X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
    Here's a view on how it is expected to look. Simply awesome, can't wait to see the final product!

it will be a sight and event to behold!!

I hope the proportions are accurate but we cannot know for now... and Alexander will be facing a different direction of the video 2014 is anything to go by...

The water show:

YouTube - Alexander the Great Fountain - Skopje 2014

This one has the artwork on the tower :
    YouTube - Skopje (Macedonia) - fontana di Alessandro il grande

Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

Vangelovski
      The history of the region, according to existing statues, shows us that a Bulgarian fathered a Greek who was acknowledged as being non-Macedonian by a multi-national state called FYROM.
      It is not exactly like that because the Bulgarian Filip II Makedonski (and they, unlike the VASSALS in Skopje, have no issues calling him Macedonian/Makedonski) is there not because he is seen as a Bulgarian progenitor (though Bulgarians do not deny that they have Thracian predecessors as well as some Macedonian blood, especially for the ones they see as Bulgaro-Macedonians) but as the founder of their city of Plovdiv, which was formerly known as Philippopolis in the Koine language (Pulpudava in Thracian). But Bulgarians also state that King Filip II and the Macedonians of his era were Greek, which is very close (if not exactly the same) to what Vassals in Skopje have conceded with the signing of the “Interim Accord”!

Volk #26
      stating he is a world figure does not eliminate him from being Macedonian... that's your interpretation...
      Me thinks you are clutching at straws here, mate!

I dont approve of the language used by the government but have a feeling it will change once the statue is erected.
      Having a “feeling” is not admissible as proof as your “feeling” for other matters has shown to be little more than blind faith in the VASSALS and totally unfounded.

EgejskaMakedonia #28
      Do you suggest we just denounce our historial figures and allow the Greeks or Bulgarians to claim our history?
      Of course that is not what I suggest or propose but I do call that we all renounce our treasonous politicians and DEMAND and reclaim ALL our historical, cultural and national rights in their totality. That means we don't succumb to the VASSAL mentality of accepting demeaning names and subservient political postures for the outside world and pretend to be Macedonians and patriots at home, behind closed doors.

However, they all claim these figures as their own
      Bulgarians have not claimed Filip II Makedonski as their own, not yet in any case and, as far as I am aware, particularly not the mainstream historians.

so I do not see the harm in erecting a statue of Aleksandar Makedonski in Skopje. Like I said, the government can say what they want, but it is ultimately up to the Macedonian people to recognise and pride themselves on who they really are.

Don't you agree?
      You need to think a bit deeper about the pros and cons of what you are saying above because this kind of attitude leads Macedonians to deceive and delude themselves about quite a number of matters of vital national importance and opens the way to conditioning the mindset into accepting very compromising and nationally destructive solutions.

Secondly, this all feels like a pre-election gimmickry and I have doubts that the statute will go up at all as there has been a statue of Filip II in Bitola ready and complete for more than a year and it is not up yet. Let them put that one up first before you guys get all excited about the one in Skopje. And also remember how they MUTILATED those Macedonian Sun Shields in Bitola in order to display adherence to the “Interim Accord”, to which the Skopje VASSALS have committed 200% to implementing!

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
        I am not here to defend governments statements no matter how desperately you want me to.

Disconnect yourself from your hatred from the government and appreciate the statue and what it stands for
        According to those that paid for and built the statues, they are regional/historic figures, one of which has been renamed accordingly - Aleksandar Makedonski renamed to Aleksandar Veliki to fit his regional/worldly character.

Perhaps it is YOU that should take the statues for what they are!
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

I agree with points being made from both sides of the argument. I guess we have to ask ourselves, taking each case individually, does the means justify the end? In this case, I think it does, because although I don't agree with the government claiming it is because he is a 'worldly' figure (the means), the symbolic meaning of such a statue (the end) in Macedonia, for Macedonians, cannot be escaped. And that is irrespective of what some politician says.

So, no thanks to the government and their perceptions (because 'their' money is the people's money at the end of the day), but I am happy that the statues are there, and I look forward to seeing more. And hopefully, one day Macedonia will have a government that respects itself in the international arena and will claim these statues for what they really are, instead of what certain foreigners and their lackeys in Macedonia want them to be.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

SoM not meanign my reply in a negative way just stated i hope our national symbol makes them sick to their stomach. im sorry if how i wrote it wrong but i am a macedonian and my tatko always instilled that in us saying know who you are and where you came from. Ill admist im not the smartest like you guys in history but i want to learn more and i am reading all these posts and the posts from the archives.

Poz
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
              SoM not meanign my reply in a negative way just stated i hope our national symbol makes them sick to their stomach. im sorry if how i wrote it wrong but i am a macedonian and my tatko always instilled that in us saying know who you are and where you came from. Ill admist im not the smartest like you guys in history but i want to learn more and i am reading all these posts and the posts from the archives.

Poz
              Makedonetz, the symbol you are using on your avatar is like sweet milk and honey to "them" (assuming you mean the Greeks).
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Makedonetz, the symbol you are using on your avatar is like sweet milk and honey to "them" (assuming you mean the Greeks).
                Vangelovski, that simble Makedonetz uses as an avatar thats flapping around. Is it not what Hypnotists use to Hypnotize people when spun around in order to get into peoples minds and make them do what is asked of them?

Now it all makes sense why the government uses this symbol
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Poz
                  You can start by changing your avatar to a symbol that is truly Macedonian, and not an artifical one as a result of conditions imposed by Greece.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                    • Apr 2010

id love to anyone know where i can find the original flag resized to add it on>
                    Makedoncite se borat
                    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Poz
                      It wont make us sick to our stomach. Dont get your hopes up.
                      To think that you can undermine how Greeks feel is a mistake and wont happen anytime soon. That said, good luck with the project.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                        • Apr 2010

Good because this has nothing to do with you so go enjoy your fake history.
                        Makedoncite se borat
                        za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

It has a lot to do with Greece Makedonetz. You cant change that, no matter how many ATG statues you build.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

This is the Statue of Alexander of Macedon made of bronze which will be placed on top of the fountain in the very centre of Skopje - the central city square Macedonia.
                            It is going to be the LARGEST and TALLEST statue of an equestrian in the world: 22 meters.

Now just to get an idea of the size of it…there is a Statue called The Equestrian, portrays Mexican conquistador Don Juan de Onate riding a rearing Andalusian stallion

EX- World's largest equestrian bronze installed

It looks similar to the Statue of Alexander of Macedon

But have a look at the size of the The Equestrian in proportion to when a person is standing next to it..

So having that size of a Statue on the Fountain in total of 22m..it will look MASSIVE and IMPRESSIVE…!!!!!!!!!!!
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

its Massive!!! amazing !!!
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

It is massive, should look good.

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                                It has a lot to do with Greece Makedonetz. You cant change that, no matter how many ATG statues you build.
                                Likewise. But, unlike yourselves, you can bet that our people won't be building statues of characters that conquered and occupied our lands thousands of years ago. Perhaps in a crazy world where Israel erects monuments to Hitler, while Poland does the same in Stalin's honour, or where Greece does the same for an Ottoman Sultan...........then again, it is almost akin to the Macedonian government's pathetic and submissive acceptance of ethnic Albanians creating a 'museum' in honour of extremists who terrorised the state in 2000/2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X