Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning!

Religious debates was hot in the forum for few days and i just saw this weird news!!!

I was thinking like stoning to death only exists in few African and middle-eastern extreme muslim states but it looks like Israel is one of them too and it looks like Jewish sharia laws is no better than Taliban sharia either;

Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning
    A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago, Ynet website reported Friday.

According to Ynet, the large dog made its way into the Monetary Affairs Court in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood of Mea Shearim in Jerusalem, frightening judges and plaintiffs.

Despite attempts to drive the dog out of the court, the hound refused to leave the premises.

One of the sitting judges then recalled a curse the court had passed down upon a secular lawyer who had insulted the judges two decades previously.

Their preferred divine retribution was for the lawyer's spirit to move into the body of a dog, an animal considered impure by traditional Judaism.

Clearly still offended, one of the judges sentenced the animal to death by stoning by local children.

The canine target, however, managed to escape.

"Let the Animals Live", an animal-welfare organisation filed a complaint with the police against the head of the court, Rabbi Avraham Dov Levin, who denied that the judges had called for the dog's stoning, Ynet reported.

One of the court's managers, however, confirmed the report of the lapidation sentence to Israeli daily Yediot Aharonot.

"It was ordered... as an appropriate way to 'get back at' the spirit which entered the poor dog," the paper reported the manager as saying, according to Ynet.

Certain schools of thought within Judaism believe in the transmigration of souls, or reincarnation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110617...animalsoffbeat
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

1,630 Comments too and all will be seen as anti-semitic

It was Congrees that cheared the Isreali PM not long ago all in the name of Faith and no criticism

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
      • Sep 2010

That poor dog.

Here's a better story.
      Israel spying on US: A long history
      Former CIA counterterrorism officer Philip Giraldi is on a mission. He says he wants to expose how costly and dangerous Israeli espionage is to the United States.

Giraldi is the Executive Director of the Council for the National Interest Foundation which just released a 12 page overview written by Giraldi called The Spy Who Loves Us. He says Israel conducts more espionage against America than any other US ally.

Giraldi says Israel profits from selling US technology.

Giraldi says Israeli spying has bankrupted some American companies.

According to his report, virtually all US government bodies including the FBI and General Accountabilty office have confirmed that Israeli espionage takes place. And while collecting intelligence is part of the function of government, Israel crosses the line.

Giraldi says the intensity and persistency of Israel spying is paticularly disturbing considering how much Israel reliees on the US for political and military support.

Giraldi says Israeli lobbies have too much power in Washington.
      Giraldi has written about israeli espionage for The American Conservative. He also has a regular column in the magazine called Deep Background.
      Here's a good video for Onur. This is the guy that was in that "Defamation" video I posted.
      YouTube - ‪Norman Finkelstein - The Coming Breakup of American Zionism, Part 1‬‏
      YouTube - ‪Norman Finkelstein - The Coming Breakup of American Zionism, Part 2 (Q&A)‬‏

I enjoyed watching both of them .

Comment

• Bukefal
        • Sep 2009

Ridiculous. Now this is wat I just cant understand, these idiots. I accept people being religious and having the need to beleive in something. But I do have something against organised religion, I do have something against churches.

I have something against people telling other people how they should believe and why and how everything went and how they should behave and how they should live and what they should do. I have something against these people having so much power. That is wrong and it is dangerous since it is abused, that power for thousands of years. I have something against this , that one person, a key person from a religious group is saying something totally idiotic and his followers are supporting him, under the name of 'religion'.

This is just too stupid to even talk about.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

hey a dog is not a person so it does not exist under a law.it is a possesion they should fine the owner & not the dog.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Louis Riel
            • Aug 2010

Jews believe in reincarnation?

Comment

• Mactruth
              • Dec 2010

Why are we so shocked when Macedonia has done the same thing before? Does anything remember that Macedonia convicted a bear of stealing honey?

Comment

• European
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                Religious debates was hot in the forum for few days and i just saw this weird news!!!

I was thinking like stoning to death only exists in few African and middle-eastern extreme muslim states but it looks like Israel is one of them too and it looks like Jewish sharia laws is no better than Taliban sharia either;
                Stoning people =/ Stoning a Dog

A weird practice tho I don't think this sentencing is similar to Sharia law.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Since when did Jewish people believe in reincarnation?
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

animals are there to serve mankind.I'm sure the bear wasn't aware of what it was doing.
                    how can it be responsible for it's actions.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mactruth View Post
                      Why are we so shocked when Macedonia has done the same thing before? Does anything remember that Macedonia convicted a bear of stealing honey?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...35831?irpc=932
                      That is not the same thing. Macedonia didn't sentence the bear to a 'stoning' for being a reincarnate of a human, like Israel did with this dog. In Macedonia, a court case determined that the bear had no owner and charged the local government for the damages it had caused. It is similar to laws in Australia who hold the owner of an animal accountable for its actions. If the animal caused serious harm or injury to a human, it would be put down by a vet. Not stoned to death.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by European View Post
                        Stoning people =/ Stoning a Dog

A weird practice tho I don't think this sentencing is similar to Sharia law.
                        If they stone animals to death today, then they will surely stone people to death tomorrow. Besides that, imo, it`s not that different either.

No matter which religion they belong, these zealots are dangerous for humanity. Their religious abuse is endless and they use it for preaching evil.

Originally posted by julie View Post
                        Since when did Jewish people believe in reincarnation?
                        That`s what i wonder too! If we ask this to them, they would surely say that this is purely a Jewish biblical order and it`s not related with Hinduism!!!

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        animals are there to serve mankind.
                        Here we go again! Thats an another religious dogma. What makes you think of that? Just because we were able to domesticate few species among 1000s of them because of our higher intelligence? That makes 1000s of various animals sole purpose to serve to human kind? We just use them George and that`s it. Cows doesn't produce their milk for humans, they produce it for their own cubs as bees produces honey for theirs. That doesn't make them our servants just because we can milk them for ourselves. Animals are part of this world just as we are and they have a role as important as human kind in the natural world order.

You know when slavery was a norm in the world, white people was saying the same thing for African slaves. They were supposedly are here to serve white people.
                        Last edited by Onur; 06-19-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• European
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                          If they stone animals to death today, then they will surely stone people to death tomorrow.
                          Well that's a bit of a slippery slope argument.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Dogs are people too. Couldn't help myself. Ok so it's really 'cats'...but I'm a dog person.

It may be wrong by our moral standards, but are we really the ones who can judge the moral standards of a different culture? Our moral code has evolved through a different belief system.

Perhaps there is a counter-argument to be made that by applying the same laws and punishment to animals, as to people, there is a higher level of equality in rights. Not that I necessarily agree with that, but it's a somewhat viable argument.
                            Last edited by Rogi; 06-19-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

This sounds more like a hoax news report...
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X