• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevce
    • Jan 2016

Macedonian school in Australia

Hi guys,

Are there any Macedonian schools in Australia?
    I don't mean a language school I mean a primary/high school that teaches the whole curriculum in Australia?

I know of Maronite schools for the Lebanese community, St Johns in Victoria for the Greek community and so on?

Does the Macedonian community have anything like that?
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

There isn't a Macedonian school in Australia. Even if there was, it would be required to teach the relevant state curriculum, just like the Maronite schools and every other ethnic/religious based schools.

Besides, Macedonian curriculum will not provide you with an adequate education for the 21st century (or the 20th for that matter). The most you will learn that is even remotely relevant to this century is that you're a fyromian that should be waving the ventilator.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Stevce
      • Jan 2016

Hi Vangelovski,

I was thinking more along the lines of a school following Australian standards, but catering for the Macedonian community, like the above mentioned schools and the Jewish schools do here.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

You would have to have pride in your culture to have a school.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelagonija
          • Mar 2017

No such schools, the Greeks have plenty, there are also a few Coptic orthodox primary and high schools.

As far as Macedonian education goes, we have a few language classes which are run outside of normal school hours, e.g evenings and Saturdays. Popular with parents of mix marriages and new arrivals..

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
            • Apr 2014

In Victoria, Macedonian Language is offered in schools that are in areas with a large concentration of us. VSL also offers classes for the weekends.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Stevce
              • Jan 2016

I was thinking with a population of 100,000 + there would have been a school or two in Australia. Risto guess you are correct its a real shame.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                I was thinking with a population of 100,000 + there would have been a school or two in Australia. Risto guess you are correct its a real shame.
                Those other schools are private schools. Someone would have to establish it. The way we are, we're lucky we have a few burek shops around the place.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I have seen the product of the Greek schools. They develop social issues that cause problems with integration later in life. I would not want to inflict that on my children.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    I have seen the product of the Greek schools. They develop social issues that cause problems with integration later in life. I would not want to inflict that on my children.
                    That`s an interesting insight Risto, can you explain these social issues a bit more. I`m assuming you mean integration problems with mainstream society? Or within their own Greek community?
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Definitely within mainstream society Momce. For them, the world is Greek and they are handicapped as a consequence. The world definitely isn't Greek, no matter how deluded they are.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Apr 2014

Can't see much benefit for this type of school in my opinion.
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Just discovered yesterday that Lalor North Primary School in Melbourne carries out its cirriculam in both English and Macedonian. All the teachers and students are Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

They do English and Macedonian, English and Greek and English-only for non Macedonian and non Greek students. Has been for at least 30 years.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              They do English and Macedonian, English and Greek and English-only for non Macedonian and non Greek students. Has been for at least 30 years.
                              Was told what I said from a student there. Felt it was relevant for this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X