Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #21
Tomche Makedonche

Tomche Makedonche is on a distinguished road

Although it is quite uncommonly used (to be honest, I can't remember the last time I heard anyone in my immediate family use it), the word does exist in my neck of the woods, specifically in reference to a banquet table as Dragi described. I know Serb’s use it too and I guess I took it to be more of a foreign influence, but who knows, again we don't really use the term.
“There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-16-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Tomche Makedonche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #22
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

lol. Well at first I was surprised that the word was used in both the Stip and Ohrid dialects considering how different they are.

I tried to do some research because I was intrigued by the fact that the word appears to have Greek origins, which is rare for most dialects out of present day ROM. After talking to some older folk, turns out the word Trpeza is a very old word, one that my great grand parents would have used, in Ohrid it has been replaced with other words except for Trpezarija which is still the most common way to call a dining room, but all other forms of the word are basically not in use anymore.

It seems that many languages in the Balkans and Southern Europe use some form of the Greek Trapeza.

Here is most likely the reason that the word is so widely used.

"In a monastery, a trapeza (or refectory), is the dining hall where monks and pilgrims gather for food and conversation"

It seems to have religious meaning especially in Orthodoxy, which would explain its wide use.

Znacit ne sme so Dragan grcista, ama mnogu golemi verci, Bog da ti prosti za tvojte navredi. Amin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
А бе знаев дека вие Штипјани и Охриѓани сте грчишта
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #23
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Love this video from last week. Really want to know the song playing at 6:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emxf6yMDRrw