• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia-Serbia Relations

Macedonian Ambassador to Belgrade, persona non grata
    Friday, 10 October 2008
    Image Macedonia's ambassador to Belgrade Aleksandar Vasilevski has been declared "persona non grata" and should leave Serbia as soon as possible, confirmed Friday the Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
    The Serbian Government's decision was presented to Vasilevski in the country's Foreign Ministry, following Macedonia's decision to recognize Kosovo.
    Earlier, Serbian ambassador to Skopje, Zoran Popovic handed over a protest note to Macedonian Deputy-FM Zoran Petrov, in which Serbia requires that Macedonia reevaluates its decision to recognize Kosovo's independence.
    "The recognition is against UN Resolution 1244 and international law, and Kosovo is an integral part of Serbia", reads the note.
    There are no announcements whether the Serbian ambassador will be withdrawn from Macedonia, whether Belgrade will reevaluate the decision on the use of Macedonia's constitutional name in bilateral communication, as well as other sanctions.
    Montenegro's Ambassador was also declared persona non grata. //10.10.08
    Deteriorating relations with Serbia are now on the cards.

The Greeks must be jumping for joy right now. I never liked the Serbians but they have always been the lesser of three evils. Now that bridge is finally burnt.

And Kosovo is not one step closer to recognizing Macedonia ! What a tragedy this is turning out to be.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Of course Serbia would expel the Macedonian ambassador. The Serbians have NEVER been our friends politically but we could have played this much more cleverly.

As a related aside .... Do we still have to kiss Serbian arse for immigration matters? Up until a few years ago, we still had to beg Belgrade for these things.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Traveller
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Of course Serbia would expel the Macedonian ambassador. The Serbians have NEVER been our friends politically but we could have played this much more cleverly.

As a related aside .... Do we still have to kiss Serbian arse for immigration matters? Up until a few years ago, we still had to beg Belgrade for these things.
      They were under immense presssure from Greece to overturn their Macedonia recognition and make it FYROM and never did. In fact they are your godfathers, dont forget that.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

And they still did not overturn their recognition.
        Godfathers.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Venom
          • Sep 2008

Give me a break. Godfathers. What the fuck are they to the greeks then? Occasional gay buddies?
          S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            Give me a break. Godfathers. What the fuck are they to the greeks then? Occasional gay buddies?
            To the Greeks, Serbians are merely acceptable filthy Slavs.
            But the notion of a Slavonic modern Greece fills them with dread and forces them to realise truths that exist about Macedonia. They would rather keep their heads in the sand and deny our identity.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Traveller
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

To the Greeks, Serbians are merely acceptable filthy Slavs.But the notion of a Slavonic modern Greece fills them with dread and forces them to realise truths that exist about Macedonia. They would rather keep their heads in the sand and deny our identity.
              Risto your knowledge of the Greeks (at least a part of them) scares me. Are you from greek macedonia? I'm curious. As i 've said in a previous topic , i've witnessed old men celebrating in kafanas in Kilkis the bombardment of Serbia. When i asked them why they answered "Tito was sending against us communist guerillas during the greek civil war".

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Traveller, I have been there 4 times in the last 5 years.Most of my people live in Greece. I think I can comment on many of the issues there from a position of relative clarity. When we discuss our combined family history and their modern identity, it definitely reveals a huge problem with the modern Greek identity. I make many of them feel a little uncomfortable .... like when someone wakes you from a long sleep.

Did you disagree or agree with the "acceptable filthy slavs" perception?
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Traveller
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Traveller, I have been there 4 times in the last 5 years.Most of my people live in Greece. I think I can comment on many of the issues there from a position of relative clarity. When we discuss our combined family history and their modern identity, it definitely reveals a huge problem with the modern Greek identity. I make many of them feel a little uncomfortable .... like when someone wakes you from a long sleep.

Did you disagree or agree with the "acceptable filthy slavs" perception?
                  In a little part of Greek society yes. Me personally, no.I like them. They are so emotionally naive...Ties between the two people are very close. We were in the same side in every single war. And we 've given them humanitarian aid in the wars with Croatia, the Bosnian Turks and albanians in Kosovo.Now we are pushing for letting them in EU. Greeks always see with one eye the Slavs. We always were the obstacle for them to "wash their feet in the Aegean sea". The big dream of Pan-slavism... I personally dislike from all Balkan states Bulgaria, the hyenas of the Balkans.

Comment

• Dejan
                    • Sep 2008

I say f**k anyone who wants, or wanted to, destroy us Macedonians.
                    You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

That will be a lot of f**cking Dejan!
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Dejan
                        • Sep 2008

Haha true, but if we are to survive, then we're on our own and no can help us but ourselves. The Macedonian nation is more important than being friends with another nation.
                        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I agree with you 100%.
                          I just hope the bananas running Macedonia are getting enough in return (for Macedonia) for any of these negotiations.

I think the patriotism element has been underplayed in Macedonia. Everyone there is too intelligent to be swept up in mindless nationalism ... but it can pay off if it is encouraged in the right way.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

I think the Macedonians are nationalist - but not like the Greeks or Albanians. It's different. Hard to explain.

Comment

• Jankovska
                              • Sep 2008

Look guys like it or not we all have to live with the Albanians. Albania is in Nato now, Albanians are muslims and are not like the Greeks to try and change someone's identity and so on, something like the Turks. We need Albanian port and to be quite honest they are the least of all evils that surround us. You may not believe it but it's true. Albanians haven't been trying to change who we are for centuries like all of our other neighbors. We have to have some friends around us and I think the Albanians are the least of all evils. They do not in any way deny Macedonians or the country and when I was in Albania last year I was surprised at how much they like us and they respect us. In Drac there is a museum where they have written that MAcedonians have lived, worked and shaped alot of the city and brought a lot of culture in it. As for Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia they can screw themselves, for them we have never existed. We should care only for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X