Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Greek scientific publication from Athens 1907 on the potential presence of Macedonian features in ancient Homeric.

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

That would be interesting!
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Carlin
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
        Greek scientific publication from Athens 1907 on the potential presence of Macedonian features in ancient Homeric.

Even though potential presence of Macedonian features might have been discussed in this publication - sadly - it was not "scientific" in nature or objective.

The publication was written by Konstantinos Tsioulkas, in 1907, and is titled "Contributions to the bilingualism of the Macedonians through a comparison of the Slav-seeming Macedonian language with Greek". Tsioulkas was born in Gorenci (after 1919 renamed to Korisos). According to Tsioulkas:

- The goal of the book was to show how the so-called Bulgarian language in Macedonia was in reality a Greek, and not a Slavic language;
        - Tsioulkas did not attempt to demonstrate and prove that this language was not "Macedonian", but to show that it was not Bulgarian.

Tsioulkas is arguing and "proving" that the Slavophone Macedonians are Greeks since their language is Greek in a genetic sense, and origin. Tsioulkas states:

"The modern so-called Slav-seeming Macedonian is in fact Macedonian and the sister of Greek, and consequently the Macedonian people is autochthonous and of genuine Macedonian blood".

More on this here (Peter Mackridge):
        Throughout the 20th century, Greek linguists, historians and ethnologists have attempted to demonstrate that speakers of Aromanian, Albanian and Slavic languages who live in lands that are claimed to be Greek are essentially Hellenes. I focus on the

According to Mackridge "most of the inhabitants of Gorenci were native speakers of Macedonian".

Link to the pdf:
        Last edited by Carlin; 11-07-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

The way I see it if the baboon managed to prove what he intended to prove, all it would actually confirm is that Macedonians are native to the region even in their current shape and form. Couple that with the fact that we know the ancient Macedonians differentiated themselves from Greeks, and we have a one two punch.

So Macedonians were similar to Greeks, big deal, why wouldn't they have been similar. I welcome that comparison, It only proves we have roots in the region and that we are not just a bunch slavs form the north.

Imagine if that theory caught on with Greek nationalists? We would be ancient Grik speakers.

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
          Even though potential presence of Macedonian features might have been discussed in this publication - sadly - it was not "scientific" in nature or objective.

The publication was written by Konstantinos Tsioulkas, in 1907, and is titled "Contributions to the bilingualism of the Macedonians through a comparison of the Slav-seeming Macedonian language with Greek". Tsioulkas was born in Gorenci (after 1919 renamed to Korisos). According to Tsioulkas:

- The goal of the book was to show how the so-called Bulgarian language in Macedonia was in reality a Greek, and not a Slavic language;
          - Tsioulkas did not attempt to demonstrate and prove that this language was not "Macedonian", but to show that it was not Bulgarian.

Tsioulkas is arguing and "proving" that the Slavophone Macedonians are Greeks since their language is Greek in a genetic sense, and origin. Tsioulkas states:

"The modern so-called Slav-seeming Macedonian is in fact Macedonian and the sister of Greek, and consequently the Macedonian people is autochthonous and of genuine Macedonian blood".

More on this here (Peter Mackridge):
          Throughout the 20th century, Greek linguists, historians and ethnologists have attempted to demonstrate that speakers of Aromanian, Albanian and Slavic languages who live in lands that are claimed to be Greek are essentially Hellenes. I focus on the

According to Mackridge "most of the inhabitants of Gorenci were native speakers of Macedonian".

Link to the pdf:
          https://anemi.lib.uoc.gr/php/pdf_pag...pagenobottom=3

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Risto the Great

Comment

• Amphipolis
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

The columns of Homeric, English and especially Modern Greek are all wrong.
              A full lexicon of Homeric words can be found here. You will have a hard time to find most of the words of the above list.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

You don't think modern versions are good?

I found that link you sent, it looks extremely comprehensive. My random samples didn't get anything close to what is above. Would have been great to see the original source documents in addition to all of that though.
                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                X