X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Daskale, he is an artistic poet
    Am not sure of what statement is being made.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      Babazuba, what is this 'garbage' you post? No disrespect but how old are you?
      First Dedanoe and now this Babazuba, I really hope you're not another racist pretending to be Macedonian.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
        • Jan 2010

Thebes would be best Greek location for Aleksandr's monument erecting

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

The Karatzaferis' funded monument is said to be 6 meters tall, depicting the ancient Macedonian leader on a horse. What is odd concerning Alexander's monument in Greece is that Historians and Archeologists have strongly protested the erection of a monument of Alexander the Great. Their reasoning was that he was a 'foreigner' who invaded the area (Athens, Sparta...).
          Alexander never stepped foot in Lakonia.
          I hate when Athens and Sparta are lumped together like that.... happens way too much
          Last edited by Spartan; 04-12-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
            Alexander never stepped foot in Lakonia.
            I hate when Athens and Sparta are lumped together like that.... happens way too much
            Spartan
            Aleksander didn't need to step foot in Sparta, he recognised his equals! He needed to sort out the boy loving Athenians and turn them into men! lollollol
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Spartan
              • Sep 2008

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Makedonche,

I came across some text while browsing 'google book search' that truly made me laugh.
              It had to do with King Philip being called in by the Peloponesians.
              While most of northern greece Greece was arrayed against macedonia, the Spartans were attacking and pressing their neighbours the Arcadians and Argives so badly, that the weakling peloponessians called king Philip for aid!

King Philip obliged, and invaded lakonia with a very powerful army, an army the lakonians could not resist (around 338 bc i think).
              Anyways, philip laid waist to much of the territory, as well as liberating some cities under Spartan control.
              However, when arriving at Sparta he found the women digging trenches and helping the men get ready to defend the actual city.
              It was at this point, as the text recounts, that Philip decided to turn back.
              he realized that he could never force these stubborn people to recognize him as the leader of hellas, or force them to ask for peace.
              Having no ill will towards the lakonians, he left the city alone and went home, leaving sparti as the only territory in all of hellas independant of the macedonian dominance.

Anyways Makedonche, what I found funny is I pictured Philips face and reaction at the sight of the Spartans getting ready to defend their city after their whole country was laid to waist. I can picture the great king shaking his head, shrugging his shoulders and muttering some 'fuck em' type words under his breath as he rode north!!! lol lol

All I can say is lucky for those Spartans it was Philip who raided them, and not Alexander.....

Anyways, if i can find the original text, ill post it up for you to see.
              Last edited by Spartan; 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Makedonche,

I came across some text while browsing 'google book search' that truly made me laugh.
                It had to do with King Philip being called in by the Peloponesians.
                While most of northern greece Greece was arrayed against macedonia, the Spartans were attacking and pressing their neighbours the Arcadians and Argives so badly, that the weakling peloponessians called king Philip for aid!

King Philip obliged, and invaded lakonia with a very powerful army, an army the lakonians could not resist (around 338 bc i think).
                Anyways, philip laid waist to much of the territory, as well as liberating some cities under Spartan control.
                However, when arriving at Sparta he found the women digging trenches and helping the men get ready to defend the actual city.
                It was at this point, as the text recounts, that Philip decided to turn back.
                he realized that he could never force these stubborn people to recognize him as the leader of hellas, or force them to ask for peace.
                Having no ill will towards the lakonians, he left the city alone and went home, leaving sparti as the only territory in all of hellas independant of the macedonian dominance.

Anyways Makedonche, what I found funny is I pictured Philips face and reaction at the sight of the Spartans getting ready to defend their city after their whole country was laid to waist. I can picture the great king shaking his head, shrugging his shoulders and muttering some 'fuck em' type words under his breath as he rode north!!! lol lol

All I can say is lucky for those Spartans it was Philip who raided them, and not Alexander.....

Anyways, if i can find the original text, ill post it up for you to see.
                Spartan
                LOL Great stuff, sorry offline for a while, look forward to your post!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• kykypajko
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

can we get a list of modern greece's "macedonianization"??

in the late 1980s
                  renaming its northern prefectures to include the word macedonia

in the early 1990s
                  renaming solun's airport

such a list would be handy to show people modern greece's "neighborly relations" & revisionist history

Comment

• Mastika
                    • Feb 2010

It isn't much of a race, it is not like either side is in a hurry to get the statues up.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                      It isn't much of a race, it is not like either side is in a hurry to get the statues up.
                      Read the artical again Mastika. Inparticulor this part,

"Greek daily Proto Thema has announced a political figure in Athens is working around the clock to 'beat' Skopje and place a monument before the Macedonians".

Our neighbours seem to treat it as a race.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Mastika
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                        Read the artical again Mastika. Inparticulor this part,

"Greek daily Proto Thema has announced a political figure in Athens is working around the clock to 'beat' Skopje and place a monument before the Macedonians".

Our neighbours seem to treat it as a race.
                        I know what you are saying, but if you write that they (MKD&GRC) are in some "monumental race" people are more likely to click on the URL and go and read that article. It is a catchy heading in journalism etc. etc.

one question, does anyone know when macedoniaonline.eu started to advertise ethnic greek costumes and have the Greek flag displayed on its website?!? Check out the URL link to have a look at what I am talking about.

Comment

• I of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Ahh Athenians finally accepting the conquest by Macedon, by immortalizing Alexander in the "heart" of Greece wasn't that what Alexander wanted anyway?

The spirit of the Ancient Athenians are thus thrown out the window and shoved in the sewer and spat out toward the vast oceans. So much for respecting the Ancients and their resistance toward Macedonian yoke. .
                          Last edited by I of Macedon; 04-18-2010, 10:24 PM.
                          No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

I of Macedon, so eloquently put, it would have made his father very proud indeed too
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Perhaps , as thankful Macedonians, we should write to the relevant parties in Athens and thank them for acknowleding the Macedonian Tsar Alexander

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Goce Delchev & Dame Gruev on Plostad Makedonija

They are 5 meters high, with the big konji.

TM, When is the Nikola Karev spomenik coming?

YouTube - Monuments of Goce Delcev & Dame Gruev in Skopje Macedonia
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X