X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonia View Post
    I disagree with the notion that the Greek government is claiming purity.
    Really? So you do have Macedonian, Turkish, Vlach, Albanian minorities?

Comment

• Makedonia
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
      Really? So you do have Macedonian, Turkish, Vlach, Albanian minorities?
      The Greek government acknowledges that there are people living in Greece, from all over the world.

What it does not recognise is the minority status of these peoples.

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

The Greek government acknowledges that there are people living in Greece, from all over the world.

Hm and I thought the Greek Gov only recently said there are not MAcedonians living in Greece. Have I missed something

Comment

• Makedonia
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
          Hm and I thought the Greek Gov only recently said there are not MAcedonians living in Greece. Have I missed something
          Yes you have missed something.

The Greek Government acknowledges there are 2.5 million Macedonians living in what it calls Makedonia (northern Greece).

It cannot and does not recognise these Macedonians as a minority group as they are the majority.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

The Greek Government acknowledges there are 2.5 million Macedonians living in what it calls Makedonia (northern Greece).

It cannot and does not recognise these Macedonians as a minority group as they are the majority.
            Hmmm, there are 36 million Californians living in California, they are the majority .... what the?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

From a legal point of view, it recognizes know one unless they are Greeks by genus.

From a historical point of view, it recognizes known one as a separate ethnic group. To overcome this problem the Modern Greek state have managed to morph the ethnic Albanians, Vlachs and more recently, Macedonians into some kind of a 'Greek'.

It has robbed and stealed from the ethnic Macedonians for the better part of a century. It legitimizes its invasion of Macedonia today on a number of historical assumptions, one being, that the ancient Macedonians were Greeks, two, that Macedonia was always Greek, and three, that people who were setttled in Northern Greece during the 1920's are the real Macedonians (it doesn't matter that they have no history in Macedonia before this date).

Comment

• Makedonia
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Hmmm, there are 36 million Californians living in California, they are the majority .... what the?
                Precisely.

These Californians are Americans, not a group claiming minority status and recognition. They are not ethnic Californians, living in an occupied America.

Draw the parallels and you will start to see the Greeks' logic.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Precisely.

These Californians are Americans, not a group claiming minority status and recognition. They are not ethnic Californians, living in an occupied America.

Draw the parallels and you will start to see the Greeks' logic.
                  Precisely, the Californians are AMERICANS. I have never met anyone from the USA who calls themselves CALIFORNIAN or whatever State they come from. They might do it with other Americans. Are Greeks that egocentric that they honestly believe it to be appropriate to introduce themselves as being form a region of Greece without mentioning Greece itself.

Hi, my name is Kostas, I am Kozanian ... ? (Says Kostas to the rest of the world who don't know shit about Greece)

So, precisely what are you talking about?
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonia
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Precisely, the Californians are AMERICANS. I have never met anyone from the USA who calls themselves CALIFORNIAN or whatever State they come from. They might do it with other Americans. Are Greeks that egocentric that they honestly believe it to be appropriate to introduce themselves as being form a region of Greece without mentioning Greece itself.

Hi, my name is Kostas, I am Kozanian ... ? (Says Kostas to the rest of the world who don't know shit about Greece)

So, precisely what are you talking about?
                    Hypothetical example,

I have never met a person who self identifies as an ethnic Californian.

I have met a Californian from the United States of America though.

But if I did meet a person who self identifies as an ethnic Californian, does one have the right to reject this identity if the accepted norm is that no such Californian ethnicity exists?

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

makedonia masturbation should be confined to the privacy of your own space , and not on this forum.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

But if I did meet a person who self identifies as an ethnic Californian, does one have the right to reject this identity if the accepted norm is that no such Californian ethnicity exists?
                        Is he an ethnic Californian or an ethnic American?
                        If he wants to be an ethnic Californian, he will attempt to secede from the USA and insist on no longer being called an American.

How does this help you?
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Makedonia, this topic is about the ethnic composition of Ottoman and Modern Greece.

I would ask you to try to stick to the topic. If you have any information on this subject, I encourage you to post it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                            Makedonia, this topic is about the ethnic composition of Ottoman and Modern Greece.

I would ask you to try to stick to the topic. If you have any information on this subject, I encourage you to post it.
                            Nah Pelister, he was just being polite about negating our identity.
                            I am willing to entertain it because he is digging a very deep one at the moment.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

You do see the lies you are being fed by your government, 2.5 million would constitute a very sizable minority within Greece, but if the recognize these regional Greeks as a Macedonian minority, further down the line they might say, hey we are Macedonians we live in Macedonia, we do not want Greece......
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                                You do see the lies you are being fed by your government, 2.5 million would constitute a very sizable minority within Greece, but if the recognize these regional Greeks as a Macedonian minority, further down the line they might say, hey we are Macedonians we live in Macedonia, we do not want Greece......
                                And continuing with this little dream ... since the gifted section of Greece (Macedonia) supplies all of the food and electricity to the rest of Greece, they would be able to dictate some very important commands.

Allow me to plant the first seed of discontent.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X