X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    Samo edno kavalche ti fali to complete the sound. I think the kaval is always a good accompaniment to the mandolin/tambura. Both have relaxing and soothing sounds. That would make an interesting mix - Asian sounds with a hint of Macedonian in the background.
    I totally agree.

I have been loving this band "Broken Bells" for a while now. I heard this song again and was reminded how lovely a wind instrument can be in the mix:

Official lyric video for "Leave It Alone" by Broken BellsListen to Broken Bells: https://brokenbells.lnk.to/listenYDWatch more Broken Bells videos: https://b...

AMAZING duo. Enjoy
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Well, I don't think anyone has been able to distil the essence of classic 70's rock ... until now!

I would like to thank myself for this great 70's classic rock (tribute) song

A tribute to classic 70's rock. Always in my heart. Hate to mention favourites but if you can hear any influences, feel free to comment.

As always, everything was done in early Stevie Wonder fashion (all instruments by yours truly) .... except white and with less soul.

I wanted a song that would resonate with the likes of Phoenix, but Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra covers are so passé. I thought I might make him feel younger and pretend the 70's were relevant to him.

Rock on.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Arguably my best singing ever (no singing at all):

Just having fun with my Strat. No overdubs. This was the first thing I played. I thought I would chop it up and sing something later on. I just kept it and enjoyed the "serenity". Hope you enjoy.

Just having fun with a straight jam. No overdubs. This was the first thing I played. I thought I would chop it up and sing something later on. I just kept it and enjoyed the "serenity"
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Greta van fleet
          Highway Tune (Official Video)Song available here: https://republic.lnk.to/GretaVanFleetHighwayTuneYD Connect with Greta Van Fleet:https://www.facebook.com/gr...

I don't care they sound so much like Led Zeppelin. The world is ready for that again! What a voice!!!
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Greta van fleet
            Highway Tune (Official Video)Song available here: https://republic.lnk.to/GretaVanFleetHighwayTuneYD Connect with Greta Van Fleet:https://www.facebook.com/gr...

I don't care they sound so much like Led Zeppelin. The world is ready for that again! What a voice!!!
            Can't get that tune outta my head...perhaps there's hope out there after all ...those kids represent something really anachronistic, bobbing around in a molten sea of musical shit that their contemporaries wallow in...

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

That voice!!!
              Even Robert Plant agrees it sounds like him.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Greta van fleet

Good to hear that there is still a segment of the younger generation who enjoy mimicking the classical sounds of old

Ended up going through their debut album, I must admit I still think Wolfmother’s debut probably offers more in terms of nostalgia for fans of that era, nevertheless it was still a pleasant listening experience
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Robert Plant talking about them:
                  Robert Plant talks about Greta Van FleetGreta Van Fleet Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2_tsfS1lWaNg26UUuWrxA

It is very little more than mimicry. (Anyone remember Kingdom Come?) But they will mature.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

Robert Plant talking about them:
                    Robert Plant talks about Greta Van FleetGreta Van Fleet Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2_tsfS1lWaNg26UUuWrxA

It is very little more than mimicry. (Anyone remember Kingdom Come?) But they will mature.
                    Well I hope that is their aim, if they can evolve those foundations into something new and unique, incorporating it into a sound of their own, it would be great to hear. Definitely interestsed to see how they progress
                    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Arguably my best singing ever (no singing at all):

Just having fun with my Strat. No overdubs. This was the first thing I played. I thought I would chop it up and sing something later on. I just kept it and enjoyed the "serenity". Hope you enjoy.

Just having fun with a straight jam. No overdubs. This was the first thing I played. I thought I would chop it up and sing something later on. I just kept it and enjoyed the "serenity"
                      I quite enjoyed this new installment

If those leads were improvised on the spot in one take, then you’ve got some nice soul oozing out of those fingertips, well done

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Thanks. My son was playing Call of Duty right next to me. I was plugged into my Kemper recording and amusing myself .... wife came in asked me if I was hungry, I nodded .... I just kept playing all the way through. The silly synth part was where I played something terrible and deleted it, but the rest was all part of the same take. It is my therapy and usually stops me from being an angry old man. ;-)
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                          ...If those leads were improvised on the spot in one take, then you’ve got some nice soul oozing out of those fingertips, well done
                          It will be oozing out of another place if you continue stroking this blokes ego...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            It will be oozing out of another place if you continue stroking this blokes ego...
                            Playing the guitar stops me from stroking anywhere else.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Totally pumped to see Albert Lee tomorrow night. Very few guitarists in the world can keep up with him. He is a legend of the Nashville country style playing. Here is a terrible quality video of him with Vince Gill and Danny Gatton. Watch him play a solo, then he sees what the other guitar legends do, then lifts his game to another world to assert himself. (The other guitarists weren't shamed in any way either)

The funny thing is he is no good 'ole USA country boy. Just another Brit showing them how it's done.

Danny Gatton (RIP) and Vince Gill .... legends also! Worthy of their own write-up ....

For Your pleasure - the three fastest guitars in the west with a Tour de Force.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Greta Van Fleet - When The Curtain Falls
                                When the Curtain Falls (Official Video)Song available here: https://gretavanfleet.lnk.to/WTCFYDConnect with Greta Van Fleet:http://gretavanfleet.comhttps://w...

Just makes me smile.

The comment "I love seeing Frodo so successful after destroying the ring..." cracked me up.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X