X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
    So..you think that Slavs came from Peloponese to Serbia,Macedonia,Poland and so on...interesting

The population didn't extinct of course.
    Those who survived in 600 AD on,continued speaking their language.Greek.

Some of course mixed and got assimilated by the Slavic populations ,in the parts these were more numerous (North)
    The exact opposite happened in the South.Slavs got assimilated by the majority-Greeks.
    See you almost get it,just start to use the wright names,and history will be corected like truth.

Thouse were Macedonians who settled on Pelopones,why, gues why Greeks settled on Halcidiki, And when the Romans comed,they start to run north,and how many Macedonians were in Macedonian empire??
    Well that number must be great,so that is why all Sclaveni are Macedonians!!

Thouse who get assimilated,well you can have them,other way you would be like Negridi!

O,look the Russians,hm,they are all like statue of Aleksander??WHY?

Well i'm saieing this once more,you guys are all so smart and educated,well i'm not,i'm to stupid to understand your way of thinking, also others stupid persones like me!!

Tray to convince me,whith all false history books that you have!!!

See the best thing on this forum it is, that single comment is posted from some book,which others hide it or change the truth.
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
      I agree with Demos.
      I have not made an opinion on this. But if it is Egyptian demotic, then surely it has been translated before and is readily understood. In which case, it perplexes me why these engineers bothered with their research. But if nobody can understand Egyptian demotic, then this assumption should be challenged.

Some idiots even believe Thracian texts using the Phoenician scripts are in fact Greek, so clearly there is always room to challenge assumptions.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        I have not made an opinion on this. But if it is Egyptian demotic, then surely it has been translated before and is readily understood. In which case, it perplexes me why these engineers bothered with their research. But if nobody can understand Egyptian demotic, then this assumption should be challenged.

Some idiots even believe Thracian texts using the Phoenician scripts are in fact Greek, so clearly there is always room to challenge assumptions.
        These so called engineers have a clear political motivation. To "discover" ancient Macedonian when no such discovery can be found since every inscription found in every Macedonian site has been in ancient Greek, thus the need to "decode" the Rosetta Stone. We're still looking for this ancient Macedonian in the same way, we're looking for that all mysterious "expiration date" of the Treaty of Bucharest. Maybe we should start trying to decode the treaty as well. Maybe the expiration date is secretly coded as a hidden message and we need some engineers to decode it.

The overwhelming majority of the World's linguists and historians have ascribed that the text of the 2nd paragraph on the Rosetta Stone is Demotic Egyptian. This is not a question of opinion or debate amongst them, but a fact. This is not Greek propaganda at work either. As I stated before, if you don't believe me feel free to email any University.

Trying to establish a link to the past via distortion or creation of far fetched theories based on nothing, but illogical conjecture looks childish and does nothing, but hurt your cause.

Funny how "Ancient Macedonian" is supposedly found on the Rosetta Stone, but no one in Greece or RoM have ever been able to find anything relating to the ancient Macedonians in any other language other than ancient Greek in our own back yards.

Everything you discover at Heraklea Lyncistis points to what what I believe. Perhaps the Macedonians were ethnically not related to the Greeks and perhaps the farmers didn't speak Greek, but the Macedonian ruling classes were Hellenized by the 5th century BC and all of Macedonia was fully Hellenized by the 3rd century BC.

In the same way that the Etruscans might have been "Romanized" by the Romans.

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

They are engineers?! Figures.

Though I am quite sure the ancestral language of the Ptolemaids was Macedonian, a language that today we would classify as Slavic, I am also of the opinion that Ancient Macedonians did not write in their own native language and I'll say why once more: the educated used Greek for writing, the not educated didn't use any at all.
          अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
          उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
          This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
          But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I am also of the opinion that Ancient Macedonians did not write in their own native language and I'll say why once more: the educated used Greek for writing, the not educated didn't use any at all.
            This I can agree with and am astounded why Greeks cannot accept this.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Demos, Greeks have been given the benefit of the doubt by Western historians for 200 years now. In the last 5 years, more of the modern Greek identity has been deconstructed on the internet than all of the last 100 years. Information is increasingly available and all assumptions need to be challenged. Why is this so hard for you to deal with?

As an example, a few years ago we never had anybody even acknowledge the existence of Macedonians in Greece. Now we have documents confirming this. You appear unable to answer this "remarkable" phenomena, but you have your reasons.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

Since Latin script comes from Greek, i guess you just used Phoenician script...
                Your profound hate against anything Greek, throws a shadow to any argument you may present..

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

TerraNova, are you that naive to equate a dislike for moronic assumptions with a dislike of anything Greek? Perhaps you have noticed a key parallel between the two.....
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    TerraNova, are you that naive to equate a dislike for moronic assumptions with a dislike of anything Greek? Perhaps you have noticed a key parallel between the two.....
                    I didn't comment the "Thracians using Greek alphabet means they are Greek" Hypothesis (which i find baseless and false),

but the use of the term "Phoenician" for the Greek alphabet,used by Thracians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I didn't comment the "Thracians using Greek alphabet means they are Greek" Hypothesis (which i find baseless and false),

but the use of the term "Phoenician" for the Greek alphabet,used by Thracians.
                      Greeks did not exist back then. I find it hard to make such silly statements that people like you base entire arguments on. Show me one shred of evidence with the Thracians (ummm, or anyone) calling the text as "Greek". I will hold my breath until you get back to me.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

Greeks did not exist back then. I find it hard to make such silly statements that people like you base entire arguments on. Show me one shred of evidence with the Thracians (ummm, or anyone) calling the text as "Greek". I will hold my breath until you get back to me.
                        the alphabet used in the few Thracian inscriptions found (as well as words on various Thracian coins and artifacts) is the Greek alphabet.
                        It is not the Phoenician.
                        The language is not Greek.
                        Am i clear enough ?

1.ΕΒΑΡ. ΖΕΣΑΣΝ ΗΝΕΤΕΣΑ ΙΓΕΚ.Α / ΝΒΛΑΒΑΗΕΓΝ / ΝΥΑΣΝΛΕΤΕΔΝΥΕΔΝΕΙΝΔΑΚΑΤΡ.Σ
                        2.ΡΟΛΙΣΤΕΝΕΑΣΝ / ΕΡΕΝΕΑΤΙΛ / ΤΕΑΝΗΣΚΟΑ / ΡΑΖΕΑΔΟΜ / ΕΑΝΤΙΛΕΖΥ / ΠΤΑΜΙΗΕ / ΡΑΖ / ΗΛΤΑ
                        3.ΗΖΙΗ ..... ΔΕΛΕ / ΜΕΖΗΝΑΙ

Comment

• Demos
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

the alphabet used in the few Thracian inscriptions found (as well as words on various Thracian coins and artifacts) is the Greek alphabet.
                          It is not the Phoenician.
                          The language is not Greek.
                          Am i clear enough ?

1.ΕΒΑΡ. ΖΕΣΑΣΝ ΗΝΕΤΕΣΑ ΙΓΕΚ.Α / ΝΒΛΑΒΑΗΕΓΝ / ΝΥΑΣΝΛΕΤΕΔΝΥΕΔΝΕΙΝΔΑΚΑΤΡ.Σ
                          2.ΡΟΛΙΣΤΕΝΕΑΣΝ / ΕΡΕΝΕΑΤΙΛ / ΤΕΑΝΗΣΚΟΑ / ΡΑΖΕΑΔΟΜ / ΕΑΝΤΙΛΕΖΥ / ΠΤΑΜΙΗΕ / ΡΑΖ / ΗΛΤΑ
                          3.ΗΖΙΗ ..... ΔΕΛΕ / ΜΕΖΗΝΑΙ

I agree; the alphabet is Greek, but the words are not Greek and I do not understand their meaning. The words though found on Macedonian sites are both Greek in alphabet and in meaning as we see for example in the Pella Katadesmos inscription which was written by an average Macedonian woman.

Comment

• Delodephius
                            • Sep 2008

By an educated Macedonian woman that used the Attic language to write the text.
                            अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                            उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                            This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                            But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

By an educated Macedonian woman that used the Attic language to write the text.
                              Pella Katadesmos is NOT in attic dialect.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

TerraNova and Demos, isn't there evidence of ancient writers themselves calling these letters Phoinikos (Phoenician)? It is an undisputed fact that most Greek letters are originally Phoenician. What's the problem?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X