or otherwise, would accept it.
                Exactly right Delodephius.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                  • Sep 2008

u havent understand me correctly...
                  yes, the western academics would accept the tomb, but they would also immediately start to grecize the found and the facts...that was what I have meant = macedonian truth is not reconcilable with the western pro greek world...stop, full stop, finish!

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                    Exactly right Delodephius.
                    ahh is it really ?

and why the western world fyroms us furthermore despite the DNA fact is on the macedonian side ???
                    where are here your western academis to back their own analyses

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

Well from my experience, what mostly is called the "Macedonian truth" is pure bullshit.

The things that really are Macedonian are accepted as such by the majority of the world scholars. The thing is that people make a difference between Macedonians before and after Slavic invasion, and justly so, because even though genes remained the same, identity changed, from a Mediterranean-oriented one to an East European-oriented one. So what might seem Greek is actually Macedonian, but THAT Macedonian doesn't mean like Modern Macedonian, or Modern Greek for that matter. I would say that if a Macedonian from 300 BC met a Macedonian from 700 AD or from 1700 AD would feel the other is just as alien as someone from a different part of the World, and would see no connection to that person whatsoever. I don't deny the continuity, far from it, but I see there is also discontinuity that runs parallel to it.
                      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

I would say that if a Macedonian from 300 BC met a Macedonian from 700 AD or from 1700 AD would feel the other is just as alien as someone from a different part of the World, and would see no connection to that person whatsoever. I don't deny the continuity, far from it, but I see there is also discontinuity that runs parallel to it.
                        So what??? This is valid for all the ethnic groups in the world except few isolated people like Aborigines, Amazon rain forest tribes. You don't even need to go 2400 years earlier for that. For example, today`s German and/or British cant even properly speak with the people 1000-1100 years ago in same place.

If i be honest, unless some kind of definitive proof gets excavated from ground in the future, you all speak and reach 100th page in this thread but you cant reach any proper conclusion because everything about 300-500-800BC are shallow and nothing you can say can clear the clouds above the truth with the information we know today. Again, this is valid for any ancient culture, not only Macedonians. All we know about them are generally bits and pieces of some truths mixed with myths

Also, any shallow information will always be wide open for twisting and interpreting it according to the people`s wish.
                        Last edited by Onur; 09-29-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Well from my experience, what mostly is called the "Macedonian truth" is pure bullshit.
                          Perhaps some of the crack-pot theories, but for the rest, I don't think so. You might want to be a little more specific lest you start sounding like bullshit yourself.
                          The things that really are Macedonian are accepted as such by the majority of the world scholars.
                          Now that is bullshit, particularly where it concerns western scholarship at the moment.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Do you want to elaborate on that?

The thing is that people make a difference between Macedonians before and after Slavic invasion, and justly so, because even though genes remained the same, identity changed, from a Mediterranean-oriented one to an East European-oriented one.
                            What slavic invasion?
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

The things that really are Macedonian are accepted as such by the majority of the world scholars. The thing is that people make a difference between Macedonians before and after Slavic invasion, and justly so, because even though genes remained the same, identity changed, from a Mediterranean-oriented one to an East European-oriented one. So what might seem Greek is actually Macedonian, but THAT Macedonian doesn't mean like Modern Macedonian, or Modern Greek for that matter. I would say that if a Macedonian from 300 BC met a Macedonian from 700 AD or from 1700 AD would feel the other is just as alien as someone from a different part of the World, and would see no connection to that person whatsoever. I don't deny the continuity, far from it, but I see there is also discontinuity that runs parallel to it.
                              Delodephius

This part shows great lateral thinking and above average intelligence and is accurate in it's implications - which I commend you for:-

[QUOTEI don't deny the continuity, far from it, but I see there is also discontinuity that runs parallel to it.[/][/QUOTE]

However, the following part shows exactly the opposite, it is dismissive, vague and unwarranted:-

Surely you can see that the Macedonian Truth exists in a different form to that of just your "experience".
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                                What slavic invasion?
                                An invasion of Slavic-speaking warriors did take place during the 6th century AD. That is well documented and cannot be refuted. But that is not the same as a wholesale migration, which is how western scholarship wish to present these events. The main difference is this:

In the first case (which is actually what happened), these warriors invaded the length of the Balkans and all the way down to the Peloponnese, and established their own rebel enclaves which came to be known as 'Sclavinia'. One of the primary reasons why the language of these warriors was more readily accepted by most Balkan peoples is because it shared pre-existing commonalities with the Paleo-Balkan languages (like Macedonian, Thracian, Illyrian, etc) due to a common ancestor tongue from earlier times. If you have an interest in this topic I suggest you read the following discussions:

The purpose of this thread will be to explore the possibility of a common linguistic branch that split from Proto Indo-European around the time of the satem sound change, which came after the commencement of the centum sound change. This branch would include the (Paleo-)Balkan and Balto-Slavic language families, and for the

In the second case, it has been suggested that the Balkans were basically desolate and that these warriors simply entered largely uninhabited lands, thus the Slavic-speaking peoples of today are completely alien to the region. It is a flawed concept for several reasons and has no historical validity to anybody other than those who deny the true history of the Balkan peoples.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X