X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

What crossdressing can be fun.?
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Go see the 'Dressmaker' mate...you'll love the frocks...
      Sho stori be? Ot kolga barash fustani? Donesimi priatelo nazat illi ke de biam!!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        Sho stori be? Ot kolga barash fustani? Donesimi priatelo nazat illi ke de biam!!
        Ahh, the beauty of Phoenix mythology...many things to many people...

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

ne trebat fustani tolku sho e natre.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Ahh, the beauty of Phoenix mythology...many things to many people...
            Good to hear from you again, although I detect a mellowing in your tone, perhaps it's acquired refinement that comes with age?
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              ne trebat fustani tolku sho e natre.
              That's right GS, they're just a minor inconvenience in most cases...

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Good to hear from you again, although I detect a mellowing in your tone, perhaps it's acquired refinement that comes with age?
                With very few 'greeks' here to give me the shits, it brings out my nicer side..

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

With very few 'greeks' here to give me the shits, it brings out my nicer side..
                  Is that "here" as in the forum or are you exceptionally fortunate to have done some ethnic cleansing where you live!

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Is that "here" as in the forum or are you exceptionally fortunate to have done some ethnic cleansing where you live!
                    ...lol

I wish brother...the "here" that I speak of, is strictly the forum...and that's not a bad thing

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

...lol

I wish brother...the "here" that I speak of, is strictly the forum...and that's not a bad thing
                      Very True bratko....a place of solace, most of the time!

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

So peacefull you could almost hear a pin drop.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                          • Aug 2011

Guys, I just watched "Rogue One: a Star Wars story" and as a big Star Wars fan I must say I was impressed.
                          Great action sequences, fresh new characters and awesome special effects.
                          I was having doubts regarding watching it since it isn't really a part of the Star Wars franchise but a spin-off, was afraid that it will ruin my impressions of this epic saga but I was really blown off my feet.
                          Now (spoiler alert), there aren't any Jedi or those legendary light saber fights that are the trademark of the franchise, but it's a 2-hour action-packed entertainment I strongly recommend for the holidays.
                          And the CGI cameos of Grand Moff Tarkin and Leia were just the icing on the cake.
                          Well done Lucasfilms,you really brought the smile on my face for New Years!
                          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Good to know. This is the time of year to take in this kind of stuff.

I am about to start watching the Penny Dreadful TV show. Hope it numbs the brain in a good way.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              I enjoyed watching the 2 seasons of "Vikings" recently.
                              Great to see an Aussie in Travis Fimmel as the lead actor/plunderer/bossman. He has a big future in my opinion.

It is fun watching the clash of cultures and religions. The fight scenes are really gritty and I am sharpening my axe as we speak.

Definitely worth a watch.
                              Vikings is a great series, just started watching the latest season. Too bad Ragnar has to die, but that's the way it went down historically. His son Ivar is the one to look out for, destined to become a ruthless leader. One of my favourite scenes is this:

In Kingdom of Northrumbia in England, Ragnar Lothbrok's army meets an English Anglo-Saxon defensive army.No copyright infringes intended. All material goes t...

Perhaps because i'm a bit of a history buff, I have always found that scene interesting. Historically, both the Vikings and the Saxons came from northern Europe and both spoke Germanic languages. However, when something like the above scene did happen in real life (as it surely did centuries ago), even though both sides would have noticed some similarities it is doubtful that either side would have immediately realised that they had so many commonalities from a historical perspective. One of the main reasons for this is that the Saxons had progressively become Christians starting from a couple of centuries prior to their first contact with the Vikings, and therefore lived in a somewhat more orderly society, whereas the Vikings were still pagans who were more accustomed to pillage and warfare. Some parallels could be drawn with the 6th century Balkans, where pagan people north of the Roman frontier on the Danube moved south and were confronted with historically related groups that had earlier become Christian and more civilised.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spirit
                                • May 2015

Great great show
                                Bit of a history buff here as well
                                Vikings spread into Russia as well and there is evidence that they married into the local Slav aristocracy population as well. Therefore the ancestors of the Rus people were a mixture of Vikings and Slavic people.
                                The famous Varangian Guard of the Byzantine emperors were initially made up of Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                                X