X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Currency Trader
    • Sep 2009

Standard & Poor Downgrades Macedonia

Not just those who are in EU or North America that gets downgraded.

-----

12:49 Standard & Poor's has revised its methodology and assumptions for rating sovereign governments. As a result, we are lowering the long-term local currency sovereign credit rating on Macedonia to 'BB' from 'BB+' and affirming the long-term foreign currency sovereign credit rating at 'BB'.

In our opinion, governments are likely to have fewer incentives to differentiate between their local and foreign currency debt in the event of a debt restructuring, given the increasing globalization of markets.
    The stable outlook reflects our view that Macedonia's creditworthiness could improve if it were to adequately address some of the structural issues that constrain growth rates, including a lack of infrastructure, unreliable energy provision, and high unemployment rates.

Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it lowered its long-term local currency sovereign credit rating on the Republic of Macedonia to 'BB' from 'BB+' and affirmed its long-term foreign currency sovereign credit rating at 'BB'. We also affirmed the 'B' short-term ratings on Macedonia. The outlook is stable. Our transfer and convertibility assessment for Macedonia remains 'BB+'.

• George S.
    • Aug 2009

what are you advocating ct that macedonia join the eu & it will be better for it.Get a dose of that shared foreign eu debt.Or should it stay put where it can sort itself out with the rest of the world in it's own way&time.
    Last edited by George S.; 08-24-2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

George I doubt there is anything to sort out expect Macedonians shaken from thier lazy desire to want EU membership

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
        Not just those who are in EU or North America that gets downgraded.

-----

12:49 Standard & Poor's has revised its methodology and assumptions for rating sovereign governments. As a result, we are lowering the long-term local currency sovereign credit rating on Macedonia to 'BB' from 'BB+' and affirming the long-term foreign currency sovereign credit rating at 'BB'.

In our opinion, governments are likely to have fewer incentives to differentiate between their local and foreign currency debt in the event of a debt restructuring, given the increasing globalization of markets.
        The stable outlook reflects our view that Macedonia's creditworthiness could improve if it were to adequately address some of the structural issues that constrain growth rates, including a lack of infrastructure, unreliable energy provision, and high unemployment rates.

Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it lowered its long-term local currency sovereign credit rating on the Republic of Macedonia to 'BB' from 'BB+' and affirmed its long-term foreign currency sovereign credit rating at 'BB'. We also affirmed the 'B' short-term ratings on Macedonia. The outlook is stable. Our transfer and convertibility assessment for Macedonia remains 'BB+'.

CT
        Given the current financial markets worldwide, do you think it would have been any different if Macedonia was in the EU? Would there have been a downgrade?
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Currency Trader, I have noted your persistence with posting on this forum.
          I note you do not have the decency to respond to my answers to your previous questions, instead choosing to make fun of them on other threads. I have asked you to reply to each of my answers directly. I will now insist you do if you want to keep trolling this forum.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Currency Trader, I have noted your persistence with posting on this forum.
            I note you do not have the decency to respond to my answers to your previous questions, instead choosing to make fun of them on other threads. I have asked you to reply to each of my answers directly. I will now insist you do if you want to keep trolling this forum.
            I am always wondering where these people come from. The blind advocates of the E.U (and open borders) such as CT are good at distorting the picture and pushing propaganda. Your questions go unanswered, because he has no answers, RTG. I think that anyone trying to feed us bullshit that the E.U is our 'saviour' when in fact it has set out to erase us, must be working for our enemies. His rants against the AMHRC were entirely unjustified, and inappropriate, but probably reveals something of the UMD mentality with regard to other diaspora groups actually producing real results. I see a consistent pattern of trying to deceive Macedonians about the E.U, and its policy regarding the Macedonians and all of this to put a positive spin on the negotiations. Just another spin doctor working for UMD I would say.
            Last edited by Pelister; 08-24-2011, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

So cT is a (umd stooge) spin doctor.Doesn't it sound familiar that the umd avoided close questioning.So ct is a man of no substance when questrioned up close & personal he has nothing to say but how fine macedonia would be if it joins the eu.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
                • Dec 2009

Currency Trader, maybe you can explain to me why Bulgaria is behaving so poorly even now being part of the EU for a few years.

For a reminder, refer to this:

Interesting article on Bulgaria: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/18606/46/ Paper: Bulgaria is the poorest European country Wednesday, 13 July 2011 Bulgarians remain the poorest on the European continent. 41.9% of Bulgaria's population is considered poor, which is shocking compared to the average EU rate (8
                Last edited by Stojacanec; 08-25-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

CT is one of those propoganda spreading trolls
                  Will respond at greater length when am able to, but CTf livin , how about YOU go to Bulgaria, Greece, ireland, Scotland , UK, Macedonia, Turkey, and lets compare some notes together sunshine
                  Bulgaria is sinking into worse than 3rd world , greece is paradise from free money, and Macedonia needs to have the GOVERNMENT raise the minimum wage and standard of living, it is rich in natural resources, and even richer in corruption
                  Turkey seems to have higher living standards than Macedonia

The UMD alignment with the government is not assisting the country, or the people, NO ONE WANTS THE EU IN MACEDONIA, NOR NAME CHANGE
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Troll is right the name issue shouldn't come into it as a precursor to joining the eu.Macedonia has survived this long without it & should be ok if it doesnt join in principle.A name change so that you could join an organization is unheard of in the annals of history and would be catastrothic for macedonia.
                    If greece has a problem with the name it sgould learn to live with it as macedonia was called macedonia pre 1913 for thousands of years.So the moral of the story is CT is very good at spreading his troll bs about how lovely the eu is sunny side up.He forgot the baby with the bathwater(the name) when macedonia is asked to join the eu.
                    So CT unless you come clean & answer RTG's questions don't bother trolling coz we know what your up to an apologizer & a stooge for the UMD..
                    Last edited by George S.; 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM. Reason: ed
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

I think th his mob has an agenda Macedonia is not interwoven in the Global economy at all it really is shielded

Comment

Working...
                      X