Where did the Refugees from Turkey settle in Aegean Macedonia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Oh the Pella row is priceless. Two years earlier, the pesky Macedonian Slavs would have been about 100% of the population of Pella.
    No wonder the imports from Turkey feel Macedonian now ;-)
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
      Risto, concentrate on Macedonia and try to forget Greece and Greeks. I have nothing to add to what I said. I do not want to categorize him. And it seems he does not want to be categorized either. What is so difficult to understand about that?
      I was not talking about Greece at all.
      It seems he wasn't sure whether he was a Turk or a Romioi.
      I did not mention Greece in the two choices, which I am sure you will understand.

Sorry Giorikas, I am just testing what you are comfortable talking about. You refuse to talk about 1500 more recent years of history of the Macedonians. You know, the "slavic" period. Now you don't want to talk about the ethnic character of the Pontians.

Ok .... I will talk about something you might like ...
      Was Zeus a modern Greek?
      Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
        Banned
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        would you care to explaine how you read those statistics? nothing adds up to 100% but hey only in Greece can a Greek be 150% not Greek.....
        Its Greek na+Greek re+vlachs+slavic sp (=exarchist+patriarchist) +other (not on the table,mainly Jews and few Albanians and other) =total.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          50% of Solun was already full of the imports from Turkey in 1925? Wow.
          Daskalot, those numbers (whilst having pretty colours) will not add up in a row because some events are not mutually exclusive. Nevertheless, a source for the pretty coloured document would be nice.
          The sources are mentioned in the 1st post.
          And why r u surprised abt 50% of Greek refugges in Thessaloniki in 1925 ..already? Population exchange was signed in 1923.

Comment

• TerraNova
            Banned
            • Nov 2008

Oh the Pella row is priceless. Two years earlier, the pesky Macedonian Slavs would have been about 100% of the population of Pella.
            No wonder the imports from Turkey feel Macedonian now ;-)
            Greek refugees replaced more or less the leaving Turk refugees.
            So the percentages would be similar.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
              Greek refugees replaced more or less the leaving Turk refugees.
              So the percentages would be similar.
              You mean "Greek" because they became Greeks eventually, right?

So do you believe when the Turks arrived in Pella 500 years earlier that they killed off the Greeks and chose to subjugate just the Macedonians? Or were you merely suggesting that the Turks had an equal right to Pella as the Macedonians?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

You mean "Greek" because they became Greeks eventually, right?
                Your try to throw the ball in the rival's court, fails miserably Risto.

You wont earn smth by trying to disprove things that are universally accepted...not just by all Westerns but by the Turks too.

After all these "Greeks" the Greeks of Asia Minor published their Greek books,shared the same myths with the other Greeks,had common visions of freedom...had their Greek schools,like thos in Smyrna,Aivali,Constantinople already in the 16th century !

Now can you tell me when did the first Macedonian schools founded by Macedonians in Macedonia?

And dont start the fairy tails abt Greek and Bulgarian propagandas of the 19th cent...because Greeks were under Turkish rule too(and Ottomans were really strong then-not like in 1850) in the 16th and 18th century,they had no free state to count on,they were surrounded by Turks...BUT they did it.
                Why not the Macedonians too ???

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

You wont earn smth by trying to disprove things that are universally accepted...not just by all Westerns but by the Turks too.
                  Are you saying the Turkish definition of "Greek" is a strong and reliable one? Please confirm.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

Are you saying the Turkish definition of "Greek" is a strong and reliable one? Please confirm.
                    I ll tell you if u answer my question.

Otherwise thats not discussion.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Now can you tell me when did the first Macedonian schools founded by Macedonians in Macedonia?
                      OK, ... a bit later than the Greeks & Bulgarians. But the Macedonians were happy just to give their kids a bit of an education, whatever it was. We did not have many rich Macedonians committed to buying a printing press off the English. Like the Cretan Lucaris who did so in the 1600's.

After all these "Greeks" the Greeks of Asia Minor published their Greek books,shared the same myths with the other Greeks,had common visions of freedom...had their Greek schools,like thos in Smyrna,Aivali,Constantinople already in the 16th century !
                      Umm, the entire Balkans had a common vision of freedom. Very common.

Those Greek schools you mention all stemmed from one man, Jeremias II Tranos. You forgot to mention there was even one in Skopje thanks to him as well.

Here is an interesting book about the schools you mention: The Great Church in Captivity By Steven Runciman. He states that the number of schools were negligible in Asia and that they were typically for the phanariotes who used this tool to gain control over the partiarchate. Since many phanariotes have become good Romanians since those days, the schools definitely had a purpose those days, but were hardly an indicator of a Greek ethnicity. More like buying a tool really. Particularly when the schools were tied so closely to the church ... a useful pursuit!

Now, tell me whether you accept the Turk definition of Greeks. Why?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Oh, here is the Catholic take on what a Greek is:

What, then, do we mean when we speak of the Greek Church? -- Ordinarily we take it to mean all those Churches that use the Byzantine Rite, whether they are separated from Rome or in communion with the pope, whether they are by race and speech Greek or Slavs, Rumanians, Georgians, etc. The term Greek Church is, therefore, peculiarly inappropriate, though most commonly employed. For instance, if we mean to designate the rite, the term Greek Church is inaccurate, since there is really no Greek Rite properly so called, but only the Byzantine Rite. If, on the other hand, we wish to designate the nationality of the believers in the Churches following the Byzantine Rite, we find that out of fifteen or twenty Churches which use that rite, only three have any claim to be known as The Greek Church, viz., the Church of the Hellenic Kingdom, the Church of Constantinople, the Church of Cyprus. Again, it must be borne in mind that in the Church of Constantinople there are included a number of Slavs, Rumanians, and Albanians who rightly refuse to be known as Greeks.

The term Orthodox Greek Church, or even simply the Orthodox Church, designates, without distinction of speech, or race, or nationality, all the existing Churches of the Byzantine Rite, separated from Rome. They claim to be a unit and to have the same body of doctrine, which they say was that of the primitive Church. As a matter of fact, the orthodoxy of these Churches is what we call heterodoxy, since it rejects the Papal Infallibility, and the Papal Supremacy, the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, that of Purgatory, etc. However, by a polite fiction, educated Catholics give them the name of Orthodox which they have usurped. The term Schismatic Greek Church is synonymous with the above; nearly everybody uses it, but it is at times inexpedient to do so, if one would avoid wounding the feelings of those whose conversion is aimed at.
                        Are these the Greeks you are talking about?
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                          cut it out zrinski you are trying to be logical and reasonable dont forget who you are trying to teach, illogical and unreasonable wannabbee greeks like svoliani. i have met people ffrom drama and kavala who speak perfect makedonski svoliani and even in tassos their most likely were macedonain speakers, but i doubt any macedonian would reveal himself to you, being the wannabbe storm trooper you are.
                          I agree,i was in Kavala with my relatives on vecations,we also met a older women which was spaeking Macedonian perfect,in the end she saied to us,OSTANEJTE DECA OSTANEJTE....SITE SI OJDOA.Pure greek ha?
                          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                          - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                            I agree,i was in Kavala with my relatives on vecations,we also met a older women which was spaeking Macedonian perfect,in the end she saied to us,OSTANEJTE DECA OSTANEJTE....SITE SI OJDOA.Pure greek ha?
                            perfect Greek......
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                              It's very probable.
                              Kavala is a touristic destination for Balkan and Eastern European countries.

Comment

• Jankovska
                                • Sep 2008

It's very probable.
                                Kavala is a touristic destination for Balkan and Eastern European countries.
                                You are a moron

Comment

Working...
                                X