X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

As far as motives go, the USA doesn't lose as much as China in this. But this could all come down to a single nutjob lab technician in Wuhan losing his/her shit
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      The Chinese always need someone to blame for their incompetence. Chinese researchers believed at one point the origin was an animal called a pangolin that the Chinese import from Africa for its meat, but have since backtracked a little.

The Americans are running around like their heads are on fire, trust me they haven't got the slightest clue what to do about it.

Motive motive motive, the golden rule, what is the motive. The world would be a better place if people were not so cynical.

Apparently bat's arses don't cause pandemics.
      It seems that we haven't learnt anything since the middle ages and 'Black Death'...all of this shit has the same/similar beginning...poor personal hygiene/squalor, the contact with vermin and generally from a ground zero point somewhere in the far East...the simple take away points should be:

- wash hands and maintain reasonable levels of personal hygiene
      - stop eating vermin

Not that fucking hard...

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

Not that fucking hard...
        Its freaking aggravating isn't it. Google pangolin and ask yourself why would you bring those all the way from Africa to eat them.

Lack of personal hygiene, and backwards ass cuisine and customs are the cause of the vast majority of these types of viruses.

I actually had some kind of flu today. I felt like shit last night, I knew a fever was coming, I woke up today with a 101f temperature about 38.5c. All I did from 8:00AM to 4:00pm is sleep eat and drink tea. By 5:00pm I'm good as new. For all I know I had corona virus today.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Good point about the hand washing. A new term I've learned is the concept of "social hand washing". Kids should be taught this.

Cleanliness is one of the big distinctions between Japanese and Chinese. And the Japanese don't eat rats either!
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Speaking of bats

Comment

• Gocka
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
              Speaking of bats
              See Risto Bats Arse's do cause diseases.

Comment

• Dove
                • Aug 2018

You certainly have a different focus on this disease compared to my Hong Kong Chinese friend. Having lived through six months of SARS, she is all over this. For a start, she was calling for the banning of entry into Australia of people from Japan and Korea a week and a half ago (because it is a back door entry.) Off to Christmas Island with you RTG. Some of the things she has told me (I cannot verify any of it) include the jailing of eight doctors for spreading fake news because they were telling people about the disease before it was obvious. Later, the Central Government (CG) met on the Chinese New Year and they have never done that so it was clear something serious was up. Later, news came out that the CG had informed the US about the disease and the US got its staff out of China way before it was public knowledge. Also, the US has been applying pressure to inspect the super lab facility. China does not want an inspection and eventually admitted it was a leak from the facility. Moreover, the virus is synthetic.

In case it becomes necessary to wear a face mask and because you cannot buy any here in Oz, she knows how to make one. She is alert, I am alarmed.

As an aside, a Chinese friend of an Aussie friend who came back from Wuhan via Christmas Island was released 5 days earlier than the reported fourteen day period. I really do not know what to make of that.
                Last edited by Dove; 03-01-2020, 06:56 PM. Reason: delete extraneous detail

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

For more misinformation here:

It's always weird how people tend to give abnormal explanations to normal things.

Comment

• tchaiku
                    • Nov 2016

Now that dogs are infected it will spread even more. Horrible!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                      See Risto Bats Arse's do cause diseases.
                      I've never gone there. But with too much alcohol .... You never know!
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Dove, I'm quite happy to stay here!

I saw a woman on the train here in Japan wearing swimming goggles and a mask. Which makes more sense than just a mask.

Either way, this thing is quite insidious and people are getting increasingly nervous here!
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          ...I saw a woman on the train here in Japan wearing swimming goggles and a mask. Which makes more sense than just a mask...
                          Mass hysteria, panic buying and doomsday prepping are now the norm...sharemarkets continue to fall off the cliff... the next phase will be when people refuse to leave their homes leading to a global recession, economic armageddon and societal breakdown...because most of the worlds population gets their news from Facebook.

The facts remain...

- of the total global virus cases the majority are confined to China (90%+)

- death rates are in the order of 1 - 2% for those with the infection

- rates of infection and spread of the virus are relatively minor compared to something like measles

- of those dying from the virus, it is the elderly (70+ years of age) at highest risk due to the issues of compromised immune systems found in this cohort - interestingly the other cohort associated with comprised immune systems is the very young and no deaths have been recorded for this group

I'm in a greater panic over the collapse of the sharemarket after a bumper year.

Comment

• Dove
                            • Aug 2018

You make a good point Amphipolis.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

The share market has been in a free climb (opposite of fall?) for way too long. Any excuse would have done it. This one is excellent. And watch it fall. I've lost about 10% since this has transpired.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Gocka
                                • Dec 2012

I blame the Russians. They constantly and consistently wage disinformation campaigns on pretty much everything, much of the time with contradicting narratives. The goal is simple and that is to muddle the waters and paralyze democratic systems and institutions. A lot of people look at the Russians as the underdog to the western order that largely dictates the narrative around the world. I would argue that the Russians are extremely dishonest, insidious, and completely unhelpful. They are not genuine at all in offering an alternative to a the world order. All they want is chaos so that they can operate their own corrupt cabal with impunity. They are completely ruining the simple concept of truth and facts.

Why is this important to me? Because as it relates to Macedonia, you can never get your head above water if you are constantly caught up in perpetuating and being obsessed with ridiculous falsities. Macedonia will never be what we want it to be following the Russian model. You want your population to be informed so they can make good decisions. If i had the power to change one thing in Macedonia, I wish I could snap my fingers and just raise peoples self awareness and intelligence.

I spend a lot of time with recent Macedonian emigrants and they all have one things in common. They are grossly under educated, under informed, and misinformed. That's true about any topic or facet of life you can think of, not just politics. When you realize this about your countrymen, everything they do is suddenly understandable. They are not cowards, they are not sinister, or apathetic. They literally don't know any better which is far worse and so much harder to overcome.

If we ever want Macedonians to wake up and get it, we must try as hard as we can to inform them and break their embarrassing habit of believing anything but the truth. Its a self defense mechanism. Convince yourself that everything is futile and impossible and no one ever expects you to accomplish anything. The diaspora holds its fair share of the blame for this. Despite living in better functioning and better informed societies many in the diaspora still perpetuate the same idiocy as people in Macedonia.

Its not in our interests for our populace to be so misinformed and frankly just plain dumb. If you are one of those people who is self aware and who does have enough sense to wade through the BS, they you have an obligation to enlighten as many people as you can. We have i believe made the mistake of trying to convince Macedonians to simply just care, or to be "nationalists". What we really should be doing is convincing Macedonians to be free thinkers who are not constantly duped by everything and everyone around them. When they become self aware and understand the world around them, they will chose to fight back all on their own because it will be the only logical and dignified alternative.

You know why Jews exist and prosper despite all odds. Because they are educated, intelligent, pragmatists who also somehow find a way to hold on to archaic traditions that bind them all. They certainly didn't get where they are by being dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X