X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Čento
    • Mar 2012

Lake Ohrid - Охридско Езеро

All about the Ohrid Lake is in this purely post thread. Let's start with the beautiful pictures of.

Lake Ohrid (Macedonian: Охридско Езеро, Ohridsko Ezero) straddles the mountainous border between the southwestern Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe's deepest and oldest lakes, preserving a unique aquatic ecosystem with more than 200 endemic species that is of worldwide importance. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979 and when, in 2010, NASA decided to name one of Titan's lakes after Lake Ohrid.

Ohrid from Samoilova.

Kaneo beach. I

Kaneo beach. II

Jас не познавам друг народ кој повеќе страдал од предавствата на своите синови - изроди како македонскиот

Гоце Делчев
  • Čento
    • Mar 2012

Jас не познавам друг народ кој повеќе страдал од предавствата на своите синови - изроди како македонскиот

Гоце Делчев

Comment

• MKPrilep
      • Mar 2009

za zal, ohrid e mnogu skapo. poskapo duri od grcija.
      ova godina nema mesto na plaza bez da platis.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

MK prilep is absolutely right.they charge for everything.The visa a couple of years ago was so much & when you got there the officials said oh your from australia do you know that we can charge whatever we like for the visa.We said in australia it's x $,what you are charging what you like.Also we said between beograd & skopje ohrid one of our locked bags has been sliced open with contents missing.Guess what the official said we don't care you got dos you claim it.Macedonia is well & truly fucked.What kind of macedonia is it.Yes everything is more deer than elsewhere you wonder if it's all worth it.
        I had 10 grand on a body bumbag they said hand it over you are not allowed large amounts of money.I said we are allowed individually to carry up to 10 grand but there's 4 of us divide that it comes to 2500 grand.what are you hassling us for.They said no they could confiscate it if they want to.They said are you carryng bullets on you what looks like12 bullets.I said two packets of duracell batteries for my camera divide that into 4 people that's 3 batteries per person is that ok.Oh no they looked like bullets.You know you ought to be paying carina for the 7 clothes with tags & the camera.I said i got a macedonian passport they said you are from overseas & overseas travellers have to pay carina but what if they are macedonian citizens.I said we paid carina in australia .They said we have to pay $350 carina or we have to take them back.Some one said just rip the tags & have the camera imported by a citizen of macedonia.What a fucking joke.
        Do people know there are so many discharge pipes running into ohrid ezero that it's surrounds are polluted.You wouldn't want to eat the fish caught there.Also the authrities have introduced a lot of eels as well as the pastrmka..Try swimming with the eels they got large pointy teeth.Think of this in bitola there's a number of fish retail shops but in ohrid there was one & they said they are out of fish come back next day.They said at the markets you are notallowed to handle the fruit & vegetables.Their main reason being if they let the customer look at the fruit too much they'll buy the good stuff & leave the shit behind.How stupid is that.
        Last edited by George S.; 06-17-2012, 06:16 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• MKPrilep
          • Mar 2009

I do not want to destroy this beautiful thread, but after reading this from George
          all I can say that it is getting worse from year to year here in macedonia.
          you can feel that they do not like us diasporci and that they try
          to take the piss out of you. we are always the rich one and they are all
          soooo poor. A town like prilep has more then 20 cafici and I do not know how much kafanas and restaurants and they are always full.
          Such a life we do not have in germany. but I do not want to comment this anymore. I have everyone told my opinion about how they live, about
          the how give the land to the albanians. And they do not deny it. How told me someone: life is short, I want to have fun, why I should care about the albanians. Let them build mosques. It do not disturb me.

So now back to the thread, sorry for this excursion.

Comment

• Čento
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post
            za zal, ohrid e mnogu skapo. poskapo duri od grcija.
            ova godina nema mesto na plaza bez da platis.
            Da točno, epten skapo e. Jas se čudev zošto mnogu Makedonci idat za Grcija, koga bev vo Ohrid odma primetiv deka sve e skapo tamu. Božem nie Dijasporaši ke im gi polnime džebovite, a Makedoncite vo Makedonija neka trpaat. Makedonska rabota...

Eve eden primer što mi se sluči vo Skopje. Petok trgnav za Germanija, a ponedelnik trebavme da ideme na rabota. Ne vratija na granica deka pasošot ne ni važeše. Ona ni dade termin za Ponedelnik. Nie im vikavme tamu vo MTV deka treba ponedelnik da rabotime i deka treba brzo da ni go izvadat. Taa koga počna da se razvika "baš mi e gajle za vas deka ke rabotite ponedelnik, samo deka ste od Germanija nema da vi davame za eden den pasoš". Poslem so pomoš od drugari napravivme za eden den pasoš... Abe ne mrazat.

Гоце Делчев

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

MK prilep how about in ohrid the 2 sets of prices one for the locals & one for the tourists.
              I'm sorry to sound bleak but i got on a bus bound for one of the hotels at the ohrid markets.
              i think it was 5km.I think it was $1.50.Then low & behold a couple aussies from north sydney paid both $10.
              Talking about buses we bought a return ticket to bitola & back.On the way back an inspector went through the bus & said you have to pay again & took our existing tickets.After arguing with him for 10 minutes he said ok .
              Then there was a bus driver who didn't want to stop at the next bus stop.He refused to listen to the customers orders.He said what difference does it make.He is boss on his bus.Regardless of the inconveniences etc i think ohrid is still nice.
              Last edited by George S.; 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM. Reason: ed
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• MKPrilep
                • Mar 2009

Eve eden primer što mi se sluči vo Skopje. Petok trgnav za Germanija, a ponedelnik trebavme da ideme na rabota. Ne vratija na granica deka pasošot ne ni važeše. Ona ni dade termin za Ponedelnik. Nie im vikavme tamu vo MTV deka treba ponedelnik da rabotime i deka treba brzo da ni go izvadat. Taa koga počna da se razvika "baš mi e gajle za vas deka ke rabotite ponedelnik, samo deka ste od Germanija nema da vi davame za eden den pasoš". Poslem so pomoš od drugari napravivme za eden den pasoš... Abe ne mrazat.
                lele, tocno istoto mu se sluci na tatko i majko mi.
                vistina, i jas mislam deka ne mrazat.
                jas mu se razvikas ubavo, mu rekov ke odam do gradonicalnikot i deka vaka nikogas ke vlezat vo evropska unia. ama niv mu e gajle. taa samo mi vikase, so derenje nema nikade da stasas. ovde prilep se i sesto samo so drugari funktionira. site se mafiasi.
                ako nemas drugar, rabota nema da svrsis. ili treba mnogu pari vo dzeb du mu piknis.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

does anyone know in today's age do they still charge to use the toilet??A guptin checks up if you are doing just a piss or shit as it's a diffrent price.You have to pay for the toilet paper etcI remember telling the guptin that the toilet is too smelly & needs a good clean.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

unless a local restaurant etc, the holes in the ground toilets gave me the shits, pardon the pun.....how about thinking of tourists from the west...lack of hygiene was horrendous at tourist spots, and charging to use the toilet was ridiculous
                    2 sets of prices for tourists is correct . I told Brendon to keep his mouth firmly shut, and told locals was from another Mac town, and that my husband is deaf...I do not know why they hate the diaspora so much
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

The best town in Macedonia
                      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• molika
                          • Sep 2008

i am taking the family overseas, ohrid is on my itinerary. first visit my aunty in Canada toronto, my cousin is having a wedding on the 28/7/2012.

Comment

• Perun
                            • Jul 2012

I am ashamed to say that Ohrid is my hometown... Not because it is not beautiful - on the contrary, it is one of the pearls of Macedonian nature and culture. But the treatment our mindless and greedy hosts give to tourists (especially those who are Macedonians from oversees) is quite a let-down. I hope things change soon. We must stop wasting our treasures like this.
                            Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

our ezero is beautifull
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X