X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnMKD
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    John, you are among Macedonian brothers, but you've obviously misinterpreted what we're trying to say. What exactly do you see as offensive in what I have written? You have an added affinity to where you are from as opposed to where I am from, because, while we both live in states outside of the Macedonian state, you still reside (or did before Italy) in Macedonian territory, despite the fact that it falls within Greek borders today. Is that untrue?
    Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    John,

I/we don't believe otherwise, I'm not sure what has offended you. I was trying to explain the technical issue of formal designation and building connection toward Greece.

If the whole Macedonia happened to be under Greece's borders and if most of Macedonians including me were raised with the conscience of belongining to a Greek state (through the educational system, society, enviroment), but not excluding the local ethnic Macedonian origin, it's very posibile I would carry the 'institutional identity' of being 'Greek' as part of me too.

That's my opinion, of why a person could felt connected to the institution - the State (Greece or Macedonia) where he lives.
    Sorry, guys. I do apologise. I totally misunderstood your words and intentions. It's been really tough at work and I think I'm starting to lose even the small brain that I have. I also believe the same, as you do about my region being a part of Greek territory and about how Greek consciousness is/(can be) created.
    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Homer MakeDonski View Post
      JohnMKD has asked ,
      What's in a name?

Our old neighbors from India will give you this answer:
      World of Mother
      माँ की दुनिया
      Mām̐ kī duniyā

You may check out for yourself.
      After pressing of sound button (google chrome providing it )
      You can even hear the Haven voice pronunciation

This is URDU

ماں کے عالمی

Pronounce :
      Ma Kee Dunia

Meaning: World of Mother

Do check out at the uncle Google on line translator

No sound provided
      But we always could ask someone of Pakistan or Afghan people
      Last edited by Homer MakeDonski; 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Do people know that the 51% of macedonia was allways called macedonia prior to 1912.It's only after being partitioned illegally by greece did it call it macedonia in the 1980's.Do people know that greece had never occupied macedonian territory before.
        after the 1980's & with the fact that the rom became independent.Greece has tried evry trick in the book to say that the macedonians were greek.But we know that is a big lie.They are just masquerading to be macedonians.They are not or have not any macedonians.All some one could say was hey they were born in macedonia from prosfeges.!
        Last edited by George S.; 10-06-2010, 06:37 PM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ArMakedon
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
          Hey everybody! First of all, I'm new here and I'd like to say that I hope this forum would be at last a ground of civilised discussion and goodwill between the two sides. So, help me understand your views while understanding also mine.

I currently live in Italy, but I'm 100% Greek, of which 50% Macedonian, 25% Cappadocian and 25% Ionian (Asia Minor).
          Ha has DID.
          "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him." — Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

What are you on about now? How about you take the time to read through his other posts and the progress he has made discovering his roots before you jump all over a topic that was addressed several month ago? Perhaps you should make an effort to discover your own Macedonian roots rather than pretending to be some 'Aryan'. Is that possible? Or is your mind still stuck in stormfront mode?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

The title 'Whats in a name?" or "A Name is a Name" whichever one your chose is very ambiguous.

I heard it from a non-Macedonian yesterday that she thought the title means "Its no big deal" and that "a name is nothing".

Comment

Working...
              X