• Show
Clear All
  • slovenec zrinski
    • Sep 2008

YouTube - Vaska Ilieva- Koga Padna Jane

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I haven't heard that since my childhood days, what a heart-felt and brilliant song!!!

Spolaiti Zrinski, definetly gets the emotions about Macedonia stirring.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
        • Sep 2008

Its a very beautiful song and text.

Two version of a "new" favourite of mine...

YouTube - Aleksandar Sarievski I Vaska Ilieva- Snošti Si Mila Mamo Otidov

YouTube - Gančo Nikolov I Venera Maerkova- Snošti Minah V Gorno Maale

I think both record are from the early 60s..Maerkova/Nikolov from Pirin and the other one of course from the Republic...

Comment

• Makedonetz
          • Apr 2010

With the weather being crappy outside today im listening to all these songs you guys posted and my day is getting better!

Thankyou
          Makedoncite se borat
          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
            • Sep 2008

YouTube - Vaska Ilieva- Pesna Za Goce Delčev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Zrinski, how did you come to gain an appreciation for Macedonian music bre? You seem to listen to all of the songs my parents had back in the vinyl days, lol. Also, how do you find the language used? Is it easier to understand a Vaska or a TV reporter from Macedonia today?
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Slovenec Zrinski, I thank you with all of my heart for the beautiful songs that you have collected. I wish I could get a copy of all your Macedonian music.
                Thank you so much!
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

"Goranski pesni" are songs that the OVCHARI used to sing during the time that they used to mind the sheep. Well thats one explanation i got.
                  Another explanation i got was, "Goranski Pesni" are songs by the torbeshi. I am not sure which is corect mabe zrinski can help.

Anyway, this song would have to be one of the oldest and first i can remember listening to as a child. It is a beutiful song.

YouTube - Goranski pesni: Vebija Smaili - Pukna puska, majcice
                  Last edited by Bill77; 05-13-2010, 07:14 AM.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                    • Nov 2009

Bill77, The Gorani are considered as there own ethnic group which have been claimed by Serbs,Bulgarians,Albanians,Macedonians and Bosniaks.
                    There religion is Muslim, and they are inhabited in Macedonia,Albania and Kosovo.
                    There population is 65,000.
                    They inhabit two villages in Macedonia they are Jelovjane and Urvic and other villages in Kosovo and Albania.
                    There mother tongue language is called Nashinski which literally means our people.
                    To me they seem like a mixed people but there language sounds to me similar to Macedonian.

Here is the lyrics to a Gorani song.

Verno libe

Gledaj me gledaj libe, abe verno libe,
                    na gledajmise dur ti som ovde.
                    Utre ke odim abe vrno libe dalek-dalek
                    na pusti Gurbet.

Racaj po racaj libe o da ti kupim,
                    ti da mi kupi
                    abe gledaniku cerna amija, ja da ga nosim
                    abe gledaniku I da ga elam.

Racaj po racaj abe verno
                    libe o da ti pratim
                    Ti da mi prati abe
                    gledaniku arena knjiga
                    Ja da ga pujem abe
                    gledaniku i da ga elam

I hope i helped you out with this.

Comment

• Mastika
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
                      There mother tongue language is called Nashinski which literally means our people.
                      To me they seem like a mixed people but there language sounds to me similar to Macedonian.
                      Linguistically their language is considered Macedonian by most scholars (except for the extreme Bulgarian ones), however most of the people see themselves as Goranci above anything else.

Whilst I am posting on this thread, this is a personal favorite of mine, but in an instrumental version.
                      YouTube - Ivan Terziev - Serbez Donka

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Tose Proevski's version

YouTube - Se posvrshi serbez Donka : Veles Region
                        Last edited by Bill77; 05-13-2010, 07:56 AM.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                          • Sep 2008

Its hard to explain why I like Macedonian music this much...why do people like rock, synth....Its hard to explain. I like the language, the rythms, the voices (esp Ilieva, Kostadinova, Sarievski), the softness of the songs, the "harshness" of the voices sometimes...how can I explain SoM? My parents bought cassettes with "Pjesme I plesovi Naroda Jugoslavije", as they were usually called, and I liked all the different musical styles but for some reason or the other the Macedonian tunes got stuck the most.
                          I dont like the Macedonian news broadcasts because I think they do not realise that they have mics to talk into..often it sounds like they almost scream or talk in a very forced way.
                          I understand most of the lyrics of the songs but not the news because they talk to fast. and..the dialects I find hardest to understand are those from the southern part of Macedonia...i.e.Voden,Solun etc

U could get most of the songs Daskalot. I can send CD:s with mp3 files if you want me to

The softness:
                          YouTube - Đorđi Belđigerovski/Ljiljana Spasevska - Od kaj što sonce...

And the "harshness" (harsh is probably not the right word but I cant find a better)
                          YouTube - Vaska Ilieva- More Maksim Ima Loša Žena

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Thanks Zrinski, I think I can understand what you're saying, it is hard to explain these things, but there is certainly something about old Macedonian music that is special.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Ismail Bojda, born in the Gora region of Kosovo and the President of Macedonians of the Islamic faith said the following:
                              We are all Macedonians here in Gora, in Western Macedonia, Eastern Albania.

Comment

• sf.
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
                                And the "harshness" (harsh is probably not the right word but I cant find a better)
                                I would say nasal.

The general consensus is that Gorani linguistically speak a Macedonian language. The Bulgarians of course took this to mean Bulgarian... the dogs.
                                Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Working...
                                X