X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
    Give it a few days, maybe it will appear in the amazon.com.au site and the shipping/cost will be less.
    I hope so, definitely would fancy a read of this.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

This is what I get on Australian Amazon

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Okay, thanks for snapping that. Being that some of my other books are on the amazon.au website, I'm sure this one will be in that marketplace soon. Just might take a few days. I'll let you know if I see any changes to that status.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Okay, thanks for snapping that. Being that some of my other books are on the amazon.au website, I'm sure this one will be in that marketplace soon. Just might take a few days. I'll let you know if I see any changes to that status.
          Appreciate that.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            Appreciate that.
            It's now in the AU amazon store. What's the cost showing? Is it fairly reasonable?

Comment

• Apr 2014

It's now in the AU amazon store. What's the cost showing? Is it fairly reasonable?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Uncomforta...9873062&sr=1-7
              $25 AUD, so just under $18 USD

Comment

• Stevce
                • Jan 2016

Wow very interesting thread. Here is a video from 1922
                Клипот е од големите македонски демонстрации на МАКЕДОНСКАТА ПОЛИТИЧКА ОРГАНИЗАЦИЈА во 1922 г. со кои македонската емиграција бараше СОЗДАВАЊЕ МАКЕДОНСКА НАЦ...

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                  Wow very interesting thread. Here is a video from 1922
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4-CI5URIA
                  Classic. Though I swear I've seen posts of the same video claiming it to be at a later date? Like late 20s or early 30s.

Would anyone actually be able to confirm when this rally took place?

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

This video is not from 1922. The MPO had its first organizational meeting in 1922 and they didn't have any of these parades organized and only had delegates from 7 or 8 cities attending. I believe this video in particular is from the early 1930s, maybe 1932.

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

The description is also wrong. It says MPO was infiltrated by Chkatroff and Lebamoff in 1956 and that MPO became an anti-Makedonski organization then. That's wrong. Chkatroff was sent by Todor Aleksandrov in 1924, and Lebamoff was on its first Central Committee formed in 1922. The Bulgarian fascists were there since its foundations, but it wasn't until the late 1920s (and particulalry 1930) when the MPO decided to align with Mihajlov in the Mihajlovists v. Protogerovists war going in in IMRO. Many left-wing Macedonians and anti-Bulgarian fascists left MPO at this time because they wanted MPO to remain a neutral Macedonian organization.

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Congrats vicsinad on your latest book!

During your research did you come across the name Luben Dimitroff?

Was curious to know who he was and where was he from. There is a short clip on youtube from his funeral procession that the MPO organized in the 1960s. He wished to be buried in Toronto because at the time it was the largest Macedonian colony outside of the Balkans.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XoNy7tD5Q8

Comment

• vicsinad
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          Congrats vicsinad on your latest book!

During your research did you come across the name Luben Dimitroff?

Was curious to know who he was and where was he from. There is a short clip on youtube from his funeral procession that the MPO organized in the 1960s. He wished to be buried in Toronto because at the time it was the largest Macedonian colony outside of the Balkans.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XoNy7tD5Q8
                          Thanks!

Yes, I did. After the Mihajlov/Protogerov splits, the Tribune editor (Zografoff) resigned from the MPO because he didn't want to align the MPO with Mihajlov. The MPO then voted to bring Luben Dimitroff from Sofia, because he was close to Mihajlov.

Actually, in 1999 the CIA released a 1953 classified document that stated Dimitroff was Mihajlov's man in America. Specifically, the 1953 report said:

"The US branch of the IMRO is the Macedonian Political Organization [MPO] which, through its secretary Luben Dimitroff, acts as a money raising organ to support Ivan Mihailov. Dimitroff is completely subservient to Mihailov who sets the policy for MPO activities in the US. Dimitroff and several of his staff are paid for their work, while Ivan Mihailov receives approximately US $8,000 per year plus expenses. Although the money to pay the salaries is raised in the US very few people know that Ivan Mihailov is hiding in Italy under an assumed name which unfortunately, I do not know."

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Dimitroff was indeed 'Macedonian' (roots from Macedonia), but I use that term loosely.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Currently going for $28 AUD ($20 USD)

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

Below is another example of an MPO affiliated church advertising itself as a "Macedonian Orthodox Church". circa 1960

(official name: St. Mary's Bulgarian-Macedonian Orthodox Church, Syracuse, NY)

Comment

Working...
                                X