• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
    I think the word European should be in there as well:

The Democratic European People’s Republic of North Macedonia

Just makes you want to sing songs about it...
    Denes nad Demokratska Evropska Narodna Republika Severna Makedonija....

Its catchy
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post

Its catchy
      ...just like antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
        • Oct 2011

Its catchy
        Speaking of the elephant in the room, I wonder how they are going to go about changing the anthem?, will they just amend the existing lyrics?, or go with a new tune entirely?

Perhaps now amending the second verse as follows may be considered fitting to the establishment?

Odnovo sega znameto se vee,
        na Severnata Republika!
        Zoran Zaev, Ali Ahmeti,
        Talat Xhaferi, Dimitrov!
        “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Tomche,

We wont understand the new anthem, it will probably be in Albanian

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
            Tomche,

We wont understand the new anthem, it will probably be in Albanian
            Yep, it probably will.

I wonder how much pride those European northerners will display when they have to stand with their hand on their hearts singing about Macedonia, their anthem, in Albanian. I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics that same kind of person would have to do when looking in the mirror to convince themselves that their Macedonian and their country is still Macedonia.
            Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-06-2019, 06:20 AM.
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
              I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics that same kind of person would have to do when looking in the mirror to convince themselves that their Macedonian and their country is still Macedonia.
              500 euros a month's worth
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
                • Dec 2012

They've already done this But they're doing it out of pure laziness, not opposition to RNMK. We really need to fit the words "Democratic" and "People's" into this name - that will make it more North Korean sounding...isn't that what we're going for here?
                In hindsight I see the the humor in my statement. Maybe they can kick it up a notch.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                  There's an increasing voice in Macedonia advocating for a boycott of the Presidential election. The strongest argument of which I have seen is the one saying electing a President of North Macedonia legitimises the name change. The counter is that Talat Xaferi will then assume the role for 6 months if no President is elected.

No matter how you play it, it's a no win situation.

It's time for the game to change, otherwise this looks like we're playing the game of the traitors and debating over the lesser evil.

If the word boycott can't shift to the word revolution, and given the passiveness of the nation it seems it can't, then at least the boycott voice should shift to an all out boycott of all institutions.

Boycott paying taxes to North Macedonia.
                  Boycott using ID that says North Macedonia.
                  Boycott the products and businesses of those involved in this treason.
                  Boycott going to the universities in North Macedonia.
                  Take your children out of schools in North Macedonia, refuse to let them learn from books written on the orders of a foreign nation (Greece).
                  Take your money out of the banks.
                  Pay cash only for all transactions, avoid all taxes.
                  Don't let any institution in North Macedonia see any money, any taxes from the people.

Force the Government into a situation where they have no revenue and no ability to borrow therefore no ability to pay the administration, the police, the MPs, etc.

It's easy enough, it doesn't affect peoples day to day life so the passive lazy nature of Macedonians plays well.

Don't boycott the Presidential elections, that wont achieve a win. Instead, boycott absolutely everything.
                  I love your suggestions and it’s the perfect way to ‘boycott’ this new government. But we both know its not going to happen, there are no leaders in Macedonia to organise something like this, and a lot of people do not want to lose their $200 a week jobs.

I too have seen a large ‘boycott’ movement online in regards to these elections. It will be just as idiotic and useless as boycotting the referendum.

I voiced my opinion on social media against boycotting the referendum and was called an idiot of unpatriotic by a lot of mindless lemmings in the diaspora and few shady, khazar looking men in the republic of Macedonia. I imagine I will get the same treatment if I question this boycott movement again.

Boycotting the election is Macedonians putting their necks around the rope to be hanged in the Albanian lynching party. It’s the next step in getting an Albanian president, and Macedonians will truly be the laughing stock of history.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Looks like Filip Petrovski is really trying to make a push for this. Comparisons are now being made between him and Gordana Siljanovska, along with insults by supporters of each against the other, referencing their prior associations with treacherous politicians from Macedonia's past.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Here's a recent interview from Filip Petrovski.

Гостување во ТВ Плус Куманово. На тема Македонија и кандидатура за претседател на државата.

I'll be honest, I don’t know much about his background and like I have mentioned before, his past association with Boshkoski irks me somewhat, as does a past statement about a dual-name formula reminiscent of Gruevski's previous stance. Going by some of his more recent videos, he gives the impression that he is patriotic, confident and energetic, and has been (or will be ) travelling to several Macedonian cities such as Kumanovo, Stip, Struga and elsewhere to bolster support. Plus he was almost always at the forefront of the protests against the treacherous name change. A basic paraphrased summary of the interview on the link:
                      - He is against Macedonia being a part of NATO and suggests it's better for Macedonia to be militarily neutral. Plus, doesn't agree with the price Macedonia had to pay to get into NATO. Apparently sent a letter to Erdogan and Orban asking them not to sign the NATO protocol for Macedonia's accession, or if they did, to at least acknowledge in writing that Macedonia was forced to change its name as a price
                      - He reckons if Mitsotakis wins elections in Greece he will veto Macedonia's accession and probably ask for additional annexes to be included in the so-called Prespa Agreeement
                      - Talked about the aims of the Macedonian people having a level of cultural autonomy to be able to visit each other across the artificial southern border without hassle and to freely speak Macedonian in Aegean Macedonia. Suggests that there are possibly 400,000 Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia where people still keep their traditions and sing their Macedonian songs. Suggests this is what Greece is most afraid of - the cultural unification of Macedonians
                      - Believes ethnic Albanians in Macedonia are less than 20% and that is why a census is being avoided. Refers to DUI and other ethnic Albanian politicians as criminals and terrorists who fought against the Macedonian state. Makes a distinction between ethnic Albanian citizens and their criminal leaders. Encouraged the former to make common cause with the Macedonian people and respect the country as Macedonia
                      - Will fight to reverse or repeal recent treacherous agreements such as the dual-language law. He didn't specifically refer to reversing or repealing the name change (unless I missed it) but I think he may have said this elsewhere
                      - Reckons he will take a stronger stance than Ivanov and says he will act without compromise until things are restored the way they were
                      - Says Vlatko Gjorchev is the weakest of the 3 potential DPNE candidates and is more interested in obtaining support from U.S. politicians (evidenced by his "selfies" with American political personalities) rather than the Macedonian people
                      - Says Siljanovska shouldn't be trusted as she was a minister under Branko Crvenkovski when his government was responsible for thousands of people losing their jobs, that her husband was in cahoots with Ljubomir Frckoski in a money laundering scheme, that she was a part of Zaev's "colour revolution" yet ironically now being proposed as a DPNE candidate, and that she is a board member of Soros' organisation
                      I haven't came across any interviews regarding a potential presidential run and positions from Siljanovska, if anybody has, please share it here. Would like to get her perspective up also. For Gjorchev also, even though I am not really that interesting in reading his perspectives given that he looks like another Mickoski-type Gruevski stooge.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nushevski77
                        from reading the above Filip Petrovski seems like a patriot and a good candidate but how much of this is just talk and no action if he gets elected, from watching Ivanov all he's done is make speeches, will this guy do the same?
                        Will any of them do anything in that position. That's the question. He is certainly talking the talk and what he's said so far has been largely positive.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

Gordana Siljanovska was part of the Sharena Revolucija and a Soros recipient.

Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Will any of them do anything in that position. That's the question. He is certainly talking the talk and what he's said so far has been largely positive.
                            Macedonia is crying out for strong uncompromised leadership, sadly all candidates since independence have talked the talk but none have done shit...we’ve been bitten on the arse on more than one occasion by those that make grand promises...none of this current lot are any better in my opinion, the public is too naive and too politically inactive to demand a better standard of candidate...with a general political apathy of most Macedonians, the candidates are never held to any reasonable level of accountability by the citizens and so the cycle just repeats itself...same shit, different day.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                              Gordana Siljanovska was part of the Sharena Revolucija and a Soros recipient.
                              Solza Grceva seems to be supporting Siljanovska for president but prefers for her to be an independent candidate. And apparently she wants to hear what her strategy is to reverse the name change.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Here is another clip from Filip Petrovski at the front of the Macedonian Parliament, where they’ve recently removed from Republic of Macedonia signage.

Summary. He says that his aim is to topple the current regime with the support of the people. As President, he says he will block all new laws from the current regime. He will block them a second time and then dare the regime to try and impeach him when he has the support of 700,000 Macedonian voters. He is asking for the support of all Macedonians, those in the republic and the diaspora. If early elections take place he will will field a list of candidates who are good, patriotic Macedonians. He will also reinstate the Macedonian Constitution and Preamble of 1991.

Fighting words.

Comment

Working...
                                X