X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coleman
    • Aug 2017

Ethnic and religious background of Bosniaks

I am talking about the Bosniaks, not Bosnians. What is their historical background, both ethnic and religious?
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

YouTube Video - Citations in Serbo-Croatian/Croato-Serbian language.
    Ovo je prvi moj video o Bošnjacima, a ako Bog da biće ih još više. Bošnjaci nisu nastali 90-ih godina 20.stoljeća, spominju se već odavno, kao Dobri Bošnjani.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

Bosnia has parallels to Macedonia. Their name is claimed by non-Bosnians and their country is under threat of partition.
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Coleman
        • Aug 2017

Slav: one of a group of peoples in eastern, southeastern, and central Europe, including the Russians and Ruthenians (Eastern Slavs) the Bulgars, Serbs, Croats, Slavonians, Slovenes, etc. (Southern Slavs) and the Poles, Czechs, Moravians, Slovaks, etc. (Western Slavs)
        source: dictionary.com
        Are the Bosniaks not included in that definition?

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Coleman View Post
          Are the Bosniaks not included in that definition?
          They are.

There are some nowadays who are claiming that Bosniaks are mostly Illyrians. One such individual is Muamer Zukorlić - who is the President and Chief Mufti of the Islamic Community in Serbia. There are also theories that they are of partial Gothic stock.

„Goti u Bosni: Da li su i koliko Goti preci Bošnjaka?“ bila je tema tribine koju je organizirao Forum bošnjačkih intelektualaca a uvodničari su bili prof.dr....

- In Bosnia, with 40 percent is dominant the Illyrian, indigenous component, then Gothic at 20 percent, and thereafter it is Celtic and Slavic, so Bosnia could be called Iliria, while Suljić-Boškailo points to the Gothic component, which is more present in BiH, and the Goths were Germans - Kurtćehajić said.
          Last edited by Carlin; 05-25-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Thorvald
            • Jan 2009

Over the years I've read various different views and explanations about the origin of Bosniaks...From Illyrian, Celtic, Slavic, to Turkish origin..But its the internet afterall, easy to manipulate I guess.
            But its the internet, hard to believe everything you come across too.
            https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
            European preservation

Comment

• Amphipolis
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

According to My-Heritage-DNA Bosnia and Serbia have an almost identical DNA mix which is no surprise. In comparison, Croatia and Slovenia are distinctly more northern, i.e. more Slavic & German.

Ethnicity list for Europe - Learn about the ethnic makeup of the UK, Germany, Norway and other countries in Europe. Explore ethnic groups such as Irish, Scandinavian or Italian, and discover your origins with MyHeritage DNA!

Comment

• Thorvald
                • Jan 2009

I must admit that I find the Gothic part fascinating...But is it really so?
                https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
                European preservation

Comment

Working...
                X