X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vassilis
    • Jan 2011

alp arslan was greek not turk

look at this chest thats the byzantine eagle.
    Last edited by vassilis; 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM.
  • Serdarot
    • Feb 2010

maybe he took it from the defeated byzantine emperor?

btw, hilarious claim. Alp Arslan was (probably) Seldjuk-Turk. Claiming he was "greek", you probably want to say that today´s greeks are Turks by origin, what is not far away from the truth
    Bratot:
    Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

The eagle on his chest is from zagor tenay.
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

In what way is this related to Macedonia and to us Macedonians? Please explain this to me Vassilis.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Ottoman
          Banned
          • Nov 2010

The Seljuk Turks had a double headed eagle too, this is the Seljuk double headed eagle.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

First message in this thread is ridicules but i`m gonna continue from what you wrote Ottoman.

First of all, Seljuk Turks symbol was most likely a falcon and the name of this bird is "Turul, Tugrul". It`s a sacred mythical animal from our pre-islamic era and this is a common myth of Hungarians and Turks. Attila of the Huns also used this falcon as their symbol too, so this Turkic mythical bird maybe(probably) predates Byzantine one.

Alp Arslan`s father`s name was "Tugrul", then there was also Tugrul II and III in the Seljuk monarchy. Also, the founder of Ottoman empire, Osman`s father`s name was also "Er-tugrul". "Er" meaning "man, male".

I wrote a msg here b4 about the Turul bird;

The Representations of Predatory Birds in the Cultural Heritage of Macedonia The predatory birds present in the pictorial and archaeological artifacts are not a prerogative of one country. These motifs can be found in a large chronological and territorial range. At the same time it should be noted that birds such as

Comment

• Ottoman
              Banned
              • Nov 2010

Interesting.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Double headed eagle,the macedonians of old used that as well.The symbols of lions,eagles etc were all macedonian symbols.When did the other countries adopt them??
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

George, are you by any chance Prolet's twin? When you write in ignorance it is counter-productive for our cause. At least highlight your conclusions as tentative. By what right can you possibly claim that Turks adopted the eagle from the Macedonians?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vassilis View Post

look at this chest thats the byzantine eagle.
                    Thanks for the cartoon picture. I'm not sure this constitutes "evidence". However, we could test it by drawing a picture of a wining lotto ticket and then claiming the prize money...
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Ottoman
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2010

If Alp Arslan was Greek then Im the biggest homo on earth.

Comment

• Ottoman
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Double headed eagle,the macedonians of old used that as well.The symbols of lions,eagles etc were all macedonian symbols.When did the other countries adopt them??
                        Double headed eagles were already there in Sumerian times, I hardly doubt it that the ancient Macedonians started it.

Comment

• Serdarot
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                          If Alp Arslan was Greek then Im the biggest homo on earth.
                          well, you should think twice before you say this again

big part of the today´s "greeks" are ex Turks, they simply changed their name and identity, when settled on our grandfathers land.

so, when he say "Alp Arslan" was a "greek", he probably means they have same blood, what is logic, cause they are Turk

correct claim would be: big part of the "greeks" are Turk. just like Alp Arslan
                          Bratot:
                          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

It is an acknowledged fact when one looks at royalty ,Heraldry etc the symbols of lion eagles two headed eagles originated in Macedonia from what i have read.Other countries started to adopt them.
                            Last edited by George S.; 02-22-2011, 07:12 PM. Reason: edit
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                            X