X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Pavlos Melas - Letters, 1904.

Pavlos Melas was not a Macedonian or from Macedonia, and fought for the Greek cause to usurp Macedonia into the Greek state. During his time in Macedonia he spent several months with local Macedonians that had sided or remained with the Patriarchate against the Exarchate, one of these being Konstantin 'Kote' Hristov.

Despite the artificially constructed 'confusion' of some modern Greeks today, there was no confusion in Pavlos Melas where he clinically refers to the local language of the Macedonian people as Macedonian.
    .........Pirzas translated emotionally, loudly, and with a lot of passion, as Kota spoke Macedonian..............
    If the great 'Greek' hero Pavlos Melas can call the language Macedonian in 1904, what right have some modern Greeks to criminally try and force the Macedonians to change their historic identity in 2009? The Macedonian Truth will never be erased. Melas knew exactly what the language was called, and he went to the effort of familiarizing himself with it, as the below indicates.
    I learned Macedonian words that I say to women and mothers, which pleases them........
    Modern Greeks shouldn't close their eyes to the truth, if a hero of Greece like Pavlos Melas can see and recognize the existence of the Macedonian language, who is some fat Souvlaki seller with roots in Turkey to say otherwise?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

This is an excellent example of how modern "greeks" fall flat on their faces when one of their heroes goes against the grain of propaganda. Great topic. I'm sure Demos and Terrable Nova will not respond because it's the truth.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Venom
      • Sep 2008

Great post SoM. I await the response from TN and Demos to see what sort of propaganda they come up with.
      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Makedonin and Daskalot, for the sake of avoiding confusion for the readers it needs to be highlighted that your posts are in reference to Spiros Melas, and not Pavlos Melas, about whom the thread is about.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Spiros I assume was his son? brother?

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

the discussion about the book of Spirou Mela continues in this thread http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...read.php?t=857
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Probably a good idea, thanks gents

I am not sure if Spiros was Pavlos' son, I have not heard of a connection prior to. Pavlos died in 1904 at the age of 34, whereas Spiros partook in the 1912-13 Balkan Wars.

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Pavlos Melas was not a Macedonian or from Macedonia, and fought for the Greek cause to usurp Macedonia into the Greek state. During his time in Macedonia he spent several months with local Macedonians that had sided or remained with the Patriarchate against the Exarchate, one of these being Konstantin 'Kote' Hristov.

Despite the artificially constructed 'confusion' of some modern Greeks today, there was no confusion in Pavlos Melas where he clinically refers to the local language of the Macedonian people as Macedonian.

If the great 'Greek' hero Pavlos Melas can call the language Macedonian in 1904, what right have some modern Greeks to criminally try and force the Macedonians to change their historic identity in 2009? The Macedonian Truth will never be erased. Melas knew exactly what the language was called, and he went to the effort of familiarizing himself with it, as the below indicates.

Modern Greeks shouldn't close their eyes to the truth, if a hero of Greece like Pavlos Melas can see and recognize the existence of the Macedonian language, who is some fat Souvlaki seller with roots in Turkey to say otherwsie?
                This is an excellent obseravation.

Its hard evidence. The New Greeks are full of all kinds of stupid ideas about who we are, about who they are. If you need any more proof here it is. It doesn't matter what the thieves and liars say today, take a close look at what Greeks and Macedonians thought of themselves, and each other, a hundred years ago. It says it all. The "liberator" of Macedonia, Pavlos Melas, never for a moment believed himself or any other Greek to be a Macedonium. From my point of view its just another small but very significant piece of information, that is rescuing the Macedonians from abstraction by Modern Greek lies.

This is a great post, and a good thread...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

The Melas family was originally from Epirus. Now we know Epirus was inhabited by many Slavs (Macedonians,Serbs,Bulgars) and also by a majority Albanians and Vlachs. Melas family were known to be merchants. So it is possible his family were ethnically Vlach or Slav.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

It is possible.

The fact that he followed a Macedonian cheta around suggests he must have been able to converse in Macedonian, in some capacity.

He would of had many of them fooled too, about his real intentions, but his comments about the Macedonian language, are truly eye opening for me.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I don't think he was of Macedonian origin because he would not need to learn the simple words he did.

Probably an Albanian, Vlach or a bit of both.

Does Melas mean anything in Albanian or Latin?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I know Macedonians called Melov.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spartan
                          • Sep 2008

The two syllable short Greek names usually indicate a Vlach background.
                          Of course, this isnt always the case, but often it is....

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

The word Melas in Albanian and Latin (Melasa) both mean the same thing. Molasses or Treacle. Possible that the Melas family at one time were involved with molasses business ventures seeing as they were merchants. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Spartan
                              • Sep 2008

Actually, hes a Frenchman, lol-

He was born in Marseilles, France in a family with origin from Northern Epirus: the son of Michael Melas who was elected MP for Attica and mayor of Athens. At an early age Pavlos moved to Athens to study, and later joined the Army, graduating from the Hellenic Army Academy as an artillery lieutenant in 1891. In 1892, he married Natalia Dragoumi, the daughter of Kastorian politician Stephanos Dragoumis and sister of Ion Dragoumis. In 1895, the couple had a son named Michael.

Comment

Working...
                              X