X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchaiku
    • Nov 2016

Laskarina Bouboulina Planned To Marry an Albanian Muslim

Laskarina Bouboulina (Greek: Λασκαρίνα Μπουμπουλίνα, pronounced [laskaˈrina bubuˈlina]; 11 May 1771 – 22 May 1825) was a Greek[1][2][3][4] naval commander, heroine of the Greek War of Independence in 1821, and an Admiral of the Imperial Russian Navy.

Όταν σκοτώθηκε στην Αράχωβα o Μουσταφάμπέης Ντάγκελη Κιαφζέζη, ο κόσμος πένθησε για την αποτυχία της ένωσης, που την έβλεπε να πραγματοποιούνταν μεταξύ της χριστιανής αρβανίτισσας Μπουμπουλίνας, και του μουσουλμάνου αρβανίτη Κιαφζέζη. Γύρισε την φαντασία, τα πάθη όπως και την μετέπειτα απογοήτευσή του στο τραγούδι, το οποίο ηχεί και φωνάζει ακόμα και την σήμερον ημέρα...

When he was killed in Delphi o Moustafabei Ntagkeli Kiafzezi, the world mourned for the failure of the union, who saw to made between the Christian arvanitissas Bouboulina and Muslim Arvanitis Kiafzezi. He turned the imagination, passions as well as the subsequent disappointment of the song, which still sounds and cries and nowadays ...

https://www.tiktok.com/@kryezotiΌταν σκοτώθηκε στην Αράχωβα o Μουσταφάμπέης Ντάγκελη Κιαφζέζη, ο κόσμος πένθησε για την αποτυχία της ένωσης, που την έβλεπ...
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Thanks for this post.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Don’t thank him. If Tchaiku is really an Albanian maybe he can explain us what sort of Albanian black humor this video is.

Mustapha Bey was the leader of the Turkish Army that fought and lost in the Battle of Arachova in November 1826. In a famous trap between heavy snow and the Greek troops of George Karaiskakis almost the entire Ottoman troops (about 1800-2000 soldiers) including Mustapha Bey were killed.

At the time, Bouboulina was already dead for a year and a half (she had been shot in May 1825). Also, before her death she was a fierce 50 something old widow with 9 children and step-children. I don’t think she had a sexual life or ever met Mustapha Bey as an enemy in the battlefield.

Their only connection is that Mustafa Bey troops killed her elder son Yiannis Yannousas (in April 1821) during their failed efforts to recapture Argos. Bouboulina was mad and numb for a while. According to reliable sources she was trying herself to locate her son’s body among the pile of decapitated Greek soldiers. Later she killed several Turkish prisoners to avenge her son. A foreign diplomat said he saw her dragging and shooting three Turks herself on her son’s grave.

Lastly, while trying to see if I’m missing something, I noticed that Albanian Wikipedia ignores Mustapha Bey or any connection to Bouboulina.

Last edited by Amphipolis; 01-17-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Hey, you're back! Good to see.

Comment

• tchaiku
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
          Don’t thank him. If Tchaiku is really an Albanian maybe he can explain us what sort of Albanian black humor this video is.

Mustapha Bey was the leader of the Turkish Army that fought and lost in the Battle of Arachova in November 1826. In a famous trap between heavy snow and the Greek troops of George Karaiskakis almost the entire Ottoman troops (about 1800-2000 soldiers) including Mustapha Bey were killed.

At the time, Bouboulina was already dead for a year and a half (she had been shot in May 1825). Also, before her death she was a fierce 50 something old widow with 9 children and step-children. I don’t think she had a sexual life or ever met Mustapha Bey as an enemy in the battlefield.

Their only connection is that Mustafa Bey troops killed her elder son Yiannis Yannousas (in April 1821) during their failed efforts to recapture Argos. Bouboulina was mad and numb for a while. According to reliable sources she was trying herself to locate her son’s body among the pile of decapitated Greek soldiers. Later she killed several Turkish prisoners to avenge her son. A foreign diplomat said he saw her dragging and shooting three Turks herself on her son’s grave.

Lastly, while trying to see if I’m missing something, I noticed that Albanian Wikipedia ignores Mustapha Bey or any connection to Bouboulina.

All the information comes from the video description. There is actually a song about it. Anyways I really need to check my sources. Last time I cited a Romanian supremacist. Nice to see you back.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post

Thank you as well!

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Descent of Albanians to Hydra, Spetses, Aigina, Poros, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X