How did Golo Brdo & Mala Prespa come under Albanian cotrol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Why the term 'slavophone' should not be used by any self-respecting Macedonian should not even have to be explained in 2018. Its beyond preposterous. But I think it will disappear shortly - even in Greece. Surely those "slavophone greeks" will become "gornophone greeks"?
    Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-30-2018, 11:47 PM.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      I note none of them provide a definition of "Macedonophone".
      Because there's no such thing. Try to google it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        Just ask a Macedonian. It's easy. The rest are wrong.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• VMRO
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          I disagree, Gorica is not apart of Macedonia and its non-Albanian population died off long ago. There is no way of knowing if they spoke Macedonian or another language similar to it, we can't force our identity and language on people who can't speak for themselves anymore. It's recorded "Slavic" was spokein Gorica but its exact relation to Macedonian or any other language is not known for sure. It would be the same as claiming the historical Slavophone population of Epirus and Thessaly were Macedonians as well.
          I disagree with the above, there is still a sizable non Albanian population in Gorica/Korcha. Many Macedonians from Gorica are active on facebook.

Andre Mazon painted a nice picture of the Macedonian elements in Gorica and surrounding areas in the 1930's; his book is a testament to this. The relation to Macedonian is known and like i said it in the book by Andre Mazon.

One of the current community leaders of the Macedonians in Albania is also from Gorica/Korcha - Vasil Sterjovski.

Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
            • Apr 2014

It's not a term that I've ever encountered but there is no great administrator or editor to determine which -phones are "real" or not. It all comes down to the author and if it is necessary to specificaly refer to Macedonian speakers or not.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

While you are at it, each of your justifications relate to nations. German is used above. "Slavophone" relates to the Kingdom of the Slavs? What is "Slavic"? I have never heard anyone speak Slavic. How do you say "In the service of Greeks" in "Slavic". And ultimately, what is a "slavophone"? A Greek can tell us, but I don't trust them much.

I have seen Germanophone used in contexts to refer to people who speak a Germanic language. It's used in this context in some texts detailing language and nationalism in the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                I disagree with the above, there is still a sizable non Albanian population in Gorica/Korcha. Many Macedonians from Gorica are active on facebook.

Andre Mazon painted a nice picture of the Macedonian elements in Gorica and surrounding areas in the 1930's; his book is a testament to this. The relation to Macedonian is known and like i said it in the book by Andre Mazon.

One of the current community leaders of the Macedonians in Albania is also from Gorica/Korcha - Vasil Sterjovski.

My main point is that Gorica does not fall under the definition of Macedonia. I know there are villages close to it where Macedonians still live, perhaps the people who work in Gorica (like the one you provided) originate from these villages.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                  • Oct 2011

My main point is that Gorica does not fall under the definition of Macedonia. I know there are villages close to it where Macedonians still live, perhaps the people who work in Gorica (like the one you provided) originate from these villages.
                  Because there is no possible way they could originate from Gorica itself... I mean that impenetrable border security stood strong for thousands of years!
                  “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Surely those "slavophone greeks" will become "gornophone greeks"?
                    No, the whole point of that terminology is to ensure no connection is made with another nation. They are distinct from anyone else, like those slavophones from Gorica...
                    Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 05-31-2018, 12:53 AM.
                    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• VMRO
                      • Sep 2008

That's not correct, Dimitrija Chupovski's map of Macedonia included Gorica.

So did the French cartologist F. Bianconi

F. Bianconi: Carte commerciale de la province do Macedoine, 1:1,000,000, 48x37 cm. Paris, 1885

Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

This city is also famous in Greece (we call it Korytsa) as one of the main centers of the Greek community of Albania. There's also a strong Vlach community there.

Last edited by Amphipolis; 05-31-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Just ask a Macedonian. It's easy. The rest are wrong.
                          Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you were Erdogan you would ban Google.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you were Erdogan you would ban Google.
                            What would be wrong with Macedonians from the republic calling the same language speakers in Northern Greece as Macedonophones? Take off your souvlaki smeared glasses and refresh your perspective.

-phone (suffix) = used for making nouns and adjectives meaning or describing someone who speaks a particular language
                            macedonophone (=someone who speaks Macedonian)
                            Because you are a hateful racist wanker, you won't ever be able to grasp this. But -phone is merely a suffix and Macedonophone is perfectly expressed in this manner.

Slavophone suggests someone speaks "slav" and I defy anyone in the world, including pathetic wankers like yourself, to show me the "slav" language. If you know how to speak "slav", you can tell me how to say "Suck on that you retarded monkey" in "Slav".
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

The problem is with stupid Macedonians who fail to assert their identity. People who should know better (like Liberator of Slavophonedonia) decide it makes sense to refer to Macedonians as Slavophones.

While even the stupidest of Greeks become offended when you ask for a Turkish coffee instead of a Grik Coffee.

Clever Macedonians are so overrated.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• tchaiku
                                • Nov 2016

Most of Greeks in Albania are Vlachs. Nobody here considers them Greeks. It is also believed that they are pretending to be Greeks to get free pensions/money.
                                Last edited by tchaiku; 05-31-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X