Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sovius
    • Apr 2009

Thanks for the feedback guys. I assure you the debt of gratitude is mine.

RS, Let me take a look at my notes. This thread has some excellent information, If you haven't read it yet:

I will start with a post from another thread, to provide a background for this topic and the below events. http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=524 Prior to the events of Thomas the Slav, a battle took place between the empires of East Rome and Bulgaria that engaged the Macedonians in battle. The

Comment

• Redsun
      • Jul 2013

I didn't want to bother you Sovius, I type like an idiot my post # 180 had many random questions that I had been asking myself recently. South-Eastern Europe went through a "dark age" period, its hard to find information on this period.

Thank you for your goodwill, time and consideration. I didn't expect an answer from anyone and so soon, looking back at my post my queries seem unjust and rude.

I'm reading the thread you suggested, I'm enjoying it. Thank you Sovius.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Rs thats why they call them the dark ages that means exactly as you said.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Niko
          • Sep 2015

I am confused..? Who exactly are Illyrians?

Okay so this might be simple to answer but... here goes nothing!

I am confused about who exactly are Illyrians..
          Would ethnic Macedonians fall under the Illyrian group?
          Same with Albanians, Dacians, Bosniaks, Thracians, etc.?

So in general, can anyone here explain too me who the "Illyrians" are, and what ethnic groups have a ties too them today??

I read through the whole Wikipedia page, and still feel confused... Who the "Illyrians" are ethnically today..

Thank you!
          Please explain in simple words too, if possible.
          It could be I am just tired, and there is probably a thread on this already, but I just feel the need to ask for my own self.
          (Being 17, makes it easier when I talk to people then just read )
          ⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽
          Okay, so before getting upset, or thinking I am joking, or telling me to go off and browse through the website for the answer, Just answer what I have to type please! (I understand stuff better when I converse with it instead of just reading!)

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

There are a number of threads under history that have threads i illyrians.We thought that todays descendants were the serbs and not albanians as they came in sixth and seven century ad.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Niko
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              There are a number of threads under history that have threads i illyrians.We thought that todays descendants were the serbs and not albanians as they came in sixth and seven century ad.
              Thank you! I will look through it, just wanted to know what the thought was here,

I get so confused about some stuff like this, everyone has their own "sense" of who is what in the Balkans.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                • Jul 2012

Here is one thread on the Illyrians.

'Serbs\Bosnians\Croats the real Ancestors of the Illyrians'
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• King Niko
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                  Here is one thread on the Illyrians.

'Serbs\Bosnians\Croats the real Ancestors of the Illyrians'
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=7817
                  Thank You!

Comment

• Redsun
                    • Jul 2013

Random question.

This has nothing to do with the thread or the site (sorry), the bars of what is believed to be Orichalcum found in a wreck off Sicily.

Have they released the results of the make up of the alloy yet? The exact make up of the alloy.

Has there been any recent attempt to recreate a Orichalcum sword? What is the Brinell hardness and and the ultimate tensile strength of the material?

I didn't know where else I could ask this question, did not want to create a separate thread for it either as its for my own personal interest and the alloy is now irrelevant.
                    Last edited by Redsun; 01-04-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• King Niko
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                      Random question.

This has nothing to do with the thread or the site (sorry), the bars of what is believed to be Orichalcum found in a wreck off Sicily.

Have they released the results of the make up of the alloy yet? The exact make up of the alloy.

Has there been any recent attempt to recreate a Orichalcum sword? What is the Brinell hardness and and the ultimate tensile strength of the material?

I didn't know where else I could ask this question, did not want to create a separate thread for it either as its for my own personal interest and the alloy is now irrelevant.
                      I mean, create your own thread, its general discussions

I do not mean to sound mean, and I know I am ignorant lol but I have no idea what you just asked.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S.
                        There are a number of threads under history that have threads i illyrians.
                        Most of the other threads relating to the Illyrians have been consolidated into this one.
                        Originally posted by King Niko
                        So in general, can anyone here explain too me who the "Illyrians" are, and what ethnic groups have a ties too them today??
                        They're an ancient people who lived in the western part of the Balkans. All of the nations who live there today have some ties to them, but in varying degrees. Have a read through this thread then come back to us with your own opinion, it may generate some more discussion on the topic.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

Ludovicus Cerva Tubero (Croatian: Ludovik Crijević Tuberon, Italian: Ludovico Cerva Tuberon, his surname is also written Cervarius; 1459–1527), was a Ragusan historian, known for his historiographic work on the Jagiellon period in Hungary.

Tuberon's chief work Writings on the Present Age (Commentaria temporum suorum) was first published in 1603 and was printed a few times.

URL:

Ivan Ostojić (1999). The Terms Croats Have Used for Their Language (PDF). II. Ontario: Folia Croatica-Canadiana. p. 33. "Nomades Illyricis quos Valachos vulgo dicunt, simulque Cossuli, ex eo genere Illyrici hominis qui es Romanos putant."

Last edited by Carlin; 07-19-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

Thomas G. Jackson wrote an interesting book ("Dalmatia, the Quarnero and Istria with Cettigne in Montenegro and the Island of Grado. Clarendon Press. Oxford, 1887") on coastal Dalmatia in the mid nineteenth century - quote:

"The Italian spoken in Dalmatia before that time was not the Venetian dialect; in some parts it had a distinct form of its own, in others it resembled the form into which Latin had passed in the south of Italy or Umbria, and it was only after 1420 that it began to assimilate itself to the Italian of Lombardy and Venetia. At Ragusa it never became Venetian at all, and to this day resembles rather the Tuscan dialect than any other, while the patois of the common people is a curious medley of Italian and Illyric, with traces of rustic Latin, Vlach or Rouman."

Comment

Working...
                            X