X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Sounds like a master manipulator
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Sounds like a master manipulator
      One of the best in our history if you ask me.

There are some today who put him up there with the likes of Delchev while turning a blind eye what type of person he really way.

I don't think he ever stepped over the border to Serbian Occupied Macedonia as part of a cheta or otherwise. He had the nerve to dress up in komita unifor for photo ops though.
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
        One of the best in our history if you ask me.

There are some today who put him up there with the likes of Delchev while turning a blind eye what type of person he really way.

I don't think he ever stepped over the border to Serbian Occupied Macedonia as part of a cheta or otherwise. He had the nerve to dress up in komita unifor for photo ops though.
        Do you believe he actually cared about Macedonia or was always a Bulgarian agent?
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          Do you believe he actually cared about Macedonia or was always a Bulgarian agent?
          He was motivated by power and control. He used the Bulgarian government and they used him. He used and manipulated the Macedonian people. Many despised him at the time and many of those that supported him did so out of fear. He butchered the Macedonian Cause. He cared more about being King of Macedonia than he did about freeing Macedonia.

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

Exactly, he manipulated and organised the murder of many patriotic Macedonians simply because he saw them as a threat.

Mihajlov manipulated VMRO by passing death sentences without the Central Committee ever voting for such an act (A breach of the Organisations rules).

Vojvodi such as Ivan Brlo, Pancho Mihajlov and others were assassinated just so Mihajlov could be supreme leader.

The downfall of VMRO must simply be attributed to Mihajlov, the organisation lost its way by conducting a civil war instead of focusing on the occupied territories of Macedonia.

There is a CIA doc that mentions Mihajlov openly offered the CIA to use VMRO. This was after 1932 while he was in exile. opportunism and Self interest was what he was all about.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

He must have had quite the personality. Any video footage of this pig?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Ivan Mihailov Gavrilov (Bulgarian: Иван Михайлов Гаврилов), sometimes Vancho Mihailov, was a Bulgarian revolutionary in Ottoman and interwar Macedonia, and l...

Here he is in a Bulgarian interview.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

He was clearly very old there, but certainly able to structure sentences that danced. I wonder if there were any videos from when he was younger. I can't see any on youtube. Always interesting to see people with the ability to influence (good or bad).
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Vojvodi such as Ivan Brlo, Pancho Mihajlov and others were assassinated just so Mihajlov could be supreme leader.

The downfall of VMRO must simply be attributed to Mihajlov, the organisation lost its way by conducting a civil war instead of focusing on the occupied territories of Macedonia.
                    Add to that list Dimo Hadzhi Dimov, Todor Panica, Aleko Vasilev, Chaulev, and Arsen Jovkov, among many, many, many others. Essentially, most of Sandanski's followers were gunned down at the orders of Mihailov (and some from Aleksandrov prior).

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      He was clearly very old there, but certainly able to structure sentences that danced. I wonder if there were any videos from when he was younger. I can't see any on youtube. Always interesting to see people with the ability to influence (good or bad).
                      I don't know of any videos of him when he was younger. There aren't many from the IMRO back then.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Mihailov had nine life-sentences and three death-sentences in Bulgaria.
                        I just read this. Funny how becoming a good Bulgarian can make things go away.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                          Many despised him at the time and many of those that supported him did so out of fear. He butchered the Macedonian Cause.
                          The leaders of the MPO in the 1940s portrayed him as a savior and many (if not, most) of the Macedonian diaspora in North America believed in Mihajlov, not that different from how the Macedonian diaspora supported Ljubco Georgievski in the early 90s.

Comment

• VMRO
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                            I don't know of any videos of him when he was younger. There aren't many from the IMRO back then.
                            There might be personal videos from the 1960's but these would be part of his personal archives.

He was always in hiding whilst he was living in Rome and to meet with him had to be done through his trusted circle.

I've come across private photo's of Mihajlov from what it appears the 70's or 80's over the past few years.
                            Last edited by VMRO; 07-22-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

He was always in hiding whilst he was living in Rome and to meet with his his trusted circle would organised it.
                              The Mladenov family of Toronto would regularly meet with him in Rome.
                              This family was so pro-Bulgarian that they even separated from the MPO because to them it wasn't Bulgarian enough lol.

Ivan Mihajlov with George Mladenov:

1980s?

Last edited by Niko777; 07-22-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                                The leaders of the MPO in the 1940s portrayed him as a savior and many (if not, most) of the Macedonian diaspora in North America believed in Mihajlov, not that different from how the Macedonian diaspora supported Ljubco Georgievski in the early 90s.
                                Many, but not most. The 1930s and 1940s North American Macedonians were split between the MPL and the MPO.

Comment

Working...
                                X