• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    America's intervention in Afghanistan was a response to the events of Sept 11 2001.

When the media talks of the decade long search for ObL, it is from this period in 2001 when America invaded Afghanistan in search of ObL and his Taliban hosts. This was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. After many terrorist acts orchestrated by ObL and his followers against American interests in Africa, the Middle East and on US soil.
    Of course it was in response to the events to 9-11. What I meant was that Obama had pulled troops out of Iraq and focused more on Afghanistan. Which should of been the focus in the first place.

Since 1996, certain sections of the American intelligence community have lamented the fact that ObL had escaped apprehension because of the information that he could have provided...
    Ok and ? He was an ex-CIA trained individual that went rogue. From that point on he was an enemy of the US and needed to be put down.

No, I'm not refering to Blackwater...I'm refering to the Obama administration who have gloated about the operation and turned it into a media circus...I think there's something seriously wrong with entering a sovereign nation without the knowledge of the host government and executing people...
    A media circus is showing Saddams hanging, not about osama's execution. Show the dead islamobastard to the world and to his followers that they will not be able to attack the US without payback.There will be no place to hide, only in the caves and only for so long.

We often get critisised for training these people than going against them. Youd be naive to think this hasnt been happening since the beginning of time. You can debate right or wrong but at the end of the day it is what it is.

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Wired Photo Project: Submit Your Best Situation Room LOL Pic

This photo of the White House Situation Room during the mission against Osama bin Laden quickly became an internet meme

It’s an intense photo of a historic moment — so naturally the internet made a joke out of it.

Within hours, threads popped up on Boing Boing and Reddit showing countless new versions of the picture, photoshopped to include everything from the royal wedding flower girl to, sigh, The Situation. (Wired.com alum Alexis Madrigal posted a nice collection of them.)

We’d like to keep the meme alive by inviting Wired.com readers to send in their best Situation Room photo edits. Submit and vote with the handy Reddit widget below. We’ll post the best of the best in a photo gallery on Wired.com.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/...-room-lol-pic/

Obama with PlayStation in the Situation Room

Oh no! A bluescreen!

3d

May the Force be with LOL

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Onur those are priceless.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Voltron, one of the points was that ObL was considered a high value target for the intelligence community since 1996 at least. One wonders what had changed in May 2011, that execution all of a sudden, became the preferred option.

You still haven't addressed the disturbing issue of a foreign government violating the rights of a sovereign nation in peacetime, deploying a hit squad to execute nationals of that country and an alleged 'fugitive'...I'm sure there's a list of international violations as long as your arm from a legal perspective, as well as a few questions regarding ethics but I guess you're not really too interested in these points...

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Voltron, one of the points was that ObL was considered a high value target for the intelligence community since 1996 at least. One wonders what had changed in May 2011, that execution all of a sudden, became the preferred option.

You still haven't addressed the disturbing issue of a foreign government violating the rights of a sovereign nation in peacetime, deploying a hit squad to execute nationals of that country and an alleged 'fugitive'...I'm sure there's a list of international violations as long as your arm from a legal perspective, as well as a few questions regarding ethics but I guess you're not really too interested in these points...
            Russia did the same thing in taking out a chechen islamofascist somewhere in Arabia not to long ago. Its all fair game if the host country is complicit to mass murdererers of civilians on foreign soil.

As far as what changed, the " day of rage uprisings " in the Middle East pretty much answers that question. The revolt of "democratization" in the Middle East has weakened and completely compromised alqaida's influence and ideology in the region. Alqaida are getting more irrelevent by the day. The guy was getting sloppy and his time was up. Simple.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
              • May 2010

Al Qaeda just confirmed that Bin Laden is dead so I guess it's true after all.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
                Al Qaeda just confirmed that Bin Laden is dead so I guess it's true after all.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...e-attacks?bn=1
                Lay off the booze it's making you sound like the UMD - if you read it in the Toronto Star then it MUST be a fact.

Al Qaeda is connect to the people that killed him - CIA
                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

Here's a brand new video from The Zeitgeist Movement.
                  YouTube - TZM Response to Media Death of Osama bin Laden

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

has anyone hears how the whitehouse doctored the photos of the tv session so that no women would be present??So it's true bin ladin is dead but they are lying about a lot of other things.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

This story is fact in certain places and huge in holes in others

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        has anyone hears how the whitehouse doctored the photos of the tv session so that no women would be present??So it's true bin ladin is dead but they are lying about a lot of other things.
                        George S.,

I believe you may have misinterpreted the news you have read and are referring to. Specifically, I refer to your mention of who doctored the photo in the situation room. Perhaps the following article may be of assistance:

New York paper Di Tzeitung removed Clinton from a photograph of Barack Obama and his staff monitoring the Bin Laden raid

Comment

• Zarni
                          Banned
                          • May 2011

Watching the obviously last doctored video release of a lost Osama in his supposed compound I am to believe he committed such a sophisticated attack on American soil and was a threat to the Well being of the World, come on.

The death of America, America is no longer the Republic the Foundation fathers created.

Comment

Working...
                          X