Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

I've read them but they are only superficially similar. The Egyptian and Greek texts are practically the same, the "Macedonian" one is a bit off. Egyptian Demotic is of course in line with the other two.
    Last edited by Delodephius; 04-10-2011, 05:40 AM.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Would you be able to provide a comparison of a short sentence so we can see how superficial? I am not sure how to read and interpret the Boshevski/Tentov version, otherwise I would have done it myself.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
        • Sep 2008

Here is the English translation of the "Macedonian" text:

Going through it, not only is the text itself ridiculous and full of sentences that are syntactically incoherent, but it has almost nothing to do with the text in the other, Greek and Egyptian, parts of the stone:

Demotic: http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...anslation.aspx

Greek: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Text_f..._Rosetta_Stone

I don't know what to compare when unlike the proper texts of Middle Egyptian, Demotic Egyptian and Greek are consistent with each other, the "Macedonian" text has almost nothing to do with the other two texts.
        अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
        उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
        This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
        But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Spent a bit of time looking at it, still can't seem to make any sense out of it. It says that the Boshevski/Tentov translation on the link you provided is for rows 22 through to 32. Can we pinpoint which part of the text that is from the other links you provided which gives an English translation from Greek?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

THese two Bushovski/tentov claimed that they found 167 words that are macedonian & claimed they could read the stone as much with ordinary macedonian.Also these two clowns claimed the writing was cyrillic like IT looks like a huge hoax.I first learned of it years ago when vassil illov said he can get a decipherement in macedonian from the rosetta stone.I never even heard of these two clowns until 2006 when they made their hoax claims.Obviously they can't do what they claim.Unless we have the actual text & people are saying it's not macedonian.
            Last edited by George S.; 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Well, why not draft up some solid questions that can be asked of these guys when they appear in Canada?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

That is a good idea RtG, I am happy to draft up some if any members from Canada will be attending?

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Do you know that on the side of the pamphlett is a SKYPE address perhaps we can watch it
                  on our pc.But if we get an all expenses paid trip to canada??'
                  Regarding Boshevski & Tentov being crackpots i asked the question here's what i got back:
                  know Aristotle Tentov personally and I can tell you that he is not a crackpot.

I told you before;

1. Because we think we have a "really good product" does not mean we can sell it at an ultimate price. We are willingly "pricing" our selves out of existence.
                  2. We seem to be taking the same historic road over and over again but don't seem to understand that it will take us to the same place we did not wan to go in the first place.

Think about it.

Those who call other people "crackpots" without having examined their work do not deserve any answers.

I suppose Galileo was called a "crackpot" when he said the earth revolves around the sun when every one else though the sun revolved around the earth.

Where is the support for our people who are willing to stick their necks out?

Some of us have dedicated our lives for the Macedonian cause and the same Macedonians we want to save are more than willing to hang us out to dry. Where is the justice in that?
                  Tis was by R stefov.

They regard all this as part of the effort for the macedonian cause.The greeks allready know this as a hoax.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Those who call other people "crackpots" without having examined their work do not deserve any answers.
                    And what about those of us that have examined their works, insofar as they can be examined? I wouldn't exactly use the term 'crackpots', but what are we to think of people like Boshevski, Tentov and Iljov when they produce unsubstantiated rubbish? How on earth is that beneficial to the Macedonian Cause? In my opinion, it is counter-productive and gives false hope to Macedonians, sort of like being sent into battle with a wooden sword.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

George, i know it hurts mate. We all wish its true what Boshevski & Tentov claim. But if we follow blindly, not ask questions, and force our selves to believe it, then we will be Greeks.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Bill you are so right those Crackpots" will walk all over us.We thought we had it only coming from our enemies it's coming from supposedly from our learnered people.I did ask questions Bill i met a dead end but it's ok as it's for the cause & you can't ask these questions as they are heroes for the cause.What a bunch of liars they are.Since when is it ok to lie as part of the cause???
                        Last edited by George S.; 04-11-2011, 03:44 AM. Reason: edit
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          Bill you are so right those Crackpots" will walk all over us.We thought we had it only coming from our enemies it's coming from supposedly from our learnered people.I did ask questions Bill i met a dead end but it's ok as it's for the cause & you can't ask these questions as they are heroes for the cause.What a bunch of liars they are.Since when is it ok to lie as part of the cause???
                          Georgi, i wouldn't say they are crackpots. I am sure their hearts are in the right place and they truely believe what they preach. But i wish they can produce evidence behond reasonable doubt so they can shut many peoples mouths. Untill such proof comes along, we got to be careful not to cary on like Greeks do without any evidence.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I think this is the perfect time to debunk any myths about their research. If some appropriate questions are not going to be asked, it really makes me think that the topic should not be brought up again. Let the dushmani do it if we are not prepared to do anything more than speculate.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

I agree with you RTG these people at the top think of themselves as matyrs for the cause
                              & they think that they are beyond reproach.We should not dare to question them after all they are telling lies for the cause.So they say as long it's for the cause you can do anything it's allright.We have to just say amen to that without question.If our enemy is doing the same thing we have to return it in like kind.Why bring up a topic when you can't ask ligitimate questions.Bill is right there that the evidence is lacking & it looks like halfbaked ,hoax ideas.
                              Last edited by George S.; 04-17-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: edit
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                                • Nov 2009

They are going to give a talk in Canada it was on maknews
                                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

Working...
                                X