X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirGeorge8600
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    I am not suggesting cuz this is an indisputable fact that we have no ethnic relation with Arabs. Our early and medieval history is fully documented. It`s not shallow as so-called modern Greek identity. We don't have any gap in our history unlike yours.
    Greeks say the same thing @_@ it's a never ending debate...

"I remember the opening ceremony of Greek olympics in 2004. There was a ceremony for historical timeline and the ceremony jumped to eastern Roman empire from Alexander (non-Greek either) and from eastern Roman era to Bavarian king Otto`s Greece It was so funny to watch!!!"

Yes but they contributed to Greek culture....

"What you mean with "Greeks look Turkic at most exotic"??

I didn't say that Greeks are Africans. I just said, there was an African mass immigrations to the Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal since antique to at least `till 16th century. This is a fact and some Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, Greeks are the descendants of these African immigrants. And not all Africans look like Nigerians. Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco are in Africa too."

I have nothing against Turks and have even revealed some Turkish genes in my iGenea test. All that aryan stuff is bullcrap with superiorism...there are simply many scholarly sources that insist ancient Greeks were aryan. Today that can only be found in Greeks of Slavic or Vlach descent. Also those northern African countries you mentioned have mostly arabic genes.

"That`s the map of out of Africa theory and it talks about the migrations in 15.000 BC. I am talking about the migrations of last 2500 years and there was no African migration to Anatolia at that time but there was to Greece, Italy, Spain. Arabs also ruled in Spain for ~700 years, kingdom of Andalusia after 8th century AD and Spain was full with Jews and Arabs `till 16th century and catholics forcibly converted many Arabs and Jews to christianity."

I am afraid that map was showing E1b1b in the last 2500 years...and yes modern day Turkey does have markers for E1b1b as the Balkans do.

"That`s only your imagination. Who told you that all Turks are dark skinned? You assume that by looking at Iranic Kurds? And you guys need to make up your minds about who we are. Are we Mongols or dark skinned Arabs, or none of these? Cuz if we are Mongols, we shouldn't have dark skin. You know Mongolians are whiter skinned than you Greeks. They just have slant eyes but they are whiter than you."

By dark I mean Mediterranean. Mongolian skin colors range...there are some who are brown skinned and others who have pale Asian skin which isn't comparable to Mediterranean/European skin colors. I already made up my mind of who you are...Turks with a mixed genepool like every other country. And with no doubt since there are Turkic genes in Greece there are also Mongolian ones too. But let's be honest, Anatolian rarely look Mongolian...I have been there a few times...it's Eastern Turks who bear these features more.

"Turks was never homogenous, not even when we were living in central Asia. There was even Turkic speaking tribes who has been called as blondish(Polovtsy, Cumans) by Russians and Germans in 11-12th century.

I agree to that. No nation is homogenous, not even Icelanders. Probably only Zulus, Aborigines and Brazilian forest people was homogenous. I only believe cultural treats myself, not blood connections."

Yes, same applies to Greece...which is why I don't know why our people fight over genes.

Comment

• Droog
      • Mar 2011

Well, if the ancient Greeks were in any way Africans something of that African heritage should have been preserved don't you think? Yet, there's nothing even remotely related to African populations like the Nubians. With the exception of Sparta all ancient Greek cities exhibited the typical characteristics one would expect to find in the mediterrenean.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Droog View Post
        Well, if the ancient Greeks were in any way Africans something of that African heritage should have been preserved don't you think? Yet, there's nothing even remotely related to African populations like the Nubians. With the exception of Sparta all ancient Greek cities exhibited the typical characteristics one would expect to find in the mediterrenean.
        Not really.

The Africans (First settlers) would have been absorbed by the later arrival of the Caucasians. Then in the 6-7th century the Slav migration absorbed these mixed breed of Ancient hellenes. Then in the 16th century the Albanians did what the slavs had done and now we have a modern Greek.
        And for the rest of them, they are Turks (prosfigi), Macedonian, Vlach.

So what African heritage are you expecting to find?
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Droog take time out to look at some of the dark featured greeks & you will see you will easily mistaken them for libians or afrikans.That's not to say that they are any less people that they just won't admit to anything.At least have some guts to admit some of their roots.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            Droog take time out to look at some of the dark featured greeks & you will see you will easily mistaken them for libians or afrikans.That's not to say that they are any less people that they just won't admit to anything.At least have some guts to admit some of their roots.
            Do you mind showing us these Greeks? They look like Turks to me. Or are you talking about ancient Greeks?

Either way dark featured greeks make a minority in Greece and I say they clearly look like arabs-turks. I can't see a single Greek comparable to an African. But who gives a crap... I myself still don't regard them as a European and barely a Greek. The Italians knew what they were doing when they started labellings their Sicilians as 'mulattoes'....can't blame them.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

What part of ýou is Greek ? These tests, do they include macedonian in them or are they the western "politically correct " in enforcing the non existence of Macedonians as per the partitioning of Macedonia after the balkan wars ? Incidentally I have never met a Greek with fair skin and blue eyes . Have a few Greek friends (who respect my macedonian ethnicity incidentally ) and they have brown eyes , dark hair . They dont have my blue eyes or fair hair
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• European
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

@ Sirgeorge8600

You look like you could come from any place in Europe. I would've guessed Central Europe. I don't think you look like the quintessential Greek though.

I always wanted to get a test done but I don't know if I'm willing to spend that much lol.

Comment

• European
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by julie View Post
                  What part of ýou is Greek ? These tests, do they include macedonian in them or are they the western "politically correct " in enforcing the non existence of Macedonians as per the partitioning of Macedonia after the balkan wars ? Incidentally I have never met a Greek with fair skin and blue eyes . Have a few Greek friends (who respect my macedonian ethnicity incidentally ) and they have brown eyes , dark hair . They dont have my blue eyes or fair hair
                  I found this on the forum. It may be useful.

YouTube - iGenea DNA test confirms that Macedonians are the successors of the Ancient Macedonians! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2g--2S3Ly4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_191050) It's good when it mentions the following: In the last period the official forum of the Swiss institute is full with questions that

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by SirGeorge8600
                    As for my test, it was done by iGenea so those haplogroups are estimated in description by them...I don't see how they can be politically correct or incorrect.
                    Some info up here is not that true.

J2b1 is not Balkanic at all. It`s mainly found in Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia, then southern Italy and in european Jews in lesser degree. As far as i remember, about 30% of men in Turkey has J2b1 dna. Ofc there is no such a research but i bet most of the J2b1 modern Greeks are population exchange immigrants from Turkey.

You said that there is no homogenous nations but you also kept saying like darker Greeks are Tourko-Arabs. But according to your picture above, your stereotype about us doesn't work with me cuz you are a bit more darker than me. So, what now? I am hellenic and you are tourko-arab now?

Comment

• Droog
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by julie View Post
                      These tests, do they include macedonian in them or are they the western "politically correct " in enforcing the non existence of Macedonians as per the partitioning of Macedonia after the balkan wars ?
                      Julie there are no Macedonian or Bulgarian or Serbian etc. haplogroups. Belonging to a haplogroup doesn't make you part of a nation.

Comment

• Droog
                        • Mar 2011

Oh well...incase you're interested here are the results of my gene test from iGenea...damn this cost me $215....
                        You shouldn't have paid at all. iGenea and all these commercial "ancestry detectives" oversimplify everything in order to present a result so distorted in a way that when the customer receives the results he'll say:
                        oh so I'm 10% that and 20% this ...etc.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Thanks for sharing George, i would be interested to see how much a comparative result would differ if done with a sibling.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Ottoman
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2010

No problem, I am an only child, and my family is of mixed origins.
                            Thanks for admitting something many Greeks have been hiding for ages.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

I just think it's repulsive that African racism boils here and in many other nationalist threads throughout Europe
                              Try not to generalise, most people here don't harbour such views. And if there is anything in particular which you think has gone too far, let me know and I will address it. That would be better. We don't want to impede on freedom of speech, but we will be sensible and sensitive to others to a reasonable degree.
                              Athena never existed since she was pure myth...and those black on vases was ink...statues used to be painted with Caucasian colors...blonde hair and such.
                              Not all of the figures painted in black were Africans, but I don't think anybody could seriously deny that there was an African presence in ancient Greece at some point. The question is to what extent.
                              Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              I think your partly African ancestry is evident with your black, extra curly African hair. This feature only exists in Greece. You cannot find Afro haired people in Turkey or anywhere else in Balkans but there are many in Greece.
                              I haven't done any research on it, but from what I have observed, such curly hair is common in Greece, but also in Italy. Furthermore, it is common for some Semitic peoples also.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

And Phillip looking at SOM's Avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X