Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 03-24-2018, 01:55 AM   #551
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
Do you know something we dont?
You sound surprised Amphipolis. Does it surprise you to learn that your former Deputy Prime Minister of Greece, Theodoros Pangalos is an Albanian too? All your picture says is that Kotzias might be a Hellenised Albanian, that's all. It doesn't prove that he is not an Albanian. We have plenty of Hellenised Macedonians in Greece holding the torch to Hellenism...Nevertheless, as you suspected, I don't have any proof that he is an Albanian. It's just a rumour that I've heard which I'm more than happy to be spreading. Our trusted source Wikipedia does speculate a little in the Talk page about his possible Albanian or Turkish roots. That's usually good enough for you Greeks and Bulgarians when it comes to throwing mud on our identity so, I figured it would be good enough for me too to offer this as "evidence" of Kotzias' non Greekness and possible Albanian or Turkish roots.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 AM   #552
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
There are Statues in Macedonia honoring World War II Nazi collaborators built by Macedonia’s ethnic Albanian. Kotzias would be proud.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #553
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road

Kotzias brought his own rubber stamp during this week's meetings in Skopje

Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #554
mklion

mklion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
Kotzias brought his own rubber stamp during this week's meetings in Skopje

LoL only in Macedonia

If I was Kotzias I would have stamped Zaevs forehead right after landing. I'm sure Zoran would just smile and thank him.
mklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #555
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-24-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #556
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Abedin Rakipi claims that Kotzias is an Arvanite (Albanian). He also states that Dora Bakoyannis is an Arvanite.

Google translation/summary of the second paragraph:

In a university conference among the famous Arvanite surnames Maria Efthimiou also mentions the surname Kotzias. Kotzias or more precisely Kotzia (Kocia) is an Arvanite surname.

URLs:
http://www.kohajone.com/2016/11/02/z...or-nuk-e-dini/
http://abedinrakipi.blogspot.ca/2016...nuk-e.html?m=1
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 AM   #557
Amphipolis
Banned

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
Abedin Rakipi claims that Kotzias is an Arvanite (Albanian). He also states that Dora Bakoyannis is an Arvanite.

Google translation/summary of the second paragraph:

In a university conference among the famous Arvanite surnames Maria Efthimiou also mentions the surname Kotzias. Kotzias or more precisely Kotzia (Kocia) is an Arvanite surname.

URLs:
http://www.kohajone.com/2016/11/02/z...or-nuk-e-dini/
http://abedinrakipi.blogspot.ca/2016...nuk-e.html?m=1
Regarding Dora Bakoyiani (daughter of Constantine Mitsotakis) that refers to her mother Marika (Yanoukos family from Athens) as Mitsotakis is a Cretan (related to Venizelos family). This partial Arvanite ancestry also applies to Dora's brother Kyriakos, who's running to be our next Prime Minister.

Regarding Kotzias I can not confirm. It's not an issue of etymology (which is either Turkish or Greek or unclear, not Albanian), but it's possible that this surname is common between Arvanites (I only found the geographical distribution). Arvanites don't necessarily have surnames with Albanian etymology.

http://apps.vrisko.gr/apo-pou-kratae...b9%ce%ac%cf%82

Kotzias claims he is not related to the former Mayor of Athens Constantine Kotzias, and that he is not his... son or grandson, as the Cham Albanians accused him of.

===

Last edited by Amphipolis; 03-25-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #558
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

Methana, Hydra, Aegina were inhabited by Albanians.
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:31 AM   #559
Amphipolis
Banned

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

I couldn’t find anything about his family or origins but Nikos Kotzias is infamous in Greece for suing a political magazine that spoke about his early communist life in Eastern Germany and called him a "Gauleiter". This term was considered wrong and defamatory, Kotzias was awarded a huge compensation and the journal had to eventually close because of debt.

So this Abedin Rakipi should be careful.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #560
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Wow. A Greek wins a lawsuit when someone calls him something he's not.

Oh, the irony for Macedonians who are called Bulgars, Slavs, FYROMIANS and Tatars by the Greeks.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote