• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CRNA
    • Sep 2009

Shane Delias - Spice Journey Turkey

Hi All,

Did any of you happen to watch Shane Delai's Spice Journey Turkey on SBS last night?

The opening intro shows a map of the region, which shows Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria & the mythical Greater Albania state.
    Macedonia, Serbia & Crna Gora have been annexed & ceded to Albania.

Such a provocative & shameful action on the part of SBS, I wonder where they got this map? I mean its never existed.

Anyway, it would be correct for as many of us to send a letter of complaint to SBS. The email is below;

[email protected]

I've already sent them a complaint & have requested they explain how this map came to be used, that the error be fixed by the next episode & that they broadcast a public apology.

I have also sent a TipOff to Media Watch (ABC), lets see if they take it up.

Who needs Putin, we can just send the SBS in to annexed countries.

Would be good to let people on the Serb forums know as well, I'll this up to someone else.

Thanks,
    Crna

• Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Well thats interesting, perhaps SBS have an Albanian employee who came up with the map.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Volokin
      • Apr 2014

Shane Delia witnesses the rebirth of Ottoman cuisine and traditions in Istanbul, a city that straddles the continents of Europe and Asia, and literally joins East and West.

At 2:21 -

I'm interested in how this Albanian employee manage to sneak it in there with no one realizing.

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

That's disgusting, I thought there would be some standard or watch dog that verifies the information broadcasted. I'm absolutely infuriated, propaganda is still being created in this modern day and broadcasted from a source that I once found genuine. I feel as if I have to re account everything I have ever accepted as a fact from SBS. Well it's true then, the TV really does damage peoples head.

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

Gotta be a grk in the editing room
          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
            Banned
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
            Gotta be a grk in the editing room
            I don't think a Greek would paint the Greek islands as Turkish.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

I expected better from SBS given that they often promote themselves as a diverse, multicultural network. Someone has deliberately tampered with the borders, and it's clear that this isn't even meant to be a historical map (even though there wouldn't be any historical basis regardless). I'm hoping that it was simply an oversight by the editor/reviewer, and that this is confined to the malicious actions of an individual.

It may even be worth contacting Shane Delia by PMing him on his facebook page. This way it's a little more personal and he may have a fair bit of influence in terms of rectifying the situation.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

it depends who is on the editing floor.Maybe we can get the media to solve all our problems.Maybe represent things in a positive way.wE could have a whole undisturbed map of macedonia.Just ask sbs to prodiuce the video by the sbs film team
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
                  I don't think a Greek would paint the Greek islands as Turkish.
                  Meant as a joke but I have been to the sbs offices, greek flags on many desks
                  You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volokin View Post
                    http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video...it-For-Sultans
                    At 2:21 -

I'm interested in how this Albanian employee manage to sneak it in there with no one realizing.
                    Allowing such a misleading map to be displayed was very sloppy on the part of SBS. Disappointing.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ThePump
                      • Aug 2012

That is disgraceful, I hope that no one is that petty at SBS that they need to photoshop a map to push their motives.
                      Last edited by ThePump; 08-04-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

they won't answer anything about the map.I remember its not the first time i remember the slav terminology used and i remember them calling us fyrom.I think we need to find who were the producers of this disgracefull act.They have no right to incite racial discrimination and altering of borders to suit their case.Has anyone tried to contact the communication obmudsman and they should take up the cudgel.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

I sent him a message a number of days ago and he didn't even bother to respond. I'm positive he read it, so he either doesn't give a shit or has spoken to SBS and has just forgotten to reply. I'll place my bet on the former. Poor form really. Did anyone manage to get a response from SBS?

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            I sent him a message a number of days ago and he didn't even bother to respond. I'm positive he read it, so he either doesn't give a shit or has spoken to SBS and has just forgotten to reply. I'll place my bet on the former. Poor form really. Did anyone manage to get a response from SBS?
                            I got this.

Thank you for taking the time to contact SBS with your comments.

I have passed on your feedback to our Programming department and also included it in our daily feedback report.

Kind Regards
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                              I got this.

Thank you for taking the time to contact SBS with your comments.

I have passed on your feedback to our Programming department and also included it in our daily feedback report.

Kind Regards
                              Who knows if they will even bother to follow up on it with a response like that. It's probably their standard, automated message for every grievance.

Comment

Working...
                              X