• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Who organised the first Olympic games ?

Who organised the first Olympic games ?

ВО ЧЕСТ НА ПОБЕДАТА ВРЗ ПЕРСИЈА И ОТСТРАНУВАЊЕ НА ПЕРСИСКАТА ОКУПАЦИЈА ВРЗ МАКЕДОНИЈА, АЛЕКСАНДАР ПРВИ ГИ ОРГАНИЗИРА ОЛИМПИСКИТЕ ИГРИ НА СЕВЕРНАТА СТРАНА ОД СВЕТАТА ПЛАНИНА ОЛИМП... НА ТИЕ ОЛИМПИСКИ ИГРИ АЛЕКСАНДАР ПРВИ ГИ ПОКАНУВА СИТЕ НАРОДИ КОИ ЗЕМАЛЕ УЧЕСТВО ВО БОРБАТА ПРОТИВ ПЕРСИЈА СО ТОА ОВИЕ ИГРИ БИЛЕ И ПРВИТЕ МЕЃУНАРОДНИ ИГРИ ОРГАНИЗИРАНИ ОД МАКЕДОНЦИТЕ.

Google Translator:-
    IN HONOR OF victory over Persia and removal of Persian occupation on Macedonia, Alexander I organize the Olympic Games on the north side of the Holy Mount Olympus ... OF THESE Olympics Alexander I invites all nations who took part in FIGHTING Persia thus these games were the first international games organized by the Macedonians.

Bill Alexander ORGANIZER IS ONE OF MACEDONIA ruler moments OF SBETATA Mount Olympus , the Macedonian territory BO ... Exactly on the north side of the Holy Mount Olympus ... Mountain bordering AND NATIONS THAT CO Thessaly were Helen , NO CITIES COUNTRIES, BUT monarchy with the monarch , ...

From here THEORY THAT THESE GAMES WERE Hellenic ( Greek) is incorrect and NOT logical, since they did not even exist , because FUTURE Hellenic territories were under TERMOBILI ... UNDER TESALIJA , Aetolia and AKARANIJA ... IF YOU WERE ONLY THEN WILL Hellenic held their territory NOT IN NO Hellenic countries such as Macedonia , .. SETA theory for the Olympics as just Hellenic invented , inaccurate and illogical.

While Macedonian ruler Vasileoc - BAS Ile OS Archelaus continued the tradition started HEGOVIOT great - GRANDFATHER Macedonian ruler Vasileoc - BAS Ile OS Alexander I and introduced holiday Olympia , who was a religious holiday in athletic competitions in honor of the victory over the Persians , the Ile - God of the Sun and the Temple of muses in Ile - God of the Sun. The greatest athletes and umentnici been collected in one spot for this event on the north side of the Holy Mount Olympus . Taka uchestvototo with more people sporting event he had an international character .

Archelaus I - a man of culture

After the collapse of the Macedonian monarchy, the Olympic Games were banned by the Romans'' for maintaining law and order.''

Olympic Games 1896 were recovered fraudulently Re ... That the ancient Olympic games were'' GREEK''. How is it possible? When Greece at that time did not exist and had been maintained on Macedonian territory, ORGANIZERS WERE A Macedonian rulers.

Taken from History of Macedonia
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Very interesting indeed

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
      Banned
      • Jan 2014

In case you are confused by the above article the following link may help you.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I knew this already that the Macedonians organised the Olympics.The word ol or il means sun.Th e worshipping of the sun.As someone said it was Macedonian territory.The greeks going on about how it was all grerek is just plain garbage.Even the mountain mt Olympus named as ol impic sun mountain.THE GREEKS CANNOT EVEN ADMIT TO their celebrating the Macedonian festival.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
          In case you are confused by the above article the following link may help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...various_places
          You really like wikipedia dont you? I wonder why?

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
            Banned
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            You really like wikipedia dont you? I wonder why?
            Well, for instance Wikipedia can help those who confuse Olympia and Olympus

If the author of the above article could use internet he wouldn't have written it. What makes the (very) first Olympic Games (776 BC) very important for Greeks is that they used this occasion to count time, the way we use today the birth of Christ.

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
              Well, for instance Wikipedia can help those who confuse Olympia and Olympus

If the author of the above article could use internet he wouldn't have written it. What makes the (very) first Olympic Games (776 BC) very important for Greeks is that they used this occasion to count time, the way we use today the birth of Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Olympic_Games
              Hello Thessa I see that you have found your way back here. So for how long will you stay this time around?
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                Banned
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                Hello Thessa I see that you have found your way back here. So for how long will you stay this time around?
                More than 191 posts, so that I break my record.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Very interesting indeed
                  It could have been if the article actually provided sources to back up its assertions. But as it stands, it is more vague and misleading than anything else. The Macedonians under Archelaus I (not Alexander I) did develop their own Macedonian Olympics, but the games at Olympia in the Peloponnese were celebrated from an earlier period. What irritates me about such 'articles' is that the absence of corroboration encourages ignorant people to write things like this:
                  Originally posted by GeorgeS
                  THE GREEKS CANNOT EVEN ADMIT TO their celebrating the Macedonian festival.
                  Granted, there are some equally 'fantastic' articles written by Greeks and others. But that doesn't mean we should stoop to such levels. Macedonians need to be more critical, and smarter.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    It could have been if the article actually provided sources to back up its assertions. But as it stands, it is more vague and misleading than anything else. The Macedonians under Archelaus I (not Alexander I) did develop their own Macedonian Olympics, but the games at Olympia in the Peloponnese were celebrated from an earlier period. What irritates me about such 'articles' is that the absence of corroboration encourages ignorant people to write things like this:

Granted, there are some equally 'fantastic' articles written by Greeks and others. But that doesn't mean we should stoop to such levels. Macedonians need to be more critical, and smarter.
                    It doesn't mean that there weren't any sources but you are absolutely right. Using the same tactics as our fabulous neighbors is not the route we want to go.

I was a bit confused about the article because correct me if I am wrong but, Macedonians were not permitted to participate in the Olympic games at Olympia because they were not greek correct? Alexander the Great was only allowed to participate because he traced his lineage back to Hercules thus making him "greek".

So these were a different Olympic games or is that also not clear?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

It doesn't mean that there weren't any sources.....
                      There were no sources provided in the article. Check the link.
                      I was a bit confused about the article because correct me if I am wrong but, Macedonians were not permitted to participate in the Olympic games at Olympia because they were not greek correct?
                      The first Macedonian alleged to have participated is Alexander I. I say alleged, because, although Alexander apparently tied in first place with another competitor during a particular event, his name does not appear on any of the victor's lists at the Olympic Games, nor does that of any other Macedonian until well into the reign of Alexander the Great. And in the period between Alexander I to Phillip II, no Macedonian is connected to the Olympics, which is why Archelaus created his own Macedonian Olympics.
                      Alexander the Great was only allowed to participate because he traced his lineage back to Hercules thus making him "greek".
                      It was Alexander I, not Alexander III (known later as the Great). Even if one were to accept the story about Alexander I and the Olympics, the Hellenes of the time bitterly contested his inclusion. The fact that he even had to 'prove' his lineage speaks volumes. It was only when he (or Herodotus or both) apparently manufactured a mythical pedigree by misrepresenting Macedonian Argos (around the area of present-day Kostur) with Peloponnesian Argos, thus linking him to Heracles, was he "accepted" (not as a Macedonian, but as a Heraclidae, thus excluding the Macedonian people). Macedonians were accepted in the Olympics probably after Greece was conquered by Macedonia, but then so was the Roman emperor Nero after Greece was conquered by Rome.
                      So these were a different Olympic games or is that also not clear?
                      The Macedonian games were held in Dion. They were different to the games held by the Hellenes at Olympia.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                      X