X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Offensive discussions

If a Macedonian in the Diaspora whose heritage is from the Republic ever tries to tell me that I am less of a Macedonian than them (because my people come from ... now ... Greece) ... I will tear out his heart. I saw an example of a similar discussion on Maknews today.

What weak little minded people would suggest such a thing. It should be remembered that it is infinitely more being difficult to be a Macedonian in Greece than it is being a Macedonian in the Republic. And yet all of us are nervously sitting on our hands as we pray one of our Republic's leaders does not sell our identity out from beneath us. It may even be understood that it sometimes is hard to be a Macedonian in the Republic if we are to take note of people like Frckovski etc.

Dare I say, most Macedonians in the Diaspora who came with the first wave of immigrants fled from Greece. Most Macedonians from the Republic came much later to their new countries. Whilst they left for a better life, they certainly had intimate knowledge of their Serbian oppressors. They had first hand knowledge of Serbian life. Just as my people knew much about Greek life.

Tragically, being an oppressed race, we have cultural skeletons in each of our respective closets.

If someone asks me what have the Egejci done for the Macedonian cause. My answer would be clear ... we were doing it all by ourselves for many years whilst many Macedonians of Yugoslavia were enjoying unprecedented economic prosperity under the ever watchful eye of the Serbian wolves.

We Egejci have probably been in our new countries one generation longer than our Northern brothers. Hopefully we do not lose our passion too soon. But equally hopefully, some people might look back at what was created for them (and by whom) so that life is a little easier for them in their new countries now.

Instead of looking at what we have in common, some people look for the differences. A typical "victim/slave" mentality that will ensure our oppressor's goals are achieved. Wake up Macedonians.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Well said brother, all of my ancestry is from the Bitola region and I have never looked at the Macedonians south (east, west, north for that matter) of the border as anything but Macedonians. Our people need to be united in mind and spirit, even if there was only one good Macedonian left beyond the borders of the Republic and the rest were sellouts, that one still deserves our acknowledgement and support.

A sellout is a sellout, regardless which end of our common fatherland they stem from.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Coolski
      • Sep 2008

We are all ethnic Macedonians, and we must share burdens and success. The existence of a Grkoman or a Srboman should bear the same burden on me (descended from Bitolsko) as it should from someone descended from Voden.

Why should we label good Macedonians from aegean Macedonia as grkomani just because a sellout has come from a place near them? Are we now discriminating fellow Macedonians based on geography?! Not good. How many more freakin' divisions do we need to have for crying out loud!
      Last edited by Coolski; 03-15-2009, 07:01 PM.
      - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
      - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
        • Sep 2008

Its a shame of a thread, and I am ashamed to even have been goated into responding, but when I see a great fellow in Mikhail being attacked, I sometimes let emotions get the better of me, it is truly shameful that we cannot all just be one and the same
        Last edited by MapleLeaf1; 03-15-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

A Macedonian is a Macedonian. No suffixes or prefixes. We all should have a common goal - to preserve our Macedonian way of life
          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I just returned from a funeral for a wonderful lady.
            Her name is Tsana Filipov.
            She was born in selo Visheni, Kostur, Macedonia. Her father was an Albanian, her mother was a Macedonian. She was an extremely intelligent woman and I am quite sure she would have known how to speak Albanian, Greek and some Turkish as well as Macedonian.

She moved to selo Dolno Kotori as a young girl and met Pandil. They ended married and spent their adult lives in Adelaide. Tsana was a rock for the Macedonian community and led the women's committees for many years. Prepared banquets for guests of our community. Was the guardian of tradition within the community.

Bog da ya prosti.

She might not have been good enough to be called a Macedonian by some simpletons. But in my mind, she was nothing but a Macedonian and of the finest sort.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

frank and his brother robevski are losing the plot, posting shit like that is offensive and destructive to all macedonians. i dont know what their motives are but they have gone too far this time. their take on macedonians in particular and the world in general is based on their limited personal experiences.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

limited personal experiences
                People can go through an entire life with such an affliction.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

I want to make a point here, there is no use in tackling this issue by using the same tactics as the (non-existent) "other" side, as some people seem to be doing at the place where the initial discussion of this topic took place. The below is a typical example:
                  Robevski's attitude is very common amongst some Macedonians from the Vardar part, especially the younger more Serbianized ones
                  While I am of the opinion that Frank and his brother could have delivered their message in a different way and with more constructive criticism the way Skapan did, and I disagree with their notion that all Egejci should be viewed as Grcista (I don't think they really believe that too, but there seems to be some resentment there), I don't think they are Srbomani. Therefore, how does one distinguish what they have said and what is quoted above? Isn't that tit-for-tat and divisive? Rather than going to the root of the problem, some prefer to conjure Serbadonians.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

A Macedonian is no more or less Macedonian if he or she comes from the Republic, Aegean or Pirin. We are all Macedonians.
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      A Macedonian is no more or less Macedonian if he or she comes from the Republic, Aegean or Pirin. We are all Macedonians.
                      You are correct.
                      But the Macedonians from the Republic should be carrying the torch for all Macedonians. They should be setting the benchmarks for our identity. We finally have some leaders who have displayed a tiny bit of integrity. We need to see more of this.

I have cousins in Greece who are highly educated. They are eloquent and intelligent people when they speak Greek. They sound like peasants when they speak Macedonian. Do you think the Macedonians from the Republic
                      tolerate these people? It needs work from both sides, but the "welcome mat" needs to be put out by the Macedonians from the Republic.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        You are correct.
                        But the Macedonians from the Republic should be carrying the torch for all Macedonians. They should be setting the benchmarks for our identity. We finally have some leaders who have displayed a tiny bit of integrity. We need to see more of this.

I have cousins in Greece who are highly educated. They are eloquent and intelligent people when they speak Greek. They sound like peasants when they speak Macedonian. Do you think the Macedonians from the Republic
                        tolerate these people? It needs work from both sides, but the "welcome mat" needs to be put out by the Macedonians from the Republic.
                        Risto, I understand exactly what you mean in regards to your cusins, I am in many aspects like them, being raised in the diaspora without a formal schooling in Macedonian, I am also speaking in a peasant dialect, many think I speak funny but are always surprised of my knowledge about Macedonia. Some people are ignorant Risto and there will always be.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I don't think many Macedonians can keep up with your knowledge Daskale!
                          The Greeks welcome anyone who develops a Greek consciousness .... I wonder if Macedonians will ever even welcome their own people.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            I don't think many Macedonians can keep up with your knowledge Daskale!
                            The Greeks welcome anyone who develops a Greek consciousness .... I wonder if Macedonians will ever even welcome their own people.
                            Thank you for your kind words Risto, this is a must otherwise we will be our own greatest enemy.

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

Типично Македонска работа Ристо.

Нека си затнат муцката и да не тропат глупости.

Македонец е Македонец каде и да е..........
                              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X