New map of the Refugee Settlement in Greece 1926!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

New map of the Refugee Settlement in Greece 1926!

Source: “Crossing the Aegean: The Consequences of the 1923 Greek-Turkish Population Exchange” by Renee Hirschon, 2003, page 181.

See also Where did the Refugees from Turkey settle in Aegean Macedonia?

These maps should be posted to Wikipedia, also a map combing the above mentioned maps into one so it shows settlements in connection with Refugee density should be made.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

you kill'em dude
    by the way can I include one of this Maps in one article?
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

makedonin, thank you, you may use whatever you like of my findings, the message must be heard all over the world!

Remember, my information is your information, what is mine is yours, we share our "bread" as brothers.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        makedonin, thank you, you may use whatever you like of my findings, the message must be heard all over the world!

Remember, my information is your information, what is mine is yours, we share our "bread" as brothers.
        thanx brat

I don't have to mention that the same goes for the stuff I occationally find
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Sviolani could you point out which selo is yours on the above map...... please.

Comment

• Svoliani
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

Sviolani could you point out which selo is yours on the above map...... please.
            southwest of Kastoria, theres not too many dots there, but in those dots i can tell you who used to live there. Turks and some Vahalades eg Kaloneri(Vrongista) Kivotos(?). Dont worry Macedonian Slavs werent around there , they were further north around Kastoria.
            Which was your village, that is even if you are from Belo More Makedonia.

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

I think this is a very reasonable map...

With the population exchange 1.220.000 Greeks from Asia Minor came to Greece while 518.146 Turks from Greece went to Turkey.

53% of the Greek refugees settled in the cities and towns and 47% in the villages.

51% settled in Macedonia,31% in Sterea and Peloponesse ,9% in Thrace,5% on the islands ,3% in Crete and 1% in Epirus.

51% of 1.220.000 makes some 610.000 Greek Refugees-"Prosfyges" in Macedonia.

On the other hand of the 518.000 Turks the vast majority was living in Macedonia.
              Also some 90-98.000 Bulgarians left Greek territory after Neiully treaty and the voluntary population exchange (while some 46-50.000 Greeks of Bulgarian coasts came to Greece).

It's mathematics.Some 600 thousand left from Macedonia,some 600 thousand came.
              What;s the huge discovery??

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                southwest of Kastoria, theres not too many dots there, but in those dots i can tell you who used to live there. Turks and some Vahalades eg Kaloneri(Vrongista) Kivotos(?). Dont worry Macedonian Slavs werent around there , they were further north around Kastoria.
                Which was your village, that is even if you are from Belo More Makedonia.
                Sir, we are Macedonians only, there are no Serbian Slavs, Bulgarian Slavs or Croatian Slavs, if there are we will gladly be so to, but there are not, thus we are Macedonians, one more remark like the one above and you have rendered yourself obsolete on this forum, katalaves?

Secondly, the people living in the region you describe were not Greeks, they were VLACHS this a fact. Are you Vlachoi?

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                  I think this is a very reasonable map...

With the population exchange 1.220.000 Greeks from Asia Minor came to Greece while 518.146 Turks from Greece went to Turkey.

53% of the Greek refugees settled in the cities and towns and 47% in the villages.

51% settled in Macedonia,31% in Sterea and Peloponesse ,9% in Thrace,5% on the islands ,3% in Crete and 1% in Epirus.

51% of 1.220.000 makes some 610.000 Greek Refugees-"Prosfyges" in Macedonia.

On the other hand of the 518.000 Turks the vast majority was living in Macedonia.
                  Also some 90-98.000 Bulgarians left Greek territory after Neiully treaty and the voluntary population exchange (while some 46-50.000 Greeks of Bulgarian coasts came to Greece).

It's mathematics.Some 600 thousand left from Macedonia,some 600 thousand came.
                  What;s the huge discovery??
                  Thank you for your input, are these new settlers to Macedonia, Macedonians? Are they in any way connected to Alexander of Macedon?

Comment

• TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

Thank you for your input, are these new settlers to Macedonia, Macedonians? Are they in any way connected to Alexander of Macedon?
                    These people are already dead at the most. (or they are over 90 y.o)

As far as i know Alexander didnt have any children-do u believe u re connected with him?

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                      These people are already dead at the most. (or they are over 90 y.o)

As far as i know Alexander didnt have any children-do u believe u re connected with him?
                      You never answered the question posed, so they are dead, what are their offspring then?

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

You never answered the question posed, so they are dead, what are their offspring then?
                        Their grand children have usually some grandparents native Greek,and some from Asia Minor or Eastern Thrace.
                        ..whats the point of the question? is anyone grandchild of Alexander? Let's all be serious!

But we got out of the topic-the map of refugee settlements.
                        As i wrote 600 th. left Greek Macedonia,600 th. came.

So...the imply that refugees where sent by the Greek government to Macedonia "against" the Macedonians..
                        .its groundless if not silly.

Refugees went more or less ,where Turks and Bulgarians left.

If you look the map once more...u ll discover smth else too (and more if u if u look the other map u posted) Prefectures of Florina and Kastoria (Lerin and Kostur) although had the biggest population of ex-Exarchists=Macedonians ...they have similar percentages of Refugees with Lamia and Fokis!(central Greece) Low percentages of refugees!
                        Simply because they didnt have as many Turks(or Bulgarians) exchanged as for ex. Drama and Kavala.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

They call it "voluntary" but it wasn't really - Greek invaded and occupied a part of Macedonia, then it tried to change the demographics of Macedonia, and even though the Macedonian population had been watered down, and even though they had been dispossesed and Hellenized, the Macedonians have been remarkably resilient [although at the cost of alot of heartache].

Comment

Working...
                          X