Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #21
Jankovska

Jankovska is on a distinguished road

Jane Sandanski has always been my top hero in our history. He was just so pure and had the same dreams and visions that we have today. his father was the flag bearer for the Kresna Vostanie and I recommend 'Makedonska Golgota' to every Macedonians. The book is just amazing, it;s a dream that we all still dream, free and united Macedonia
Jankovska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #22
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

How can we get access to this book Jankovska, I have heard about it before. Can you tell us a little about it, who wrote it, the theme, etc?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #23
Sarafot

Sarafot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
How can we get access to this book Jankovska, I have heard about it before. Can you tell us a little about it, who wrote it, the theme, etc?
I bothed it in knižara in Ohrid last sumer for 800 denars,you can tray on Amzon?
Sarafot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 AM   #24
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Ако го имаш ај скенираи некои од по важните делои и клаи ги тука, можи така?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #25
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

I wish I was there.

They had the "sila" to do it.

Dedo Ilija got called back by the Russian command and so the uprising lost half of its able and bodied men.

Shortly after that, the Bulgarians assasinated the popular and fearsome Pirin vojvoda, karastoilov.

It could easily have gone the Macedonians way.

One thing they don't tell you about this is that it took the Turks 3 YEARS to bring the rebellion down.

So much we don't know about the Macedonians.
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM   #26
Jankovska

Jankovska is on a distinguished road

The book is by Vidoe Podgorec and I know it was quite difficult to find it, I've been searching for it for ages and I was lucky enough to get it from one of Vidoe's students. It's with malenka at the moment but when I get it I will try and see if I can scan few bits.
Jankovska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #27
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankovska View Post
The book is by Vidoe Podgorec and I know it was quite difficult to find it, I've been searching for it for ages and I was lucky enough to get it from one of Vidoe's students. It's with malenka at the moment but when I get it I will try and see if I can scan few bits.
Excellent, please do.
Quote:
One thing they don't tell you about this is that it took the Turks 3 YEARS to bring the rebellion down.

So much we don't know about the Macedonians.
Indeed Pelister, Macedonia during 1878-1881 is a turblent but interesting time, anything was possible, but something went wrong, we still hadn't fully learned the lesson of trusting no-one.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #28
Venom

Venom is on a distinguished road

Wow! Three years! That is amazing!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #29
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

It is amazing.

I am amazed at just how strong Macedonian identity was - they all knew who they were.

There are also the famous uprising in Kicevo area in 1878, 1879, 1880 and 1881.

Over a period of about 50 years (from 1800 to 1900) the number of Macedonians who took up a gun and ran to the hills to fight for their homes numbered hundreds of thousands, and there was not a single village that wasn't involved.

What about the 11,000 Macedonians who went south in the war to create a New Greece? They joined the Albanians and Vlachs down there.
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #30
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

.......Bump......
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote