• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    It was spelled as "pitty party".

On a more interesting note Buktop, what is all this "tea movement" about in USA? Sounds like something useful for Macedonia to me.
    It was a spelling mistake, I am sure that you realized what I was saying.

As for the Tea Movement, it is more of a protest about the US government taxing its citizens for the stimulus package that it passed last year.

How is that useful for Macedonia?
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
      Thank's for going into bat Buktop, but I wouldn't bother. The crowd will no doubt take you by the neck for supporting also
      I am already in the dog house, so to speak.

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

At what stage would you switch from being constructive to destructive? What would be the deal-breaker? For me it is honesty and transparency or lack thereof.
        Well to each his own, I personally will never stop being constructive, if there is any chance of changing something for the better, then I will try my best.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
          As for the Tea Movement, it is more of a protest about the US government taxing its citizens for the stimulus package that it passed last year.

How is that useful for Macedonia?
          It is the type and sentiment of protest as opposed to the reason for the protest I am interested in.

Some notions:
          "pure people-driven politics facilitated by the Internet."
          "our chance to communicate our anger and opposition to the irresponsible policies of politicians in Macedonia who have failed to solve problems."
          "this land is still owned by the people."
          "the nature of the coverage of the protests has become part of the story."

Imagine if the victim personalities prevalent in Macedonia rose up and empowered themselves in the above fashion. Do you think we would be facing cultural extinction right now?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

It is the type and sentiment of protest as opposed to the reason for the protest I am interested in.

Some notions:
            "pure people-driven politics facilitated by the Internet."
            "our chance to communicate our anger and opposition to the irresponsible policies of politicians in Macedonia who have failed to solve problems."
            "this land is still owned by the people."
            "the nature of the coverage of the protests has become part of the story."

Imagine if the victim personalities prevalent in Macedonia rose up and empowered themselves in the above fashion. Do you think we would be facing cultural extinction right now?
            It is a nice thought, and I agree that it would be great if we could have some sort of internal movement of protest but, unfortunately, the average citizen does not possess a basic knowledge of the issues we are facing right now. I think the polls that TM posted attest to this.

The first step is educating, I forget but it was either here or on Maknews, someone proposed a Diaspora media outlet in Macedonia to relay the sentiments and the information from the Diaspora to the people in Macedonia. I think this would be a great idea, and it could prove more beneficial in terms of mutual understanding and education.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
              It is a nice thought, and I agree that it would be great if we could have some sort of internal movement of protest but, unfortunately, the average citizen does not possess a basic knowledge of the issues we are facing right now. I think the polls that TM posted attest to this.

The first step is educating, I forget but it was either here or on Maknews, someone proposed a Diaspora media outlet in Macedonia to relay the sentiments and the information from the Diaspora to the people in Macedonia. I think this would be a great idea, and it could prove more beneficial in terms of mutual understanding and education.
              An excellent idea Buktop!
              A Diaspora Media Outlet.
              Now all we have to do is figure out what the Diaspora thinks is good for Macedonia.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

An excellent idea Buktop!
                A Diaspora Media Outlet.
                Now all we have to do is figure out what the Diaspora thinks is good for Macedonia.
                To be honest, it wasn't my idea, I forget who proposed it, but I do think it would be beneficial.

Well since people here have been working so hard to outline the Macedonian cause, why not use that as a basis? The hardest part would be to finance and market the project in Macedonia.

Comment

• MP_MK
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

This was the first Kanal 5 clip, missed this one.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

MP, Just so you know on Thursday's edition of Ico Najdovski's radio he has an interview with Ambassador Pero Stojanovski and he talks about Mike Rann.

www.3zzz.com.au and klick on thursdays edition on the Macedonian Language Program.

Any sign of the Sitel news footage?
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• MP_MK
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

Thank you.

I have the Sitel footage here, will get it uploaded to youtube asap.

Comment

• MP_MK
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

Sitel have also used the footage in a clip last night, regarding the broader Name issue with greece. I will receive and upload shortly also.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

MP, Let us know when you upload it
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• sf.
                            • Jan 2010

Just curious: you suggested that a grass-roots movement should occur in Macedonia, and that a foreign-sourced media outlet should educate the masses. How would this work? And how would the people receive (attitudes not medium) this information from the diaspora?

And the (modern) tea parties are far from a grass-roots movement. They're staged and supported by a machine, and have already been hijacked in a money-making scheme to support a few politicians in their campaigns. They're about as spontaneous as the protests organised by SDSM in Macedonia.
                            Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

I recall making the suggestion some time ago, that we (Diaspora) could pool some of our finances together and (as shareholders) buy a controlling interest in one of Macedonia's mainstream media groups, or seek to start one up.

It would not be unlike the German owned WAZ Media Group who own three of the biggest Macedonian newspapers, Dnevnik, Utrinski Vesnik and Vest (coincidentally, they're the newspapers pushing for a name change). As a side note, Srgjan Kerim is General Manager for South-Eastern Europe of the WAZ Media Group.

They are 'foreign owned', but have Macedonians (locals) working as journalists and editors, which is why they're so 'well received'.

However, the ultimate 'direction' or view comes from the top, and those foreign owned newspapers, which happen to be the biggest in Macedonia, are all pushing for a name change and were all praising the Framework Agreement and so on.

So a Diaspora-owned media group, which holds a pro-Macedonian position, employing Macedonians living in the Republic as journalists, and ultimately owned and ran by Macedonians with a Macedonian perspective, will (in my opinion) be far better received.
                              Last edited by Rogi; 02-15-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Rogi, George Atanasovski already own Makedonsko Sonce, do you think we can do a better job to control the Macedonian Media?

Comment

Working...
                                X