X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Macedonian Folk Songs

Here are collection of Old Macedonian Folk Songs. Many of these songs were around Before we were born. Some evan before our parents and evan Grand parents were Born. I wish to compile some clasics sung By Both the older Generation and some of our Younger generation. Everyone is welcome to post songs. But please try to keep to Narodni Pesmi and if you can, leave a brief message on its history, such as period or region it came from. Evan if it has a special meaning to you personaly, we would love to hear what it reminds you of, or why it is special to you.

I personaly get sick of Doom and gloom, so lets have a place where we can at times sit Back and reflect on our past. I have beutiful memories of my Grand Parents. The songs Dedo sang, the stories they told will live with me for ever. When i close my eyes and listen to certain songs, i see my Grand parents and Parents when they were young. Working on the fields living a uncomplicated simple life. Where mordern technology was not around. Where Brothers and sisters, uncles, aunties all lived together. All knew each other. Helped each other. The days where people respected each other.

Some of these songs were around when Macedonia was one Family aswell. Please enjoy.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Here is my first Entry. Old folklore song from Pirin Makedonija. Mom used to sing it. Its the most Beutiful romantic songs i have ever heard.

YouTube - A Pileva & J Jovanov - Kalino mome
    Last edited by Bill77; 12-08-2009, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

The Macedonian folk singer Aleksandar Sarievski (1922 - 2002) performing the old and famous Macedonian traditional folk song "Uči me majko, karaj me" (Teach me mother, scold me).

He was one of the most famous folk singers from the Republic of Macedonia.
      His specialty used to be rendition of old Macedonian folk songs like Jovano,Jovanke, More Sokol Pie, Zajdi,Zajdi Jasno Sonce etc. He was also the first one to provide a recorded record of these songs.

YouTube - Aleksandar Sarievski - Uči me majko, karaj me - Macedonian Folk Song

YouTube - Macedonian Folk Song "Se navali Shar Planina"

Comment

• astibo
        • Oct 2009

One of my favorite mitical songs

YouTube - Dimna Juda : Music of Macedonia

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

The most beutiful song of all IMHO sung by possibly the best voice we ever had. If this does not twing your heart strings a bit, you are not human.

Why does God take from us everything that is Beutiful to us. hmmmm

YouTube - Tose Proeski i Arija - Parahodot

Comment

• Bij
            • Oct 2009

thats beautiful bill. i got goosebumps

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
              thats beautiful bill. i got goosebumps
              Bij i shook his hand a few weeks before his tragedy when he was in Aus. It hit me hard. My wife absalutly loved his music. She was devestated.

Here is another,

YouTube - Tose Proeski i Arija - Jano mori
              Last edited by Bill77; 12-09-2009, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Fantastic thread Blagojche

Here is my contribution

YouTube - Eleno, kerko Eleno : Music of Macedonia
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

SOM, Here is one for you by demand

YouTube - Bitola, moj roden kraj (All Stars)

Rogi, This one is about the Komiti you'll like it

YouTube - Chetvorica komiti : Music of Macedonia
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

ALEKSANDAR SARIEVSKI-Zajdi Zajdi Jasno Sonce

Tose Proeski - Zajdi zajdi (uzivo, gitara)

This song gives me the chills...luv it
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Makedonsko Devojče (Македонско девојче) - Macedonian Folk Song

Old time Favourite
                      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                        • Jan 2009

"More sokol pie" Macedonian Folk Song - "Море сокол пие" Македонскa народнa
                        Have a look at the great photo's...

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                          "More sokol pie" Macedonian Folk Song - "Море сокол пие" Македонскa народнa
                          Have a look at the great photo's...
                          I love the old photos in this clip Lion. I am very Nostalgic with a passion. Thanks.

Comment

• Wanderer
                            • Nov 2009

Wow,I just noticed that I have already heard 2 or 3 of these songs,at a festival I have been at Macedonia,Kastoria.
                            Either some songs are similar or I were at a Macedonian ethnic festival and I didnt noticed

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Wanderer, these songs that you heard in Kostur you will most likely find in Bitola, Prilep, Ohrid, etc - did you hear the same in the Peloponnese, Athens, Islands, etc also?

There are several Macedonian songs that are sung with Greek words in those parts (Kostur, Lerin, etc) or played with no words at all. Of course, you ask the average Greek and these songs are 'pure' Greek, yet, sometimes I look at the Irish and I think about the dozens of patriotic Irish songs they have which they sing in the English language rather than Gaelic, and still you will find no englishman claiming these songs to be for the glory of angloism.

What is the difference?
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X