X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

North Macedonia’s ex-secret police chief sentenced to 3 years in prison for election fraud

URL:

March 9, 2019

A court in Skopje sentenced the former secret police head of North Macedonia Saso Mijalkov to three years in prison in a local election fraud case, dubbed Titanik 2, on March 8. Mijalkov, 53, was immediately put in detention.

This was the first verdict for the Special Prosecution Office (SPO) for Mijalkov, who also faces other trials, including over the destruction of surveillance equipment following the 2015 wiretapping scandal which brought down the previous government of the now opposition VMRO-DPMNE.

The court said that Mijalkov put pressure on election officials to annul results from some polling stations in the southern town of Strumica to allow a rerun in the local elections in 2013, to give the VMRO-DPMNE candidate a second chance to win.

A leader of the ethnic Albanian party DPA, Menduh Thaci, who influenced election commission officials on Mijalkov demand, was sentenced to three years and two months in prison in the same case.

Mijalkov was sentenced for unlawfully influencing an election, while Thaci was sentenced for abuse of office.

The longest sentence, of 4.5 years in prison, in this case was given to former member of the state election commission Bedredin Ibrahimi, also from the DPA. Three other officials from the state election commission were also sentenced to three years in prison.

Mijalkov is a cousin of former prime minister Nikola Gruevski, who fled to Hungary last November and was granted asylum there to escape serving a two-year prison sentence for the purchase of luxury Mercedes with budget money.

The SPO is tasked to probe high level crime and corruption.

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

The simple fact that the shiptari are jumping up and down about counting the diaspora in some way is a dead give away that they know they have a problem.

The last census was done under great duress and no one quite believes in its accuracy. For last 17 years we based our assumptions on the size of the Albanian population on that 2002 census. Now they want to incorporate something totally idiotic that is obviously meant to inflate their numbers. One has to ask, why are they so concerned?

Imagine if the 2002 census was inflated, on top of that imagine the toll of mass emigration. I'd pay a pretty penny to know the real truth on the matter.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Anyone going down for the obvious referendum fraud?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Serbian Protesters Storm National Broadcaster Building

URLs:
          Serbian police used force to expel anti-government demonstrators who entered the building of Serbia's national broadcaster, RTS, protesting against the rule of President Aleksandar Vucic.

Претседателот Алексаднар Вучиќ на прес конференција денес изјави дека полицијата го идентификувала лицето кое синоќа со оторна пила влезе во зградата на РТС. „Надлежните си ја работат својата работа, немој да се грижите и за него а и за уште многу ...

Serbian police used force to expel anti-government demonstrators who entered the building of Serbia's national broadcaster, RTS, protesting against the rule of President Aleksandar Vucic.

Serbian citizens who have been protesting weekly against President Aleksandar Vucic’s regime stormed the building of the Serbian national broadcaster RTS on Saturday evening, and were forcefully expelled by police.

Some of the protesters were injured when police in riot gear cleared the premises around 10.30pm.

Opposition leaders followed citizens who entered RTS’ premises, among them the leader of the Alliance for Serbia group Dragan Djilas and the head of far-right Dveri movement Bosko Obradovic, who was eventually dragged out of the premises by police.

Djilas and Obradovic demanded for protest organisers to be allowed to speak live on air, but the demonstrators, who regularly criticise RTS for its pro-government stance, were kicked out without this happening.

“We aren’t asking for much – an immediate broadcast with participation of a representative of the organisers of the protests, not of politicians,” Obradovic told protesters inside the RTS building, while calling on citizens to avoid violence.

About 50 riot police were deployed to the scene to clear out the premises. But after being thrown out of the building, many of the protesters sat in front of RTS singing the Serbian national anthem and chanting.

In two separate press conference during and after the storming of RTS, Serbian Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic said that all those who entered the building illegally will be prosecuted and that the police acted according to the law and did not resort to violence.

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has called a press conference for 12pm on Sunday to address the demonstration.

Before entering RTS, the protesters gathered at 6pm in front of Belgrade University’s Faculty of Philosophy, where anti-Vucic protests have been starting each Saturday for the past three months.

On arrival at RTS, some protesters pelted the building with eggs.

The so-called “1 of 5 million” protests started on December 8, 2018. They were triggered by an incident a few weeks earlier on November 23, when an opposition politician, Borko Stefanovic, was attacked and beaten in the southern town of Krusevac.

Initially, the protests were held only in Belgrade. But in January, people in more than 30 Serbian cities and towns joined in with their own protests.

Most recently, the opposition called for snap general elections and announced a mass protest on April 13 if that demand is not met by the Progressive Party-led government.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Egg smashed on Australian Senator Fraser Anning's head while speaking to media in Melbourne

Video:
            Queensland senator Fraser Anning punches teen after being egged while speaking to media in Melbourne. Watch full video to know more.The World is One News, WI...

Queensland senator Fraser Anning punches teen after being egged while speaking to media in Melbourne.

Fury as Australian senator blames Christchurch attack on Muslim immigration

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

The teen was a little punk who deserved a good clip over the ear.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• YuriB
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                Egg smashed on Australian Senator Fraser Anning's head while speaking to media in Melbourne

Video:
                Queensland senator Fraser Anning punches teen after being egged while speaking to media in Melbourne. Watch full video to know more.The World is One News, WI...

Queensland senator Fraser Anning punches teen after being egged while speaking to media in Melbourne.

Fury as Australian senator blames Christchurch attack on Muslim immigration
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...im-immigration
                I think more people should start throwing eggs at him. Only rotten though, I wouldn't waste a potentially nice omelette to trash.

Seriously now. I hope those of you who are Australian ensure that this guy never gets elected again...

We are obviously in huge shock of what happened here. It's a brutal assault on multiculturalism by supporters of the white ISIS (aka, neonazis).
                Regards,
                A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YuriB View Post
                  I think more people should start throwing eggs at him. Only rotten though, I wouldn't waste a potentially nice omelette to trash.

Seriously now. I hope those of you who are Australian ensure that this guy never gets elected again...

We are obviously in huge shock of what happened here. It's a brutal assault on multiculturalism by supporters of the white ISIS (aka, neonazis).
                  He's facing a potential assault charge now so chances are his time in parliament is coming to an end.
                  I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

He responded appropriately to some little prick looking for his moment of fame. The little wanker should have engaged in dialogue, not hit him from behind.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Yep, Marvel just got a new super hero, "Eggboy" (that's what they're calling him now apparently). He has been proclaimed a hero by many for smashing an egg on Fraser's head. Not sure if it's politically correct to say but I was actually pleased to see Eggboy get bitch slapped. He's lucky that's all he copped, the little terd.

On a side note, while watching snippets of that disturbing facebook footage on the news, I could've sworn I heard Serbian music playing in the background. It turns out I was right. The guy was inspired by Serbian nationalists among others. So much so that he played Serbian music in his car while live-streaming on Facebook on his way to the mosques.

BELGRADE • As the gunman drove to the two New Zealand mosques where he carried out his mass killings, a Serb nationalist song was heard playing in the background of the haunting video he broadcast live on Facebook. Read more at straitstimes.com.

BTW, just so there's no confusion, although I feel Eggboy deserved to get bitch-slapped, the massacre was an unspeakable act by a deranged individual which should be rightly denounced by all. But, regrettably, I fear, with Easter just around the corner, "the religion of peace" will not take this on the chin and let bygones be bygones. Law enforcement authorities should really start making a conscious effort now and start organising extra police presence at places of worship during Easter services.

Comment

• YuriB
                        • Jan 2019

I am alarmed by the consensus being formed here..

There is a disproportionate emphasis on condemning (!) eggboy instead of condemning the ideology and people behind the mass shouting in NZ. Especially, since this was Australian brought, I'd expect a reaction from the many Aussies here.. Unless of course many of you are numbed by all this..

Also, we can't say this just a deranged individual and right after start spreading the usual Islamophobic rhetoric that churches, etc. are in danger because of Muslims. We are all in danger because of far right ideologies (ISIS, Nazis and even the Greek megali idea).
                        Regards,
                        A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Eggboy got his Instagram numbers up through an act of violence. That is totally unacceptable. The next little fame seeker will do something worse. The ideology is a separate issue entirely.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Yesterday I was watching our local news and heard a famous newsreader (Koch) say "Most terrorists are right wing white supremacists". Utterly offensive and completely unnoticed. Give me an egg?!
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

The only violence was from Senator Anning and his accomplices who assaulted the child. Police are currently investigating. Either way, is any of this relevant to Macedonia?
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Someone hits me from behind and good luck to them if I'm still standing. They will need it.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X