Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 03-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road
Default Eurovision Song Contest 2017

With all the negativity and sense of despair that Macedonians are feeling right now with the political situation in Macedonia being the way it is, here's some much needed and welcome positivity that is sure to break some of that tension away.
This year's Macedonian entry, "Dance Alone" by Jana Burceska, is being touted as a real contender for the title by those in the know. It's been getting rave reviews and, although I don't want to get too carried away, positive feedback is being received from all corners of the strange, weird and wonderful world that is Eurovision.
Check it out, it's not too bad. It has a real 80's vibe about it and grows on you the more you hear it. Here's hoping...12 points from Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddo8n_8pKrQ
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Yes, IMO this is our best entry to date.
The song has a very catchy tune, it's both modern and retro at the same time, and Jana's vocals are simply amazing.
If we get a good stage performance we might get the best result so far.

On a more general note, from other entries I've heard, this year there is a lot of quality music in Eurovision for a change.
So competition is far bigger than before where there were always 1 or 2 songs that stood out.
The bookies make the winner favorites Sweden and Italy, even though I must say I didn't like those 2 entries. Not that they were bad, but they're not anything spectacular, far from it.
My personal favorites so far (and I haven't listened to all entries) are definitely Belgium.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
Gocka

Gocka is on a distinguished road

If that award is going to be made out to FYROM, then they can shove it up their ass. Macedonia shouldn't even participate in this fruity "competition".
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
If that award is going to be made out to FYROM, then they can shove it up their ass. Macedonia shouldn't even participate in this fruity "competition".
It hasn't stopped us from participating in the Olympics...Or anywhere else for that matter. They will definitely chuck in the obligatory "F.Y.R." before they utter "Macedonia" but even they know that just saying "FYROM" is too insulting and inappropriate to use.

I'm glad you described the competition as "fruity" and not me. Don't you know you can't use such terms in this day and age. We're supposed to have moved on from such prejudices were we not?
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Gocka

LOL I guess I'm behind then. Seriously the entire Eurovision thing just looks like a fruity, soulless, lets all be "Europeans", pile of shit. I've never liked it.

Macedonia should not participate in any organization or group that does not respect the rights of its people period. Macedonia should also be loud and obnoxious about its objection to FYROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
It hasn't stopped us from participating in the Olympics...Or anywhere else for that matter. They will definitely chuck in the obligatory "F.Y.R." before they utter "Macedonia" but even they know that just saying "FYROM" is too insulting and inappropriate to use.

I'm glad you described the competition as "fruity" and not me. Don't you know you can't use such terms in this day and age. We're supposed to have moved on from such prejudices were we not?
Old 03-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #6
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Macedonia should also be loud and obnoxious about its objection to FYROM.
It has never done this. Imagine the binding potential it could have if everybody in RoMacedonia adopted this approach.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
Gocka

That's exactly how I see it. Imagine if at every one of these organizations, whether its the UN, Olympics, World cup, Eurovision, if Macedonia simply showed up to protest and make a scene. Imagine if for a world cup qualifier if the players refused to play and just stood on the pitch for 90 minutes in protest. At the very least it would force people to acknowledge us and assert our willingness to stand up for ourselves. If they don't like it then either don't call us FYROM or kick us out of your organizations.

Too bad Macedonians are that abused kid that just wants to be friends with everyone even if they kick his ass and steal his lunch money everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
It has never done this. Imagine the binding potential it could have if everybody in RoMacedonia adopted this approach.