DPMNE sells out Ohrid, 32 meter tall minaret to be Built!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

DPMNE sells out Ohrid, 32 meter tall minaret to be Built!!

The DPMNE administration has secretly made a deal with the Government of Turkey to finance a so called "reconstruction" of a mosque in the center of Ohrid. Under the agreement, Turkey will build a 32 meter high minaret with loud speakers in the center of the old town, which will be seen and heard from all around Ohrid and the region. Currently, the mosque does not have a minaret.

Watch the video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R926FicTI4c

In the video, you can hear the words yourself from the Director of the Museum in Ohrid - Tanja Paskali Buntaseska, who says, I quote:
    "It is correct that the minaret will be 32 meters... I don't see, in general, a problem with the reconstruction of the minaret"

Citizens in the city are furious why they were never consulted by the Museum and local authority.

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"? And for what, to satisfy the agenda of Islamist Turkey?

To add insult to injury, the mosque lies on the foundations of an earlier Christian church, that was demolished by the Ottoman Turks...

Photo of the mosque:

Photo of the traitor:
    Last edited by Niko777; 05-19-2017, 04:53 PM.
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Absolute shocker.

I am from Ohrid, and most of my family lives in Ohrid. I can tell you there is a lot of outrage about this

Ohrid, unlike neighboring Struga, has a very small Muslim population, consisting mostly of Turks, not Albanians. That mosque always bothered me as it was. Its actually quite large right, and is right in the middle of the old town. It was an eyesore to start, now its going to be one of the tallest structures in the whole freaking area.

These fucking loud speakers are obnoxious and one of the reasons I HATE going to Struga. What gives you the fucking right to wake up the entire surrounding area so you can blare your moaning prayers in a language most don't understated.

Ohrid is a tourist hub, does a tourist want to hear moaning at 4 am?

Ohridzani are pretty unruly, I don't think they will take this lying down, especially if they see it as hurting tourism.

I will be heading home to Ohrid in 4 days, I will report back what the mood is on the ground.

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    The DPMNE administration has secretly made a deal with the Government of Turkey to finance a so called "reconstruction" of a mosque in the center of Ohrid. Under the agreement, Turkey will build a 32 meter high minaret with loud speakers in the center of the old town, which will be seen and heard from all around Ohrid and the region. Currently, the mosque does not have a minaret.

Watch the video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R926FicTI4c

In the video, you can hear the words yourself from the Director of the Museum in Ohrid - Tanja Paskali Buntaseska, who says, I quote:
    "It is correct that the minaret will be 32 meters... I don't see, in general, a problem with the reconstruction of the minaret"

Citizens in the city are furious why they were never consulted by the Museum and local authority.

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"?
    And for what, to satisfy the self interests of Islamist Turkey?

Photo of the mosque:

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Gocka View Post

I will be heading home to Ohrid in 4 days, I will report back what the mood is on the ground.
      Thanks, that would be appreciated.

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

A reminder for readers of this forum...

1. Turkey's Mosque Project in Tirana:

2. Turkey's Mosque Project in Prishtina:

3. Turkey's Mosque Project in Skopje: (approved by DPMNE-DUI)
        Last edited by Niko777; 05-19-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

I personally do not care about what religious structures are built in the Republic, though I don't understand the need for this mosque to be so pronounced in a city with only a small Muslim population? Also have read things about Turkish-funded mosques and assimilation through service, much like the Greek Patriarchate and Bulgarian Exarchate.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

[SIZE="4"]

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"? And for what, to satisfy the agenda of Islamist Turkey?
            Don't understand how building a mosque automatically turns Ohrid into the "Mecca of the Balkans"? You said building a mosque would change it from the "Jerusalem of the Balkans", you do realise that Jerusalem is home to churches, mosques and synagogues right? If anything building a mosque would actually make the title more plausible as it's pretty stupid to refer to Ohrid as such when it is mostly just churches.

Further more despite Erdogan's push to change things, Turkey has always been a secular country so don't quite understand the "Islamist Turkey" part of things.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Albo
              • May 2014

Ohrid Demoraphics:

Macedonians, 47,344 (84.9%)
              Albanians, 2,962 (5.3%)
              Turks, 2,268 (4.1%)
              Serbs, 366 (0.7%)
              others, 2,809 (5.0%)

As we can see that almost 15% of the population are non-Macedonian and are mostly Muslim, Apart from the Albanians and Turks the 2,809 (Other) mostly would be from the Roma community who are mostly Muslim also.

So we have around 7,000 - 8,000 potential Muslims I think the city has around 4 - 5 mosques ..

this is a painting of the Ali Pasha Mosque from 1848 that is being refurbished to its original form,

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                Don't understand how building a mosque automatically turns Ohrid into the "Mecca of the Balkans"? You said building a mosque would change it from the "Jerusalem of the Balkans", you do realise that Jerusalem is home to churches, mosques and synagogues right? If anything building a mosque would actually make the title more plausible as it's pretty stupid to refer to Ohrid as such when it is mostly just churches.
                It is called the 'Jerusalem of the Balkans' in the context of Christianity, because there are hundreds of churches and monasteries, not because the actual Jerusalem has churches, synagogues and mosques. Ohrid is a holy city where Macedonian and Christian culture flourished, there is no justification for altering its image.
                Further more despite Erdogan's push to change things, Turkey has always been a secular country so don't quite understand the "Islamist Turkey" part of things.
                We'll see how long that lasts. The Turkish republic has been secular, but that is only a short period of Turkish history. Nearly everything Erdogan does is pushing Turkey back to Ottomanism. He is undoubtedly an Islamist. Personally, I think he sometimes cringes when he sees portraits of Mustafa Kemal everywhere.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  It is called the 'Jerusalem of the Balkans' in the context of Christianity, because there are hundreds of churches and monasteries, not because the actual Jerusalem has churches, synagogues and mosques. Ohrid is a holy city where Macedonian and Christian culture flourished, there is no justification for altering its image.

We'll see how long that lasts. The Turkish republic has been secular, but that is only a short period of Turkish history. Nearly everything Erdogan does is pushing Turkey back to Ottomanism. He is undoubtedly an Islamist. Personally, I think he sometimes cringes when he sees portraits of Mustafa Kemal everywhere.

Either way, what religious structures are built in Ohrid are of no concern to me but I don't understand the need for such a renovation on a mosque where it is more likely to be used as a tourist attraction and ode to the past than an actual place of worship

Erdogan is defiantly destroying the Republic that Ataturk built, Turkey is very split over the issue.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Don't those Albanian language schools in Tetovo teach fucking math?

The Turks and Albanians make up less than 10% the "other" 5% isn't just Roma, its all the other foreigners who live in Ohrid. Secondly, since when are Roma exclusively Muslim? Do you know any Roma? This is why no one believe your estimate on Albanians, because you people freaking exaggerate like crazy.

You turned 9.4% magically into 15%, by tomorrow they will all be Albanian and it will be 30%

Ohrid has about 42,000 residents, even at 15% that would be 6,300 Muslims assuming all Albanians and Turks are Muslim, ALSO NOT TRUE. Again counting only Turks and Albanians, that is 4,000 Muslims max, again your freaking Albanian math is double what it really is.

I call for a ban just for not knowing basic math, that's unacceptable.

Originally posted by Albo View Post
                    Ohrid Demoraphics:

Macedonians, 47,344 (84.9%)
                    Albanians, 2,962 (5.3%)
                    Turks, 2,268 (4.1%)
                    Serbs, 366 (0.7%)
                    others, 2,809 (5.0%)

As we can see that almost 15% of the population are non-Macedonian and are mostly Muslim, Apart from the Albanians and Turks the 2,809 (Other) mostly would be from the Roma community who are mostly Muslim also.

So we have around 7,000 - 8,000 potential Muslims I think the city has around 4 - 5 mosques ..

this is a painting of the Ali Pasha Mosque from 1848 that is being refurbished to its original form,

Do you want loud speakers blaring Muslim moaning every freaking morning ? The entire city will have to listen to that shit. What will tourists think? That they entered a Muslim country that's what, like they already think when they enter Skopje.

Either way, what religious structures are built in Ohrid are of no concern to me but I don't understand the need for such a renovation on a mosque where it is more likely to be used as a tourist attraction and ode to the past than an actual place of worship

Erdogan is defiantly destroying the Republic that Ataturk built, Turkey is very split over the issue.

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Either way, what religious structures are built in Ohrid are of no concern to me .
                      This is a very ignorant attitude to have. Building a 32 meter minaret in the center of Ohrid will not only significantly alter the skyline and the charm of the old town, it will also be a nuisance to the majority Christian population who will have to wake up early every morning to the sounds of an Albanian hoxha chanting in Arabic. This is anything but a tourist attraction, this is an attempt to alter the image of Christian Ohrid and make it into a "multi ethnic multi faith" Ohrid where Muslims will have a larger presence in the cultural fabric of the town and will play a leading role in Albanianzing the region in the near future.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        Do you want loud speakers blaring Muslim moaning every freaking morning ? The entire city will have to listen to that shit. What will tourists think? That they entered a Muslim country that's what, like they already think when they enter Skopje.
                        The speakers would be too much but what would it matter what tourists think in that regard, Macedonia is a multi-religious country anyway

Comment

• Apr 2014

This is a very ignorant attitude to have. Building a 32 meter minaret in the center of Ohrid will not only significantly alter the skyline and the charm of the old town, it will also be a nuisance to the majority Christian population who will have to wake up early every morning to the sounds of an Albanian hoxha chanting in Arabic. This is anything but a tourist attraction, this is an attempt to alter the image of Christian Ohrid and make it into a "multi ethnic multi faith" Ohrid where Muslims will have a larger presence in the cultural fabric of the town and will play a leading role in Albanianzing the region in the near future.
                          It's not ignorant, I just don't care. The whole Christian/Muslim divide is an absolute joke in my eyes, the religious identity of Macedonians means nothing to me as a Macedonian is a Macedonian irregardless of religion.

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

It's not ignorant, I just don't care. The whole Christian/Muslim divide is an absolute joke in my eyes, the religious identity of Macedonians means nothing to me as a Macedonian is a Macedonian irregardless of religion.
                            Its not a joke.

Irregardless of religion, a Macedonian is a Macedonian.

The first post isn't about Christian/Muslim divide, this thread is based on the construction of a minaret. I feel as if you are unintentionally introducing a Cristian/Muslim divide, why do you think it necessary to bend the thread in that direction?

From what I understand the mosque already exists, now they want to add a minaret with funding from Turkey. I don't know if this mosque is currently being used and don't know what condition it is in.

Thinking about what you had said Irregardless of religion. Is the Imam Macedonian?

Do you know why the Turkish government funded it?

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

Christianity will become a minority in ROM if the current trends continue, I've read this on a few statistical web sites.

Time: 9:33 a.m. CEST Muslims in the Republic of Macedonia could outnumber the Christians in the country by 2050, according to a report published by the Pew Research Center in April 2015. With 59, 3…

The Large mosques are a marking of their territory, just note the mosques with the extended minarets when driving from Kicevo to Skopje. In regards to the Mosque in Ohrid, someone must have got a big fat pay day.

I remember staying over in Kumanovo, the early morning chanting woke me up. Wasn't a nice feeling, didn't feel like home..

Comment

Working...
                              X