DPMNE sells out Ohrid, 32 meter tall minaret to be Built!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Albo View Post
    There isn't a state thay feels that borders were drawn up against them in someway or another during confrences of the great powers...
    Aside from those in Albania and Kosovo, how many other leading politicians threaten a "greater" whatever in the Balkans these days?
    The larger Russia's involvement in the region, the larger the reciprocity from the US-EU will be to push for their own strategic geoplitical goals and influences.
    And what are the goals of the US and the EU in the region?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Albo
      • May 2014

Aside from those in Albania and Kosovo, how many other leading politicians threaten a "greater" whatever in the Balkans these days?
      Those comments were made in the context of the EU no longer being an option.. That Kosovo and Albania would form some form of union in the name of security against not so friendly neighbor Serbia.

Serbia has long influenced politicians that they control in Kosovo, Montenegro and Bosnia to reject authority from Prishtina, Podgorica and Sarajevo, this way they keep the region destabilized and always on the brink. They have a clear goal to join Republika Srbska, Northern Mitrovica, as much of Montenegro and northern Macedonia as possible.

They might not say it but they allocate millions every year from their budget to serbian majority regions outside Serbia proper.

Croatian politicians are also pushing for a separate Croatian entity in Bosnia which could one day form an extension of Croatian territory.

As for all other countries in the region they all have appetites for extra influence and territory .. the borders in the Balkans over the centuries have always been affected by larger influential geopolitical movements and I believe they will continue to do so.. if they do at all.

And what are the goals of the US and the EU in the region?
      To expand influence... be it militarily, politically, economically
      As all great powers have done in the past..

Now as pawn states in the Balkans we need to decide what position and influence we choose to accept.. unfortunately true independent sovereignty doesn't exist for the nations of the Balkans.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Albo View Post
        Those comments were made in the context of the EU no longer being an option.. That Kosovo and Albania would form some form of union in the name of security against not so friendly neighbor Serbia.
        I have already addressed this and will do so one last time. You're not going to keep turning this conversation in circles. The main point is that they actually made those statements - they, meaning elected political leaders. The "context" excuse is rubbish because they know that the western Balkan countries aren't getting into the EU anytime soon. So this is a threat towards the EU or the Macedonians and Serbs. The latter seems more likely. The rest of what you wrote about Serbia and Croatia means very little at this stage because none of their PM's or presidents are making "greater" whatever statements. It is only the elected leadership of your lot that seem to sabre-rattle in this way.
        To expand influence... be it militarily, politically, economically As all great powers have done in the past..Now as pawn states in the Balkans we need to decide what position and influence we choose to accept.. unfortunately true independent sovereignty doesn't exist for the nations of the Balkans.
        The Albanians may be pawns for the US but they are using them as an enabler to realise their goals. It is a mutually beneficial relationship. Macedonians lose in that game every time. American dominance in Balkan geopolitics needs to be checked, be it through a more prominent role for Russia or some other powerful state. I would have added a united front of Balkan countries as another option, but who am I kidding.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I would have added a united front of Balkan countries as another option, but who am I kidding.
          United Democratic Balkan Association (UDBA)?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
            • Apr 2014

The notion of a "Greater Albania" existed long before Fascist Italy.
            First I've heard, can you provide information?

I think you missed my other question in relation to the above statement. How do you practice it? What do you do?

Attend events, promote meetings and gatherings, assist in local Macedonian football, participate in radio interviews in Macedonian and go to svadba of course.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
              Attend events, promote meetings and gatherings, assist in local Macedonian football, participate in radio interviews in Macedonian and go to svadba of course.
              Most of those examples refer to community involvement, I was thinking more along the lines of customs. Nevertheless, it's great that you have such a keen interest in Macedonian matters even though you're half Macedonian. Good for you - and I mean that.
              First I've heard, can you provide information?
              Follow the link: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...155#post169155

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                • Apr 2014

Most of those examples refer to community involvement, I was thinking more along the lines of customs. Nevertheless, it's great that you have such a keen interest in Macedonian matters even though you're half Macedonian. Good for you - and I mean that.
                Thank you SoM, appreciate those comments. To be hoenst I am not sure what customs I practice that are actually Macedonian. I speak the language to the best of my ability and celebrate events such as Ilinden but otherwise I'm not even sure what would constiuite customs.

Thank you.
                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

Having recently visited Ohrid, I can confirm that this mosque sticks out hugely and seriously annoyed me whenever I walked past it. Just for good measure they have added lights on it for night time which really attracts your attention. I think it's still getting constructed as there is still a fence around it. It's honestly disgraceful that they have been able to build that minaret so tall in such a central location, especially when you know that it's purely to mark territory.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Stevce
                    • Jan 2016

Hi Momce,

What were the peoples sentiment bout this mosque being built when you were in Ohrid?

Comment

• Stevce
                      • Jan 2016

A very interesting piece about the building of mosques and churches in Macedonia.
                      In the last ten years, Macedonia has seen the construction of hundreds of new churches and mosques - but the race between the two great religions to ‘mark out’ their territories has disturbing consequences.
                      In the last ten years, Macedonia has seen the construction of hundreds of new churches and mosques - but the race between the two great religions to ‘mark out’ their territories has disturbing consequences.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                        Hi Momce,

What were the peoples sentiment bout this mosque being built when you were in Ohrid?
                        From the few I spoke to Stevce they were definitely against it, they didn’t see the point of it being built especially in such a central location and also without a permit. I read in an article that there is a group who are trying to stop it, I think the issue is that the minority are taking action whereas the majority disagree with its construction but aren’t willing to do much.
                        Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 07-30-2019, 12:40 AM.
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Thanks Momce for the update.

Ohridchani had a chance to protest during the construction period but they didn't. They could have easily knock down the scaffolding or topple the bricks when it was rising from the ground, the site was unsecured and their actions would have been justified (this was an illegal structure built with no permit by workers brought in from a foreign country). But like all Macedonians there they preferred to just watch from cafes.

Comment

Working...
                          X